Class AA State Tournament Thread

howdoitknow

How do you rank Howard three spots above LA? They barely excaped MC by one in the region final and LA beat them by 11. Then they win over a very injured DC team by 3 that LA cleaned house with in the tournament . No disrespect to DC, it was just bad luck or it could have been the other way around. No disrespect to you,I just don't see your logic there. Care to explain? The rest of the teams I know little to nothing about. I know that the Memphis and Fulton teams are good and that's about it. CPA as defending champs should be 1 till they get knocked off.

No disrespect taken, but I don't think LA "cleaned house" with DC , though they did respectively fight back from a large deficit to take the region. IMO, I do think LA should be swapped around with Howard. Hard to know without knowing who plays who. Good luck Wildcats.. :popcorneater:

Howard is far too high on the list. I understand the past years where they've made it in the tournament, but does that mean this year they are that good? I'd take LA over them. The two games we beat LA with every single player healthy were both by single digits and with the missing players we couldn't get over the hump after two tries. Howard has a 6'9 post against a banged up team and trailed the whole game almost. Just my two cents but LA has the better team. And please remember we are talking about THIS year.

Now I don't know about Gibbs on the bottom they are full of surprises not a bad team. They did knock off 3 power house teams Austin East, Fulton, Alcoa and beat Fulton for Regional Championship. Respect is deserved when you are down by what 20 and come back to when a Sub-State game. I would like to see a match up with Fulton and CPA though. Fulton speed and CPA height would be a interesting game to watch. Both teams have seasoned coaches.

The reason i have howard up there is because of strength of schedule. I feel they have played tougher opponents as a whole. Also LA lost to DC twice during the regular season?? So anyone who knows basketball would expect the third game to go to LA. (hard to beat a team 3 times). Didn't LA trail like nearly 20 points to DC in that region championship game or something like that before coming back to win? And yes LA seems to be playing their best basketball right now, and I anticipate them doing well in the state tournament with a good draw I think they can definately make semis with chance to play for golden ball, but I tried to do my seedings on everyone's whole body of work and teams I have seen. As far as having east where I have them I have seen them play a few times this year. THey have spells where they look good by turning the other team over and getting in that up and down game. When they don't have this going they just Don't pass the eye test for me. Don't shoot the ball consistent enough, because in the Glass House most can handle the rock and pressure. Fulton is the best Knoxville team, from what I have heard they execute and play really good D. and we all know that Defense wins "championships". But I will have to say and agree that the 3-6 spots are and very tough to compare those teams. But overall should be a good mixture of styles and overall a great tournament looking forward to the bracket coming out sat.!!

I think Mitchell is ranked a little low. They made it to the championship game last year with less talent. Unlike last year Mitchell has great gaurd play and a real go to Guy when a basket is needed.

Please don't look at the record, those loses came from early in the season with there best player out with an injury.

By the way they start four Sophomores. Three of which played major minutes as Freshman last year, with one scoring over 30 in the Glass House.

Howard is far too high on the list. I understand the past years where they've made it in the tournament, but does that mean this year they are that good? I'd take LA over them. The two games we beat LA with every single player healthy were both by single digits and with the missing players we couldn't get over the hump after two tries. Howard has a 6'9 post against a banged up team and trailed the whole game almost. Just my two cents but LA has the better team. And please remember we are talking about THIS year.

Point well made.. Experience does matter at this point and can play a factor, any minutes one has played in that environment even if on bench, the preparation, the feeling of belonging there and have been there not happy to get there, it was expected to be there all plays important factors in the minds of these young adults. Coaches who have been there and been there also helps and is important. But I by no means are saying any of these teams do not deserve to be here because they all do. Thats what makes basketball great anyone can beat anyone on any night. Those seedings are what I just felt from the things I looked at that I feel are important in basketball played out.... But glad we are talking about basketball now though !!!!

The reason i have howard up there is because of strength of schedule. I feel they have played tougher opponents as a whole. Also LA lost to DC twice during the regular season?? So anyone who knows basketball would expect the third game to go to LA. (hard to beat a team 3 times). Didn't LA trail like nearly 20 points to DC in that region championship game or something like that before coming back to win? And yes LA seems to be playing their best basketball right now, and I anticipate them doing well in the state tournament with a good draw I think they can definately make semis with chance to play for golden ball, but I tried to do my seedings on everyone's whole body of work and teams I have seen. As far as having east where I have them I have seen them play a few times this year. THey have spells where they look good by turning the other team over and getting in that up and down game. When they don't have this going they just Don't pass the eye test for me. Don't shoot the ball consistent enough, because in the Glass House most can handle the rock and pressure. Fulton is the best Knoxville team, from what I have heard they execute and play really good D. and we all know that Defense wins "championships". But I will have to say and agree that the 3-6 spots are and very tough to compare those teams. But overall should be a good mixture of styles and overall a great tournament looking forward to the bracket coming out sat.!!

Fair enough. I guess in my opinion the overall schedule can't really be spoken of this year because the talent in that area is down. Just from my observations boys and girls both are down. One team from the area in the tourney can kind of back up my point.

1) transfers happen all the time from school to school. Yes the private schools that do not give "financial aid" have a better advantage at getting the better players, because any player can come because no zones. Get over it stop making excuses and become better players and believe you can beat them. Sometimes you can just get in your head they are going to win because of this that and the other and lose sight of preparing and playing the games. There is a reason that all #1 seeds in the NCAA tournament have made the final four like what 1 time. You prepare and play the game that is what makes basketball great.

2) I have no idea about the situation at Livingston, but sounds like it was during football season so not understanding why it is brought up now at the end of basketball season. There prob was some kind of penalty or handled internally at the school and it was sufficient or the player still wouldn't be on the team. Obviously livingstons coach is a great coach or they wouldnt be in the postition they are in, and if this player was an extreme issue or problem then I would say he would have been dismissed from the team.

3) can we please use this thread the way it should be used and analyze the state tournament, I know it isn't based on seeds, but a blind draw, but if you were to seed the teams what would they be????? Mine are:

1)CPA

2)Jackson Southside

3)Howard

4)Fulton

5)East Lit.

6)Livingston

7)Mitchell

8)Gibbs

IMO Howard is not the third beat team in this tourney.

CPA

JSS

Mitchell

LA

Howard

East

Fulton

Gibbs

1) transfers happen all the time from school to school. Yes the private schools that do not give "financial aid" have a better advantage at getting the better players, because any player can come because no zones. Get over it stop making excuses and become better players and believe you can beat them. Sometimes you can just get in your head they are going to win because of this that and the other and lose sight of preparing and playing the games. There is a reason that all #1 seeds in the NCAA tournament have made the final four like what 1 time. You prepare and play the game that is what makes basketball great.

2) I have no idea about the situation at Livingston, but sounds like it was during football season so not understanding why it is brought up now at the end of basketball season. There prob was some kind of penalty or handled internally at the school and it was sufficient or the player still wouldn't be on the team. Obviously livingstons coach is a great coach or they wouldnt be in the postition they are in, and if this player was an extreme issue or problem then I would say he would have been dismissed from the team.

3) can we please use this thread the way it should be used and analyze the state tournament, I know it isn't based on seeds, but a blind draw, but if you were to seed the teams what would they be????? Mine are:

1)CPA

2)Jackson Southside

3)Howard

4)Fulton

5)East Lit.

6)Livingston

7)Mitchell

8)Gibbs

CPA

JSS

Mitchell

LA

Howard

East

Fulton

Gibbs

CPA

JSS

Mitchell

LA

Howard

East

Fulton

Gibbs

I can see this being a good seeding as well. Giving memphis schools the respect they deserve probably, even though mitchell does play in the easiest district IMO down there. No respect to Knoxville teams, which is also understandable. Do others feel Austin East would have been a better representative??