McMinn Central vs. Cannon County

chargerfanforlife

The round house is a tough place to try and win an elimination game. Hope the girls from Woodbury prove me wrong but past experience says Central wins at home.

I wonder what the Chargerettes record is at home in sub-state games? I do remember them losing to a very good Livingston team years ago but that is the only loss there I can remember in sub-state.

I wonder what the Chargerettes record is at home in sub-state games? I do remember them losing to a very good Livingston team years ago but that is the only loss there I can remember in sub-state.

That's a good question. I believe that loss was 2006/2007, the year after I graduated. I don't recall another time. In my opinion, there is no better a high school basketball experience than Sub-State at the Round House.

That's a good question. I believe that loss was 2006/2007, the year after I graduated. I don't recall another time. In my opinion, there is no better a high school basketball experience than Sub-State at the Round House.

Even though you ended our quest for 5 state championships in a row I enjoyed the experience. Great student section!

Even though you ended our quest for 5 state championships in a row I enjoyed the experience. Great student section!

I believe you guys will get another one this year. I sure hope we can both say that. I've never seen Jaycee Coe play in person and would love to have that experience. Maybe next week in the Boro...

Edited by Cody

From 2002-2003, they've only lost twice. Both times to LA. One year,they were eliminated in the regional. The roundhouse is definitely one of the hardest places to win in the state. Great fans, great student section and most of all, good, well coached teams! Edited by rabbitranch

This should be a good game between two pretty good teams. Dodgen coming home (in a sense) to McMinn County. From looking at Cannon Co's. schedule, they had the upper hand over Livingston in the early part of the season, winning both games by double-digits.......then losing two close games to Livingston in the District and Region tournaments.

I'd just about call it a tossup on a neutral floor, but playing at Central gives the edge to the Chargerettes.

LA lost by 2 the first game in regular season and 12 the second time.. I do agree that they had the upperhand.

Cannon Co. has an uphill climb but certainly are capable of winning.

LA lost by 2 the first game in regular season and 12 the second time.. I do agree that they had the upperhand.

Cannon Co. has an uphill climb but certainly are capable of winning.

Any team coming out of your Region won't ever be overlooked by Coach Morgan in substate. Kudos to LA for winning a tough Region Championship.

Any team coming out of your Region won't ever be overlooked by Coach Morgan in substate. Kudos to LA for winning a tough Region Championship.

Going to be tough for Cannon County. I watched McMinn beat Cannon County in Woodberry in 2010 in the Sub-State and I watched McMinn beat Cannon County in the state tournament in 2011. They were two wars as I remember. Logic says McMinn will be tough to beat at the Roundhouse, but Cannon County has held their own all year. I am going to pick McMinn in a close one, because they are at home. But it will be a war.

Pulling for Cannon in this one, however, that's the toughest environment to play this game in Tennessee Girls Basketball. There is literally nothing like it. They're loud, supportive, crazy, and can cross the line sometimes, but they're great. It will take a great shooting night from the Abbys for Cannon to advance, and they are capable.

Edited by King21

Pulling for Cannon in this one, however, that's the toughest environment to play this game in Tennessee Girls Basketball. There is literally nothing like it. They're loud, supportive, crazy, and can cross the line sometimes, but they're great. It will take a great shooting night from the Abbys for Cannon to advance, and they are capable.

Very well said. We ARE loud, supportive, crazy, and on occasion in very small factions, can cross the line at times. You will always have that in any basketball school with a long winning history and tradition. Every team loves to win. Only some can do it consistently through the years. Two of those teams are going to play Saturday night. I'd recommend getting there as early as possible. Once that gate opens, it will fill up fast. A word to visitors, generally, visiting fans sit in the area behind the visiting bench. Its open seating, obviously, but if you wanted to sit with your own fans, that's where most will be. I'll be sitting in the first reserve seat on the right behind the home bench. Come say "hi". Good luck in your travels and in the game! GO CHARGERETTES!!!