Class A State Tournament

Vandychris

The only time I saw Union City play this year they really struggled with a below average Hickman Co team. They really really get after you on defense, but they seemed to have trouble scoring. There is no doubt in my mind they are better than the game I saw, as I know they are as good as advertised. I really hope we can both make it to the finals, then it will be #1 vs #2, for all the marbles.

Chs29 gave a pretty good run down of our team Cloudland. We've got Rhodes at 6'1 and Wilson who is 5'11 at the posts. We don't necessarily live and die by the post. If you can't get the ball up the court through pressure then post play can't happen. Cloudland's guards all handle the ball really well and they defend well.

come on king when your team scores 47 pts and your post score 40 i'd say you live and die by the post play,the guards have gotten a whole lot better but their young and get spooked easily(sometimes)and this is on a big stage.They have surpised me all year,i'm very PROUD of these girls on matter the out come.I would say if they were at full strengh they would have been in the championship game,who knows.I just hope the other teams overlook the teams from Carter co.

Who are some of the Cloudland players to watch- Points they are avg. / etc.?

The number 1 player to watch is post Brooke Rhodes. She is a miss basketball finalist and averages a double double every game. In sub-state she had 27 pts and 12 rebounds while the oliver springs student section was yelling overrated. Our next player who can light it up is power forward Courtney Wilson. She is a tough rebounder who can play wing as well and shoot the 3. Kendall Mull is a lightening quick guard who can shoot the 3 and create turnovers. Deandra Jarrett is a pint size guard who stays in the opponents back pocket and shoots the 3. And point guard Martina Presnell does a great job with pressure. Considering the youth of cloudland's back court, they play really disciplined and take care of the ball.

come on king when your team scores 47 pts and your post score 40 i'd say you live and die by the post play,the guards have gotten a whole lot better but their young and get spooked easily(sometimes)and this is on a big stage.They have surpised me all year,i'm very PROUD of these girls on matter the out come.I would say if they were at full strengh they would have been in the championship game,who knows.I just hope the other teams overlook the teams from Carter co.

The guards have to get it down there to them and they have to bring it up the floor without turning it over. More to the game besides who scores the most.

The guards have to get it down there to them and they have to bring it up the floor without turning it over. More to the game besides who scores the most.

thats what i'm saying this game will be won or lost by the guards.Man you seem to not like anything i say,remember were on the same side.Quit trying to drop all this knowledge (more to the game than who scores the most)i'm pretty sure that who scores the most wins.

I was hoping Cloudland would get a better draw than Union City.From what I have heard their resume is pretty brutal.I think their 2nd round matchup could be far more worse than their 1st round,just for the fact both Summertown and Clarkrange from what I hear are diciplined offensively and defensively and very well coached. The only thing that scares me is their guard play and capability of taking care of the basketball.They dont really have a "true" point guard nor a stand-out great ball handler so I could see teams pressure in the halfcourt giving them a little bit of trouble especially more bigger and physical guards.Wilson is going to have to be more of a key than Rhodes is just for the fact the "GLASSHOUSE" isn't really what we call a shooters gym so I could see teams trying to key on Rhodes and make them win from the outside.Most of the time when Wilson and Rhodes play well they get better results.If their guards can take care of the basketball knockdown a few shots here and there to open up the inside and make it a priority to get stops in the halfcourt than I think they can survive that 1st round game.Regardless with the injuries that has occured to them early in the year and different transition changes they have had to go through Roan Mountain has nothing to hang their heads about.I wish both Cloudland and Hampton the best of luck.

Edited by grassroots176