Mitchell's first year in 2A, who are the top teams?

Galilee

Very interested to see how Huntingdon will do in 2A. Having seen them and several of the "traditional" West TN 2a teams.... I would say that they are usually much stronger than most 2A West TN teams, but it will be a new year so you never know.

Also, I think that it will be interesting to see how Goodpasture does. They will have talent, but how will the coaching change effect them??? Mitchell will have the talent to make a deep playoff run, but there are several teams that will definitely be able to compete wih them on a yearly basis.

Only problem is they have ran out of Warbrittons for a few years and most of that massive line is gone. They don't rebuild though they truly reload. Can't wait for football to get here.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you basing that off of Reaction? They didn't have a good year last year and most of the year they were playing with half their team suspended. I think they are going to surprise a lot of people in 2a. They have the best facilities in the classification and they'll have players transferring in every year.

I think they will be a good program don't get me wrong, but I just don't think they are going to show up to 2A and win the title. We have played them twice I think. Series is at 1-1 if I remember correctly. You also have to throw in a new coach. Will he get the best out of his team like Coach Martin did? Will the transfers continue to come for this new coach, or were they coming because of the previous coaches success? I guess time will tell.

Edited by reaction

I think they will be a good program don't get me wrong, but I just don't think they are going to show up to 2A and win the title. We have played them twice I think. Series is at 1-1 if I remember correctly. You also have to throw in a new coach. Will he get the best out of his team like Coach Martin did? Will the transfers continue to come for this new coach, or were they coming because of the previous coaches success? I guess time will tell.

These are all good points about Goodpasture. I believe that Goodpasture is an enigma at this point. Coach Mote is walking into a program that is somewhat divided right now and he will have some fences to mend. From everything that I have been told, Goodpasture will be very talented this coming year and will have a chance to win the gold ball, but the future is very sketchy. Will Coach Mote be able to bring this group together and keep other kids from leaving, which I have heard might become a problem.

Top 5 imo

West

Huntingdon

Mitchell

Adamsville

TCA

Combined 1 state championship

Middle

Goodpastors

TC

Boyd

Silverdale

MaryAnn

Combined 17 state championships

East

Hampton

GCA

Rockwood

Onieda

Combined 2 state championships

Your Top 5 in the East and West only have 4 teams. Creekbank High School strikes again.

I had almost forgot about Peabody. They already had talent and good coaching. The addition of

Bland will make them even more dangerous!!!

Adding Coach Bland was a great move in my opinion, and in year 2 under Gaddis i bet the team is seeing great improvement from last year just with continuity alone and i bet an explosion in numbers is happening as well