12AA 2013

unidawg

Not in any way claiming to be an expert nor did I mention a pitch limit-just an opinion that it was high. Lamm develops pitchers as well as any coach I've seen and has done a great job elevating and maintaining that program.

We'll just have to agree to disagree-just personally don't see pitch counts that high very often-even on my son's college team. An yes, he's a pitcher.

Best of luck the rest of the season-hope to see you in Districts

I am a known supporter of SH Raider Baseball so I'm not in any way saying anything bad about the program or the coach because both are proven winners and very good!

But I will make a comment about pitch counts. 146 pitches is EXTREMELY high. Little League has pitch counts for a reason. It's to protect arms. High School should think about going in that direction. I don't care how conditioned a kids arm is 100+ pitches is danger zone for high school kids. Think of all the extra pitches beside the 146. 7 x 7 warm up pitches for innings, lets say around 30 warm up pitches in the bullpen before the game. That's almost 200 pitches. No parent in their right mind should think that many pitches in a game is necessary or ok. I have coached a lot of baseball on several levels. I coach high school age kids now and when a pitcher gets to 80 it begins what I like to call the red zone. I start thinking about other options. Protecting arms is the most important thing.

I'm not saying coach over threw the kid. He knows his players better than anyone. But it don't need to be done on every outing.

I'm sure there has been times where every team in district 12AA had a pitcher with a high pitch count in a game. Let's just not point fingers at the SH vs Page game.

Edited by Willie

Genius, a Spring Hill parent was thrown out FIRST. I was directly beside of the incident... Andy by the way, BOTH sides seem to have parents/relatives who are absolutely horrible examples to kids who are at the games.

Page takes one on the chin, losing 3-2 at Spring Hill. Five years in a row going to Spring Hill that one of our Parents is run out of the park (or threatened to) and SH side raises heck like a 12U girls softball team plus the usual BS calls that always seem to happen. Bitter? No, mad as heck. I would write a paragraph about it, but as Neidermeyer in Animal House said "Decorum prohibits listing them here". Move on, game 2 tomorrow.

But i digress, why in the world would you let a HS pitcher throw 146 pitches? Usher tossed a heckava game but if that was my kid I would be ballistic.

Battle for 2nd place in 12AA could very well be decided tonight, as Spring Hill has a commanding lead and most likely will not trip coming down the stretch. Gm 2 Page vs Marshall tonight, Summit has Lewis but don't see them losing twice to LC or to Fairview next. Marshall has Giles after tonight.

Baseball

Division I Class AA Region 6 District 12

Rank Team W-L

Record Win

Percentage

1 Spring Hill 11-2 84.60%

2 Marshall County 10-3 76.90%

3 Page 10-5 66.70%

4 Summit 9-4 69.20%

5 Giles County 8-5 61.50%

6 Lewis County 6-7 46.20%

7 Hickman County 3-10 23.10%

8 Fairview 3-11 21.40%

9 East Hickman 0-13 0.00%

Here is how I see it ending up

1. Spring Hill 14-2

2. Summit 13-3

3. Marshall 12-4

4. Page 10-6

5. Lewis Co. 8-8

6. Giles Co. 8-8

7. Hickman Co. 4-12

8. Fairview 3-13

9. East Hickman 0-16

Top Bracket played at Spring Hill

1. Spring Hill

8. Winner of Fairview/East Hickman

4. Page

5. Lewis Co

Bottom Bracket Played at Marshall Co.

2. Marshall Co.

7. Hickman Co.

3. Summit

6. Giles Co.

Edited by District12AA

Marshall beat Page 10-6 in 10 innings. Page fought back from a 6-0 deficit to tie it up and had bases loaded with 1out in the 7th but couldn't get it done. MC put up 4 in the top of the 10th and Page couldn't answer. Good game but hated to see Page lose, especially on Senior Night.

May have spoken to soon about battle for 2nd...as 1st is still not a done deal. SH win tonight vs HC would lock up 1st, but a loss combined with an MC win would present a tie at first with the nod going to MC due to season sweep. District tourney is gonna be a nail-biter.

Spring Hill 13 2 0 .867

Marshall County 12 3 0 .800

Summitt 11 4 0 .733

Page 10 6 0 .625

Giles County 8 7 0 .533

Lewis County 7 8 0 .467

Hickman County 4 11 0 .267

Fairview 3 12 0 .200

East Hickman 0 15 0 .000

Congrats to SH Raider Baseball and Coach Lamm. Proven winners year after year. Put themselves in another great position to make a deep post season run by being a host site for the district tournament. The tournament is going to be a dog fight. Good luck to all teams.