Class A State Tournament

Vandychris

Now to all of us that are actual fans and attend games of our respective teams let's hear about all the teams involved. I don't know much about Hampton or Cloudland or Collinwood so tell us about your teams! (This conversation does not include you Vandy as you don't go to the games). Would like to hear from a true Summertown fan about their team. I've heard they are a very good team.

I love me some Summertown Basketball. We have a young team with only 2 seniors a couple juniors the rest are sophmore freshman and 8th graders. At times the inexperience shows big time with spurts of turn overs and bad shots. Then at other times they really surprise me with their maturity. The 2 seniors are both top tier players both have signed with Treveca, and we continually have coaching staffs looking at the younger players(bright future). Both seniors are work horses on both ends of the floor. One of them is a tough hustle type player the other is also but very sneaky about it. You will think she had 8 or 10 points at the end of the game and then see the scorecard and she will have 20 or 25. Nearly every player can shoot the 3 and take it to the hole. Probably the stronest asset is tough defense. Alot of times the defense will drive the offense to quick 7-10 point scoreing bursts. Our guard play is strong but inexperienced and make turn overs at times that shouldnt have been made. Nashville Christian gave us a scare last night, they are a good team and are well coached and came out ready to play. Our girls seemed to play the first half trying not to lose instead of playing their game. One senior got into foul trouble early and only played about 10 min of the game. NC played their hearts out and was up by 7 at one point and up by 3 at the half. In the second half Summertown came out strong and pulled out an 11 point win but it wasn't pretty. If we have a first half in the boro like last night we could have fits with some of the high powered teams.

Collinwood is a strong team also they are big in the post and have solid guard play. Very solid team all around. They have one young lady that is a heck of an athelete that anyone will have their hands full guarding. The big girl in the post is a solid rebounder and is a good second scoring option. The other guards can shoot the 3 ball and penetrate very well also.

Looking forward to the state and wishing everyone good health, good luck, and great refs.

Devi-do you really want me to go through every thread and copy and paste how many times you have said that 7A is getting thecgold ball and everyone else is playing for silver? Do you want me to paste where you have said that the finals will be a 5th meeting between the top two reams in 7A? Now dont kid yourself into thinking that just because they made it to the Elite 8 (as have 2 teams from the "weak" as you call it 12A) they will steamroll into the finals.....remember, just a few weeks ago someone even said and I quote "There isnt a scenario im which I see Summertown making it"

As for attending the games, I do-maybe not every single one, but I do attend the games...

Devi-do you really want me to go through every thread and copy and paste how many times you have said that 7A is getting thecgold ball and everyone else is playing for silver? Do you want me to paste where you have said that the finals will be a 5th meeting between the top two reams in 7A? Now dont kid yourself into thinking that just because they made it to the Elite 8 (as have 2 teams from the "weak" as you call it 12A) they will steamroll into the finals.....remember, just a few weeks ago someone even said and I quote "There isnt a scenario im which I see Summertown making it"

As for attending the games, I do-maybe not every single one, but I do attend the games...

Notice that not many people, other than you, keep talking about the issue that it might be a fifth meeting. Why? Because it IS highly possible. I would take CR/JC against the field without hesitation.

One thing for certain-there will be no more easy outs.....there are 8 extremely good teams left (some are better than others for sure) and if any of the 8 have a bad afternoon or morning they can say goodbye to the Boro.....I just hope all of the teams show up with class and dignity and represent their respective communities in a positive way...

Great post Stowneagle sounds like you guys will be a fixture at the state for several years. Haven't heard from the Hampton and Cloudland fans. Tell us about your teams!

As for the fair weather fan who doesn't go to games 7A's record at the state tournament speaks for itself.

Edited by devilfanatic

Sheesh. Was hoping to read some good discussion and gain insight into the Class A tourney teams. Instead, there's about a page and a half of discussion and about three pages of poster-bashing. Reminds me why I don't visit here often... :(

Totally agree. I've tried to get this thread back on topic but Vandy wants to bash everyone. I've been asking about Hampton and Cloudland but no one has said much about them. Hey Bigster tell us about your team and any info you have on Madison

Edited by devilfanatic