Science Hill 104 Crockett 10

AlumnI01

The Lady Toppers are an exceptional group of kids! :) I was at the game! Science Hill girls played their butts off!! In order to be able to compete at the state and national level they have to get used to playing 4 quarters the best that they can. If Crockett got beat that bad someone needs to look at moving them to a different conference. Go Lady Toppers!

Our school had one of those games this year that could have won 100-10 against an alternative school. Halfway through first quarter Coach said no fast breaks - zone only and could not extend past free throw line. Second half could ONLY shoot 3 pointers which was a dream for the centers----if you make yours, you come out go to the end of the bench, sub next to coach in and everyone move up a seat......and then we feed them pizza after the game. Team told my daughter they enjoyed playing us more than anyone else....and yes, she learned a lot more than basketball that day.....and as a side note, girls played best game of the season the next game.

The Lady Toppers are an exceptional group of kids! :) I was at the game! Science Hill girls played their butts off!! In order to be able to compete at the state and national level they have to get used to playing 4 quarters the best that they can. If Crockett got beat that bad someone needs to look at moving them to a different conference. Go Lady Toppers!

There is no way you can justify this kind of behavior by a coach. There was nothing about this game that would help you get ready for the state tournament. You must be a parent of SH to post something as asinine as this.

• Upvote 1

Geez, give it a rest guys. If you read the Fritz article (who is an idiot, by the way), the Crockett coach admitted that his team played harder in their following game. And don't call it a travesty because one team played exceptionally well. Other sports actually codify making a travesty of the game and provide consequences (baseball is one), which includes intentionally playing poorly.

Science played sloppy in a previous game and they came out against Crockett firing on all cylinders. You guys can believe in mythical karma all you want, but this game will have no impact on what SH does in the postseason, whether they win it all or get beaten before getting to substate.

But if you sissificators can't accept that, then ask upward basketball to start offering programs for high school age players where no one wins or loses and scores aren't kept.

And don't think SH is immune to getting their butts kicked. Have you guys forgotten what SH football was like in the late 90's and 2000's before.

Move on, people.

I'm afraid Crockett's A.D. talking crap in the JC Press is only gonna hurt their team when they play Science Hill again. After beating a team by 94, I'd say it's tough to get fired up to play them again, but thanks to Kite's comments I would say it's caused the Lady Toppers to come together to want to make the score worse next time. How can Crockett be consistently bad in pretty much every sport every year? They have 5 feeder schools I think, and you'd think they could produce a couple of decent players every now and then. Here's my solution to help out the Washington County High Schools:

Build 8 new high schools and just let them compete against each other night in and night out like they do in middle school. Most of those middle school teams just play each other all the time then they are in total shock when they have to play SHHS, DB, and Tennessee High. Either that or enter their teams in a Parks and Rec league so they can compete.

Calling a coach classes and saying he should be fined or issue a public apology is making a fool out of yourself. Coach barnwell may have very well ran the score up but he may have not ran the score up as well, only coach barnwell, his players, and his coaching staff know this. If the lady toppers wanted to they could have scored 150 points easily but they didn't. Coach barnwell is a great person from what I hear around the tri cities and from other coaches around this area. People can make as many assumptions as they want but the fact of the matter is that it is the past and Crockett needs to learn from this and get better from it, instead of complaining and whining about it

I'm afraid Crockett's A.D. talking crap in the JC Press is only gonna hurt their team when they play Science Hill again. After beating a team by 94, I'd say it's tough to get fired up to play them again, but thanks to Kite's comments I would say it's caused the Lady Toppers to come together to want to make the score worse next time. How can Crockett be consistently bad in pretty much every sport every year? They have 5 feeder schools I think, and you'd think they could produce a couple of decent players every now and then. Here's my solution to help out the Washington County High Schools:

Build 8 new high schools and just let them compete against each other night in and night out like they do in middle school. Most of those middle school teams just play each other all the time then they are in total shock when they have to play SHHS, DB, and Tennessee High. Either that or enter their teams in a Parks and Rec league so they can compete.

Judging by your asinine comments you are one of many people associated with SH who automatically thinks they are better than any other school just because the name on the jersey and the fact that yall are a rich kid school that has lots of money and don't even try to say yall don't point being crapping out money for a new football, basketball, and complete new wing of the school. Also yes Crockett has 5 feeder schools compared to ur 1 middle school that has 1300 which is the size of Crockett and SH has 2600 kids from a town of 60000 which means numerous amounts of athletes and u saying that them having the feeder schools should mean they should compete is a complete idiotic remark, I mean heck yall should be winning every athletic title in the conference. If all the other schools had the resources yall did they would be right up there with the god school of Science Hill. Point being Crockett is a county school having to compete with SH who has 3 times the resources to win games and doesn't get to choose from all the athletes that JC has, next time pick a better argument before u and all the rich SH fans can base the classless game that was played the other night, and yall wonder why every school hates yall , just another case of we think we are better than everybody else because we have more money than everybody else and our ego gets to the gym 10 minutes before we do.

Judging by your asinine comments you are one of many people associated with SH who automatically thinks they are better than any other school just because the name on the jersey and the fact that yall are a rich kid school that has lots of money and don't even try to say yall don't point being crapping out money for a new football, basketball, and complete new wing of the school. Also yes Crockett has 5 feeder schools compared to ur 1 middle school that has 1300 which is the size of Crockett and SH has 2600 kids from a town of 60000 which means numerous amounts of athletes and u saying that them having the feeder schools should mean they should compete is a complete idiotic remark, I mean heck yall should be winning every athletic title in the conference. If all the other schools had the resources yall did they would be right up there with the god school of Science Hill. Point being Crockett is a county school having to compete with SH who has 3 times the resources to win games and doesn't get to choose from all the athletes that JC has, next time pick a better argument before u and all the rich SH fans can base the classless game that was played the other night, and yall wonder why every school hates yall , just another case of we think we are better than everybody else because we have more money than everybody else and our ego gets to the gym 10 minutes before we do.

Great Aritcle in the Press today. Fritz is a totally bias anti-SH writer who never seems to get it but tries to stir the poop. Anyways. This is the last post for me on this topic. SH is not the only school to score 100 points.

Is it even the 100 points or the fact that they held a team to 10 while they continued to score? Past Scores

Riverdale 103 Lavergne 10 last year

Riverdale 102 McMinn County 41 2yrs ago

Riverdale 103 Lawerence County 39 this year

SH boys 103 Crockett 32

SH boys 101 Central 48

SH boys 101 Central 56 2 yrs ago

SH boys 101 Volunteer 48 2 yrs ago

So as you can see. Some nights things go your way and some nights they do not. Now play harder and get better, compete, and quit being a sissy. This is

competive sport. It has nothing to do with sportsmanship casue if that was the case SH would have done this a few times already in the past 2 years. Do people

really think the they said OK tonight lets really be bad players,coaches and break 100. Come on. All kids want to win and beat a team as bad as they can, it is

competive nature. If you disagree then you probably never played a competive sport. Thanks and see ya!

I think it's clear, if you read posts on here and the newspaper article, that the issue here doesn't come from SH scoring 100 points, it comes from the fact that they were pressing up 70. As for the, "if you disagree you probably never played a competitive sport" comment, I started every game of my high school career in volleyball, softball, and basketball and played collegiate athletics for four years as well (somewhat competitive I'd say) and totally, 100%, no-doubt-about-it disagree with a team PRESSING up 70 points whether it be Upward, Junior League, Middle School, High School, College, or the dang NBA. Inexcusable.