Beech Bucs

Yes, our lines will be the big question mark this year. We have a lot of big guys, but they are inexperienced and will have to step up. Fortunately, we did not lose a lot of skill players. We did lose our starting qb, but our backup (Henry - who will be a senior) should step in nicely. He has played a lot the past couple of years and should do well. Our backfield is completely intact with Hurd, Carter and Campbell. I expect to see Carter and Hurd play a lot of defense too. Our db's (lead by state MVP - Hawkins) should be solid too.

You will have one of the best backfields in the state if not the best. The Bears will have a young; but experienced D. Probably start 6-8 juniors. The MJ D will be strong. Our offense will be very talented.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree MJ will be a challenge this year.

I will be accused of trash talking and not being respectful but I have got to say it because someone has to: Beech will run the score up many times this year, mostly in the first half. The mercy rule will be in effect the 3rd quarter more games than not. Sorry to have to say it Henry County, but this will be true Week 1.

Jalen Hurd is that good and there is no point pretending he is not.

Edited by doppelganger1989

I dont think they have come out with the Thursday night games yet.

MJ / Beech is a great rivalry. Who are thhe returning skill payers beside Hurd. I know you lost most of your line. What will you have back on D?

O line will be ok , I mean Hurd can get 200 with a Middle School team o-line

The big key is how will the new Bucs QB do ?

If you look at last years QB he was very underrated and like an AJ McCarron -

Big thing is can Beech improve on the D side of the ball?

Listening to Henry Co and Beech fans talk, everyone else in 5A might as well cancel their seasons... It's Feb. guys.. Slow down. We have a long time to trash talk

No one is saying anything of the sort. These are just the two most recent state champions, one of whom has a lot of talent returning, and the other of whom has a very elite talent returning. These kinds of discussions are normal.

You can thank doppleganger (who is either an idiot or merely trolling [or both]) for inciting these colorful responses.

No one is saying anything of the sort. These are just the two most recent state champions, one of whom has a lot of talent returning, and the other of whom has a very elite talent returning. These kinds of discussions are normal.

You can thank doppleganger (who is either an idiot or merely trolling [or both]) for inciting these colorful responses.

This is a Beech thread. The Henry County thread is several lines down. I'm a troll when I post there, not here.

• 2 weeks later...

O line will be ok , I mean Hurd can get 200 with a Middle School team o-line

The big key is how will the new Bucs QB do ?

If you look at last years QB he was very underrated and like an AJ McCarron -

Big thing is can Beech improve on the D side of the ball?

Pretty sure Coach Crabtree would love it if next years's D plays as well as this year's D did.

Pretty sure Coach Crabtree would love it if next years's D plays as well as this year's D did.

Granted won state BUT gave up how many points in playoffs? 131 I think ?

Now we all know If no Hurd you lose all those games you gave up all those points....

No offense but Beech is a groin slip away from winning 4 games if Hurd gets hurt

Granted won state BUT gave up how many points in playoffs? 131 I think ?

Now we all know If no Hurd you lose all those games you gave up all those points....

No offense but Beech is a groin slip away from winning 4 games if Hurd gets hurt

Not saying Hurd wasn't and won't be a huge part of Beech's success. Just saying Beech's D last year took some unfair criticism. They held 13 of their 15 opponents under their season averages. The only team that scored more than their avg against them in the playoffs was Northeast. Whitehaven gave up 70 in their final two games. Was their D bad? Not saying Beech's '12 D was the Steel Curtain, but I think they were better than many believe.