New 2013 AAA Boys State Champ

DougS

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm selecting Region 8 Round 1 games as follows:

Round 1: (Games to be played on Friday, March 23, 2013)

Top Bracket:

1) Ridgeway (D15AAA - 1) vs Hamilton (D16AAA - 4): Winner - Ridgeway

2) Whitehaven (D16AAA -2) vs Houston (D15AAA - 3): Winner - Whitehaven

Bottom Bracket:

1) White Station (D16AAA - 1) vs Germantown (D15AAA - 4): Winner - White Station

2) Southwind (D15AAA - 2) vs Melrose (D16AAA - 3): Winner - Southwind

I anticipate all of these games to be competative except for the Germantown/White Station game. I almost selected Melrose over Southwind. I may change it before game time. Who else wants to prognosticate with me?

Edited by kwc

Top Bracket:

Bottom Bracket:

1) White Station (D16AAA - 1) vs Germantown (D15AAA - 4): Winner - White Station

I anticipate all of these games to be competative except for the Germantown/White Station game. I almost selected Melrose over Southwind. I may change it before game time. Who else wants to prognosticate with me?

you can give me Ridgeway Houston WhiteStation Southwind I. Want to pick Melrose but I don't think they do it with out Markell and Jamarrio

White Station is clicking right now. When healthy Black, Chris, Nick and Roby are hard to stop. They would defeat RW, Mel, or SW. Whoever comes out ofthat region, both will be in the Boro. DC nor Blackmon can handle them.

White Station is clicking but I don't think anybody is as deep as RW. Coach Henning seems to get maximum effort from everyone he puts on the floor. RW is playing remarkable as well.

Top Bracket:

Bottom Bracket:

Well, well, well ... Who saw this comming? White Station losing to Germantown? Wow! Ridgeway beat Hamilton as expected but man imagine if that remarkable freshman, Dedrick Lawson wouldn't have been sitting out his second game because of a two-game suspension. His brother, Keelon, however, went for 31 points and they lost by four points. (Ridgeway Fights off Hamilton) Throw in the fact that the Ridgeway team lost an assistant coach to a suspected homicide didn't make things any easier. That has got to be a heavy yoke to bear, especially during this part of the season.

Here I am thinking that Melrose was going to give Southwind a game and they get blowed out by 30 points. They only scored 28 in the whole game with just 4 guys scoring, with one of those guys being Markell Crawford who only scored 2 points. (Feb. 23 Prep Results) Man ... you just don't know.

I see the semi-finals going as follows:

Region 7: (Tuesday, February 26, 2013 @ Brighton H.S.)

Game 1: (@ 6:00 P.M.)

Munford vs. Craigmont: Winner - Craigmont

Game 2: (@ 7:30 P.M.)

Cordova vs. Dyer County: Winner - Dyer County

Region 8: (Tuesday, February 26, 2013 @ Houston H.S.)

Game 1 (@ 6:00 P.M.)

Germantown vs. Southwind: Winner - Southwind

Game 2: (@ 7:30 P.M.)

Ridgeway vs. Whitehaven: Winner - Ridgeway

I'm hoping that Whitehaven can beat Ridgeway. They have the team to do it. But ... my head just won't go there. Come on Tigers ... prove me wrong!

Edited by kwc