Beech Bucs

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that we will still be very strong again this year. We were in a similar situation last year (losing our lines), but the young men worked hard and stepped up. While there will not be a lot of experience in the trenches, these boys will have good size. Also, we still have most of our skill guys coming back, and Hurd will probably be playing both ways this year too. Should be a fun year, and I can't wait until we start back!

It is easy to build a team around a talent like Hurd! Might have lost some kids due to graduation but the younger kids have that confidance from winning......... It is the program to beat.

oh i wasn't taking anything away from what you say above, they will definitely still be in the thick of it, and i would honestly be pretty surprised if they fall short of at least the semifinals, but its a new year. there always seems to be "that team" that just kind of comes out of the woodwork and ends up on another level. beech WAS that team in 2009, hendersonville was that team in 2010 (even though they lost in the finals), henry county was that team in 2011, etc.

hopefully its the wave in 2013...lol. a guy can dream.