Who are the top players in 2A?

Galilee

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They Lost their two leading Rushers, leading receiver, Two O-Lineman, and 6 of their 8 top tacklers...they better recruit well this year if they are "The Team to Beat" :roflolk:

Sky diver don't be so touchy. Did you want me to say Boyd Buchanan is the team to beat in 2A? Last year I said the only team that could keep Boyd from a state title was Friendship. This year I am telling you, Boyd can still be a good team in the area and beat alot of area teams including SP, but they will not be winning a state championship. Teams can't lose what they loss and not go down hill. Sorry bud, but Boyd lost more than Grace.

Edited by TheAmbassador

Just curious on why Grace Christian is the team to beat?

There is a good thread on here from a few weeks ago about "The Examiner's Preseason 2A Top 10 teams". They had Grace Christian as the team to beat. I saw Grace, Boyd, FCS, Marion Co all play last year, and Grace Christian would be my preseason #1 as well. The thread has a good summary of all the top teams if you haven't read it. They have a good QB and a few good RB's and OL/DL coming back, despite losing McKamy and some other good seniors.

Sky diver don't be so touchy. Did you want me to say Boyd Buchanan is the team to beat in 2A? Last year I said the only team that could keep Boyd from a state title was Friendship. This year I am telling you, Boyd can still be a good team in the area and beat alot of area teams including SP, but they will not be winning a state championship. Teams can't lose what they loss and not go down hill. Sorry bud, but Boyd lost more than Grace.

So No Chance at a State Championship...yep that is what we are hearing...well I bet the young men will still strive to get one... we are telling the kids that NOBODY will give them a chance or much respect and that they will have to show them that they are good players in their own right...if you were all knowing you would be able to tell me who your next coach will be but you cant truly predict the future (aka ricky ross), so lets play the season out before we put Boyd in the coffin!!

There is a good thread on here from a few weeks ago about "The Examiner's Preseason 2A Top 10 teams". They had Grace Christian as the team to beat. I saw Grace, Boyd, FCS, Marion Co all play last year, and Grace Christian would be my preseason #1 as well. The thread has a good summary of all the top teams if you haven't read it. They have a good QB and a few good RB's and OL/DL coming back, despite losing McKamy and some other good seniors.

Yep we lost enough to where Grace not only made up the 20 point drubbing we gave them but enough to drub us by 20 and make them overwhelming favorites, our senior class was a GREAT class but I'm just not sure it was that great ^_^

So No Chance at a State Championship...yep that is what we are hearing...well I bet the young men will still strive to get one... we are telling the kids that NOBODY will give them a chance or much respect and that they will have to show them that they are good players in their own right...if you were all knowing you would be able to tell me who your next coach will be but you cant truly predict the future (aka ricky ross), so lets play the season out before we put Boyd in the coffin!!

Touchy, touchy you are sky dog.

Where did you surface from anyway? Did you rise from the dead or what? What do you mean, we are telling the kids? Are you a football coach at the school? I been around here for awhile. Ask around and you will see that I usually give honest assessments. 2A just better be glad that Friendship went to Division II or they would be getting ready to win another one. Boyd Buchanan isn't getting the players that Grace is getting. Grace is slowly but surely becoming a major player in 2A. They are robbing all of the Knoxville schools.

Edited by TheAmbassador