Here's to the Seniors who play their last game ton

BigDogDaddy

Thanks BigDog,

As the Dad of a senior, I want to congratulate all the Senior Footballers on their hard work, dedication, and sacrifice. Thanks for all the memories, and may god bless. Give your dad/mom a big hug and know how proud they are of you.

Then go out and play the game of your lives, and have a ball. We will be there rooting for You!!!! :(

[Edited by RedReb on 10-31-02 11:29A]

[Edited by RedReb on 10-31-02 8:34P]

Guest region4fan

What a great thread! I want to thank Oakland's seniors for many hours of hard work in practice, and many hard-fought football games. You guys never quit and always played with heart. I know that your coaches and parents are so proud of the fine men that you have become. Treasure everything about your final days cause you will never get them back. We fans salute your dedication and desire!!1 GO PATRIOTS!!!

2 Jacob Burney SE-CB 5-11 174 SR

6 Chad Hill SE-CB 5-10 155 SR

9 Jacob Goolsby SE-FS 6-1 175 SR

15 Austin Henderson RB-LB 5-10 200 SR

20 David Suggs RB-LB 6-1 200 SR

21 Antoine Owens RB-LB 6-3 220 SR

22 A.J. Blackburn SE-CB 6-1 185 SR

36 Chris Hill SE-LB 5-10 155 SR

51 Will Martin C-DE 5-11 240 SR

58 Chase Slusher OT-DT 6-1 310 SR

65 J.T. Thompson OG-DE 6-0 200 SR

66 Brandon Wilson C-DT 6-0 200 SR

Congratulatins men you have had one heck of a run the last few years. Feel blessed for not many people ever get to be a part of something as special as you are. Little bit of unfunished business this year hopefully, but no matter what happens you guy are a very special group.

Congratulations and thank you from a Senior's Mom. I've had the privilege of serving as the football booster president at Oak Ridge this year, and I want to recognize our seniors and every senior across the state that has hung in there. You all deserve a great deal of credit. It's not easy to put in the hours and the pain but you have and you should all be proud of your accomplishments. Whether you started every game or rarely saw the field you've stuck with it and we football fans across the state are proud of you. Even though I have a freshman and won't be leaving the program for a few years, I'm not looking forward to senior night with my eldest - it's so sad. But I'm so proud of him. He hasn't played as much as he wanted, but like most of these kids he's worked hard and dedicated himself.

So hat's off to my senior and all of you seniors out there. You make us proud!!!

[Edited by catbooster on 10-31-02 7:14P]

I've spent the past couple days remembering back to when you guys started playing in middle school. The memories are oh so clear and the time has went by oh so fast. Parent's of middle school players enjoy not every day, but every minute of the time with your children. It is scary how fast the time flies.

Some of you I got to know pretty well.

No. 7 - Martin Penny, Really going to miss talking with your parents UT football. I know that somehow, someway, you will touch UT's field.

No. 12 - Kenny Lyons, I will never forget taking you to a Massillon football game and having to explain to your mom and dad the language you may have overheard at a game. Then there was the trouble you got me into for taking you on the Harley without a helmet. Then that week you get a concussion playing football. Wear that Zip hat proudly.

No. 62 - Joe Zoretic, I have a new toothbruth in my coat to give you tomorrow for use at the military academy. Think of me when scrubbing those toilets.

No. 64 - Winston Tipton, One of the three stooges.

No. 65 - David Wipperman, Simply a piece of work.

No. 66 - Eric Henderson, Another one of the three stooges.

No. 9 - Steven Muck, You'll never win a race, but I will always bet on you.

Thanks for everything, play hard tomorrow, and remember, no regrets.