Top 23 Games for Week 0: Webb at Maryville

Vols12345678

Hey pepvol. It sounds like it was another 3 yds and a cloud of rubber game for Murvil. Classic Big John saying.

Yes it was ... an all time Classic Big John saying ...

I was very impressed with our Defense , I think this D has a chance to be a lot better than last year , and what's amazing about that is just how Young our D is ... and the 2 Freshman starters looked GREAT ! Hard to believe these kids are that good as just Freshman , has to get you excited about our Future . I also wanted to give an Atta boy to Dylan Shinski , I thought this game was by far his best game yet on D !! Dylan was very aggressive and quick coming up and making tackles , and I bet Tk kelly was getting tired of getting Submarined every time he got close to Dylan !!

Offense , well John Garrett sure did remind me a lot of Nick Myers last night in being a heady , efficient , and one very tough Football Player ! , The Pass to Tyler Vaught was a thing of beauty and a perfect catch too . Prevo is so underrated it's unreal , he is a very unselfish player and I believe I Love watching him block almost as much as I love watching him run !I was glad to see Cody get his TouchDown , it was very obvious Webb had game planned to keep the ball away from Cody , and I bet we might see that in a few more games down the road , and I bet George will come up with some other Creative ways to get Cody the Ball !! One more thing ... WOW , We got us a Great Punter !! Who is this Kid my fellow Rebel fans ? He really has a great leg and he might be a great weapon in battles yet to come !

One more thing ... WOW , We got us a Great Punter !! Who is this Kid my fellow Rebel fans ? He really has a great leg and he might be a great weapon in battles yet to come !

His name is Luke Orren.  He is a Sophmore and has worked very hard converting from soccer to kicking a football during the past couple years.  He also kicked that nice pooch kick before the half.

Just the fact that we have much less players. It takes a toll playing the entire game and not being able to go over and sit down with your position coach and sip gatorade. That is what I am talking about. See ya at the game boys.

Shhhh....while everyone on these boards has come to expect more than a little whining from the Knox Webb posters, if you whine too loud, some of them might recognize a little of the ol' pot calling the kettle black when they check and see that the average enrollment of the region teams that Webb rolled through in undefeated seasons to win their last two D2-A championships was less than 200 students, which is a whole lot less than Webb's 453. How big was that roster at Zion Christian (total of less than 65 boys in the whole school) when ya whupped up on 'em 53-0 last year? They probably had plenty of players so that none of them had to go both ways, didn't they? How many "position coaches" do they keep on their payroll? Or how 'bout Riverside Christian, which has less kids (including girls) in the whole high school than you have players on your roster? Oh, yeah - they forfeited to you a couple of years ago when one of their players was injured the week before you were scheduled to roll into town, leaving them with less than 11 players. Anyway, some on these boards may buy your whine, but believe me, many don't.

Shhhh....while everyone on these boards has come to expect more than a little whining from the Knox Webb posters, if you whine too loud, some of them might recognize a little of the ol' pot calling the kettle black when they check and see that the average enrollment of the region teams that Webb rolled through in undefeated seasons to win their last two D2-A championships was less than 200 students, which is a whole lot less than Webb's 453. How big was that roster at Zion Christian (total of less than 65 boys in the whole school) when ya whupped up on 'em 53-0 last year? They probably had plenty of players so that none of them had to go both ways, didn't they? How many "position coaches" do they keep on their payroll? Or how 'bout Riverside Christian, which has less kids (including girls) in the whole high school than you have players on your roster? Oh, yeah - they forfeited to you a couple of years ago when one of their players was injured the week before you were scheduled to roll into town, leaving them with less than 11 players. Anyway, some on these boards may buy your whine, but believe me, many don't.

+10

Thanks Redrobin , you bring up what I was thinking when i've heard some of Webb's talk , don't you guys and BA & MBA all have very similar numbers as Webb ? When I looked at their League last year I couldn't believe the Advantage that Webb had over most Schools ! If Webb wants to talk like they have been , they need to go get in the same division as you guys and the other great Private schools .