Dyer County vs Hillsboro

soccerfreak92

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a DC fan so I am just curious about these predictions, does anyone actually know anything about Hillsboro? What their roster looks like? What type of game they play? What they are actually good at? They have to be a pretty good team to actually make it this far in the state tourny. I have never seen them play so I find it hard to make a prediction. I do think if Dyer County plays their type of game, that they can beat anybody in the state. I have seen too many times DC play up or down to their competion and teams cause them problems that shouldn't even be in the game with them.

Being in Middle Tenn I've seen Hillsboro quite a few times. They are big, fast, and athletic. They have a 6'7 SF/PF who has signed with TSU who is a very good player. They have another big who is about 6'6 as well as a couple 6'2 -6'4 guys. They go about 8 or 9 deep at times but struggle shooting the ball outside consistently.

They play a very up tempo game and also have really good guard play. Idk much about Dyer Co outside of Hubbs but I think this could be the best game of the 1st round.

Edited by HighLife

I will go out on a limb and pick Hillsboro. They put out a very good and well coaches Dickson county team in sub state and it seems like dyer co has brought much better teams to Murfreesboro and still been unable to win the big games playing their style of ball. They are fun to watch and fans of course love the run and gun offense but I think the area that really hurts them against "good teams" is their lack of half court defense. From a purely analytical stand point, dyer co will work hard first 5-6 seconds trying to get a steal, but if you don't panic and turn it over it is not difficult to score against them. In the half court there is good ball pressure but help side is lacking. to me, Good guard play is their Achilles heel. Dyer co fans, please don't just get up in arms, as I'm not bashing your team. Think about my opinion and see if there is any truth. Hillsboros ability to handle pressure will determine whether or not they can win. Haven't seen them play, but if guard play is as good as mentioned above, it wouldn't surprise me to see them victorious.