This is why we need instant replay...

TNPreps let's see the video, I don't know how anyone can argue the shot should have counted when looking at the slow motion replay. I have no dog in the hunt but is obvious the refs missed one. Now nothing can be done but to just flat out deny that the call was incorrect shows you have some type of bias.

From every video and photo I have seen she did not give it off in time, if you think otherwise show proof.

Proof is in the TSSAA Class bracket. Cannon County is in it. McMinn Central is not. Shot off in time!

When they go to instant replay, I believe the sound of the horn is used before the time on the clock. Plus, the horn is what the refs have to go by and she may have gotten it off before the horn sounded. Just cause the clock hit 0.00 doesn't mean the horn went off exactly at that point.

I was wondering when someone was going to make this point. Actually when a clock without tenths on it goes to all 0's there are still 9/10's (.9) of a second left. So there will be 9/10's (.9) of a second before the horn sounds. The referee is taught to listen for the horn and watch the ball. So she can still shoot with all 0's on the clock and it could be good because the horn had not sounded yet. I watched this video several times and never heard the horn. So there is no way to tell if the call is correct or not. Generally you would say as long as there is more than 3/10 (.3) on the clock you can take a shot. So without seeing the tenth's of a second there is no way to say it's good or not when it leaves her hand. But very well is probably good.

Just for clarity, I was not at the game nor am I from either county and have no relation to anyone in either county. Furthermore i am not a referee. Just saying.

Still a tough way to lose a game and if I were on the short end I would be unhappy as well.

Edited by takeahack

My 2 cents. Too close to call in real time, slowing it down to tenth of seconds shot not off before :00 but it should be buzzer instead of clock to determine it. I just want officials to agree looks like all do in video. Last thing, get over it it's done and it ain't gonna change! You guys @ McMinn Central act like you've never gotten a call go YOUR WAY @ the Glorious Roundhouse! LMAO

heard it from a good source high up in tssaa.

I do think that Tennessee does need a shot clock at the high school level.... maybe like a 40-45 second shot clock. It continues to keep the game interesting and cuts out all of the stall ball. I'm not sure any of this will happen though because of the cost that it will put on the school's to buy shot clocks etc...

Edited by GCPioneer

That's a bad deal when you look at it. But the first thing that crossed my mind is the buzzer. Refs probably waited until the buzzer and if it did get released prior to the buzzer then that's why it was called good. Also the point was speculated that the clock might've started early, but I'm here to tell you having been on the clock a few times myself it usually doesn't start when it should rather than starts early. Starting early would be a clear premeditated move a real reason for concern. Replay is the knee jerk reaction. What happens when they get it wrong with replay? It happens in the pros ya know...

Like Coach Morgan said, if we do just 1 of 4 or 5 things better, it doesn't come down to the last second shot. It was a bad call, but if we just keep them off the offensive glass in the second half, shoot free throws better, or fight over the ball screen in the 1st quarter...

We'll be back.

You're correct. Too many Central fans are enamored with the timing of the last shot and not realizing the team just didn't play that well. Plus, the Chargerettes didn't shoot well from the freethrow line although they had a sizeable advantage in foul shots compared to Cannon County. I'm probabaly more amazed at the lack of defense with Masengil who was supposed to defend the Jakes girl who sank the bomb that killed Central's chances.

Like Coach Morgan said, if we do just 1 of 4 or 5 things better, it doesn't come down to the last second shot. It was a bad call, but if we just keep them off the offensive glass in the second half, shoot free throws better, or fight over the ball screen in the 1st quarter...

We'll be back.

There you go.

Edited by plumb69