Summertown Football

I noticed the TSSAA has them listed with a football classification for this coming season. Usually thats omitted for schools with no team. Are they fielding a team this season? They're shown as a District 12 2A team. Here's the link:

http://tssaa.org/Cla...ication2012.cfm

I dont think they have a team this year, at least I dont think they are on Loretto's schedule and we are in the same district. 12 2A as Summertown

• 1 month later...

i remember a few years ago not long after Perry Co got their football program started,, i was helping with the jr pro and Summertown talked to some people here about getting started, glad to see they are really doing it finally, They always have some athletes there and i think donw the road they should be able to compete with the rest of the district

i remember a few years ago not long after Perry Co got their football program started,, i was helping with the jr pro and Summertown talked to some people here about getting started, glad to see they are really doing it finally, They always have some athletes there and i think donw the road they should be able to compete with the rest of the district

Summertown has always just had two sports and most kids played one or the other and practiced year round, I think with the addition to football it will divide alot of that up. They do always have good athletes but I'm anxious to see how it plays out for them, football is played on a different level than other sports. Anybody can play baseball and basketball but when the pads go on and the hitting starts is when you find out who your athletes are.

• 2 weeks later...

played at summertown last season middle school game, they will do fine over time. they got a loooooong way to go getting a field to play on. last year they just got done baleing the hay painted lines and we played the game.

I think that considering the amount of time that Stown has had to get this going they have done a good job. Now as for the game they have a long road ahead before they get competitive against WC, Cwood, MTP and Loretto.