STATE CHAMPIONSHIP FAVORITES AAA/AA/A

addicted2coachT

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. It was also mentioned that Mas. rarely heard the whistle blow. She shot 13 free throws. Meigs is a great 3 point shooting threat. Last night they hit one and missed several easy shots as did Central. So how can anyone be justified to say that MC should have won by 25.

A little correction, though your story sounded good if you're looking for excuses. Meigs shot 25 free throws, Central shot 16. A difference of 9 free throws is a faaaaaaar cry than the 15-20 you stated.

Another issue that defines a little whining on your part.....and a rather tacky one at that, my friend. I personally know one of the refs calling the Meigs/Central game last night, and I assure you that he nor any in his crew would make a ridiculous statement like that. I doubt if any of them knew who Masengil was until they got to the gym.

Why not take the 7 point victory over a pretty good Meigs team and be happy, rather than looking for reasons why the Chargerettes didn't win by 25?

I don't recall saying anything about free throws sir. I said fouls. I also don't recall saying that the ref said anything. Read it again. I said combined with that and not playing very well, they won by 7. Do you just wait for me to say something so you can comment? I haven't read anything you've said this season positive about Central without an underhanded comment toward them to boot. I don't tell stories. It's the truth. There's only one team playing left from McMinn County. Obviously, your favorite team is out.

Are fouls not somehow related to free throws? They used to be. LOL

Your implication was that the ref didn't like Masengil, and possibly stated it as such before the game. Why even mention it unless you were trying to make a case for the game being close?

Gee, your thin-skinned if you think I wait around and look for your comments just to reply. I've been VERY complimentary of McMinn Central many times - just ask the District 6AA fans who used to get a chapped butt when I stated the truth. I will correct people when they try to slant things - like you did. I have several McMinn Central fans who post on here, and none of them have a problem with what I say. Matter of fact, one of them (a parent of a Central player) told me last week that my comments about Central were right-on.

Yep, my favorite team is out of it. AAA basketball is a little tougher than AA ball in Region 3, especially when Bradley is in it. We did beat Central once this year, though!

Last I was told (because I don't know anything about basketball) there were several ways to foul not resulting in free throws. All you have to do is count to see the foul count was way lopsided. I didn't slant anything. I stated an observation. I relayed something I had been told from a credible source never claiming it to be true, but worth telling. Why? Because I wanted to. You're right, McMinn got us once. I very well-officiated game I might add. ;) So, I'll restate my original comment in a nutshell. Lopsided calls plus subpar play by Central resulted in a 7 point victory. They should have won by more. Not a slight toward Meigs. Just the truth. And AAA is supposed to be tougher. It's AAA. If I recall, Meigs got McMinn in one this year, too ;). Are you at McMinn tonight?

Last I was told (because I don't know anything about basketball) there were several ways to foul not resulting in free throws. All you have to do is count to see the foul count was way lopsided. I didn't slant anything. I stated an observation. I relayed something I had been told from a credible source never claiming it to be true, but worth telling. Why? Because I wanted to. You're right, McMinn got us once. I very well-officiated game I might add. ;) So, I'll restate my original comment in a nutshell. Lopsided calls plus subpar play by Central resulted in a 7 point victory. They should have won by more. Not a slight toward Meigs. Just the truth. And AAA is supposed to be tougher. It's AAA. If I recall, Meigs got McMinn in one this year, too ;). Are you at McMinn tonight?

I doubt your source is very credible making a ridiculous statement like that.

The difference in points from freethrows was 5.

If Meigs had hit treys like they normally do, they'd have probably won.

Yes, McMinn lost @ Meigs. Central won a close one @ Meigs.....but I was told that the ref stated before that game that he didn't like Swafford. ROFLOL

McMinn also lost to AA Grainger Co. by 14 points. No shame in losing to good teams.

No, not at McMinn tonight. I may come watch the Central girls in substate.

It is clear that everyone's Favorite girls' team should be the Lady Admirals of Farragut. They have a clear path out of Region 2 as they play a weak,wounded and worn out little Bearden team who they will wear out even more tomorrow night! Then they play whoever makes it out of upper east Tennessee on their home floor.

The Lady Ads have great attitudes as they play as a team with total hustle and great senor leadership. Riverdale and Science Hill may have some athletes, but it takes more than that to win a State championship! It takes heart. And the Lady Ads have more heart than any team they will face!

The Lady Ads Always Win With Class--And Look Great While Doing It!

It is clear that everyone's Favorite girls' team should be the Lady Admirals of Farragut. They have a clear path out of Region 2 as they play a weak,wounded and worn out little Bearden team who they will wear out even more tomorrow night! Then they play whoever makes it out of upper east Tennessee on their home floor.

The Lady Ads have great attitudes as they play as a team with total hustle and great senor leadership. Riverdale and Science Hill may have some athletes, but it takes more than that to win a State championship! It takes heart. And the Lady Ads have more heart than any team they will face!

The Lady Ads Always Win With Class--And Look Great While Doing It!

If you think that Riverdale will not take home the gold ball you're delusional.