Top 23 Games for Week 0: Webb at Maryville

Vols12345678

How many Webb linemen went both ways last year and how many will play both ways this year? How many will be seniors this year?

All our lineman went both ways last year for the most part but that is very common for Webb. This year it will be the same story. Our lineman will be going both ways and will most likely be undersized but they are athletic and quick. Our pulling guards will both be returning and are very good, tough lineman. The only linemen we lost from last year is Skip Garner who was our left tackle and defensive tackle. Probably our best overall lineman because he had great size and athletic ability. He is playing on the collegiate level next year. And then our other tackle Kyle Dickson, who was also a solid lineman. This year we will most likely have two seniors starting both ways on the line and the rest are juniors and sophomores.

Webb's line has been very quick, disciplined and athletic since middle school. Meske coaches them up and makes them better every year. Always saw your line as the team's strength and the head of the snake if you will. As goes Webb's line (consistently good) so goes Webb. What they did against Alcoa last year was impressive and they nearly whipped them at their own game. Physical. DE's and LB's returning starters, seniors?

I stayed and watched the Webb vs. Alcoa game last year at Alcoa. I stayed in the seat I had at the Maryville vs. Cleveland game. When the Webb fans/parents started arriving, I felt under dressed. The cargo shorts and MHS polo shirt didn't cut it in that crowd.

LOL!! Red Rebels..Any news on the percussion section in Murvil's band yet?

Edited by SweetScience

5 players on Webbs D would earn a spot on any area team or classification. They are exceptional and few teams will score on them this year. Campbell and Thomas, I think both will be senior D Ends. Strachan a physical RB/LB. Add Kelly and Mitchell in that mix and it should be a stiff defense with a good deal of swagger. Webb will have one of the top Defences on any level statewide. Probably their school's best ever Imo. What toll playing both ways will take idk but that defence is not a typical Knoxville team's D. They will be the best coming out of Knoxville and maybe one of the state's best.

5 players on Webbs D would earn a spot on any area team or classification. They are exceptional and few teams will score on them this year. Campbell and Thomas, I think both will be senior D Ends. Strachan a physical RB/LB. Add Kelly and Mitchell in that mix and it should be a stiff defense with a good deal of swagger. Webb will have one of the top Defences on any level statewide. Probably their school's best ever Imo. What toll playing both ways will take idk but that defence is not a typical Knoxville team's D. They will be the best coming out of Knoxville and maybe one of the state's best.

Completely agree. Potential to be Webb's best defense ever. But yes all those named are very good players. Campbell might slide inside to get the 4 best on the d line at once. They will be very fast and very physical. Defensive secondary will be very strong as well with Kelly, Melton, and Beeler all returning and have two seasons playing together in the secondary under their belts.

I think this will be a very tough, hard fought game for Maryville. Probably more so then most expect it to be. But, in the end i think like Alcoa last year Maryville will just have too much depth in the end for The Spartans. Having linemen going both ways all game when it's still pretty warm outside will eventually be detrimental to Webb. Happened to Oak Ridge last year against Maryville. Too many linemen going 2 ways and Maryville's depth shined through in the end.

Edited by SweetScience

Webb has what I call a "special" team this year with all those athletes and senior leadership. We'll only see a D like this at state. No one who knows anything about the 2013 Webb team will be surprised at the fight they will bring. Opponents or teams like this don't form overnight. It took years to build it. Meseke told me about 5 or 6 years ago at his camp that he was trying to get to where Maryville was and I'm sure he is liking his chances against us this year. Hat's off and respect to him for building what he has built with his program. Like the Seigal team, we knew going in that they were built for that one year and they were special. Webb is like that this year. Their pulling guards punish defences and that defence is in a league of its own. However, I wouldnt bet against us folks.