Trousdale Co. Cowards

CougarPride3

I think that it's a gutsy move by Satterfield.Until someone makes a stand nothing ever changes,and the current set of rules allows Goodpasture to compete in a division where no one should be able to be competitive with them.Serveral AA schools have less students than Goodpasture,but with the rules not allowing them to drop more than one division...well,everyone knows that story.Shows a lot of backbone to buck the establishment when you feel there's an injustice,and Satterfield knew that he'd catch heck for it.

• Upvote 1

I think that it's a gutsy move by Satterfield.Until someone makes a stand nothing ever changes,and the current set of rules allows Goodpasture to compete in a division where no one should be able to be competitive with them.Serveral AA schools have less students than Goodpasture,but with the rules not allowing them to drop more than one division...well,everyone knows that story.Shows a lot of backbone to buck the establishment when you feel there's an injustice,and Satterfield knew that he'd catch heck for it.

I have respect for anyone who is willing to sacrifice for their beliefs. That, sadly, is not the case here. Satterfield sacrifices nothing. The TC students sacrifice everything. That is not a gutsy move, it is a political ploy balanced on the backs of the helpless student body. Teaching kids to run from adversity, whether real or imagined, is never a good thing.

I have respect for anyone who is willing to sacrifice for their beliefs. That, sadly, is not the case here. Satterfield sacrifices nothing. The TC students sacrifice everything. That is not a gutsy move, it is a political ploy balanced on the backs of the helpless student body. Teaching kids to run from adversity, whether real or imagined, is never a good thing.

Very similar to what Goodpasture has done in my opinion. They have ran away from CPA and the other private schools that were beating them year in and year out. Goodpasture is the coward here in my opinion.

Very similar to what Goodpasture has done in my opinion. They have ran away from CPA and the other private schools that were beating them year in and year out. Goodpasture is the coward here in my opinion.

Good post. Satterfield is just sticking up for something he believes is necessary. I'd say you could make the argument that every student in private schools are running away from the real world. Private school parents and students are separating themselves from problems they face on a daily basis so why do they have the right to play against the same kids they have separated themselves from. Even better question would be why do they want to play public schools in the first place? If your kids are too good to go to class with the public school kids, then keep them off the field with them as well.

Bring your butt to TC...we'll show you a coward move or two

Hey Slim. Maybe it's time that you and Satterfield took this to the next logical level. It is a fact that those rich kids in the private schools do better on average on the ACT and SAT college entrance exams. Clearly that is due to many unfair advantages. If y'all want to really follow this through, I suggest that TC ban its students from taking either of those tests. That'll show them rich jerks who means business.

Their will be no forfeits. Football is the only sport you are required to play everyone in your district. That is why they are playing in football. The district will decide how the unplayed games are counted and how the district tournament is seeded.

BS...a forfeit will count as a loss and tournaments will be seeded according to district record

Their will be no forfeits. Football is the only sport you are required to play everyone in your district. That is why they are playing in football. The district will decide how the unplayed games are counted and how the district tournament is seeded.

Then what happens (other than in football) when TC is supposed to play Goodpasture in the district tournament? If Satterfield is true to his word, TC would forfeit and their season would be over.

Then what happens (other than in football) when TC is supposed to play Goodpasture in the district tournament? If Satterfield is true to his word, TC would forfeit and their season would be over.

No...i'm sure we will play if we meet in the tournament...

Edited by slimshady

Better check your facts,lots of public schools are higher than privates on the list of school rankings in Tennessee.I don't remember their ranking but Trousdale Co. was pretty high on that list too!That's what irk's me about the privates...they know that they have an advantage,but whine when someone calls them out on the issue.Numbers indicate that Goodpasture should be in a higher division,the "one division rule" ensures that they play smaller schools,then they whine when someone suggest's that it's unfair.Go DII and play other schools who have the same set of circumstances as you if you're interested in fairness,or at least leave off the name calling(cowards)when someone has the fortitude to take a stand on their own behalf.

Hey Slim. Maybe it's time that you and Satterfield took this to the next logical level. It is a fact that those rich kids in the private schools do better on average on the ACT and SAT college entrance exams. Clearly that is due to many unfair advantages. If y'all want to really follow this through, I suggest that TC ban its students from taking either of those tests. That'll show them rich jerks who means business.

Better check your facts,lots of public schools are higher than privates on the list of school rankings in Tennessee.I don't remember their ranking but Trousdale Co. was pretty high on that list too!That's what irk's me about the privates...they know that they have an advantage,but whine when someone calls them out on the issue.Numbers indicate that Goodpasture should be in a higher division,the "one division rule" ensures that they play smaller schools,then they whine when someone suggest's that it's unfair.Go DII and play other schools who have the same set of circumstances as you if you're interested in fairness,or at least leave off the name calling(cowards)when someone has the fortitude to take a stand on their own behalf.

I called no one a coward and am no fan of Goodpasture - just cannot understand why Satterfield thinks he needs to make his political point using high school athletes as pawns. With respect to your comments on the "ratings" of high schools - that depends on what "ratings" to which you refer. I specifically referred to ACT/SAT scores and what I stated is fact.