9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

Westmoreland played Lebanon in the spring with Bteamers and beat up on 28 and 13. Just ask um and they'll tell you. Many didn't know we had the 3 rd string in most of that scrimmage and beat that big line up pretty good too. The little dogs can run with the big dogs this year in district 9. Book it Trousdale puts a tail whip pen on the waves at the creek bank later in the year.

Easy now big fella. Just because you beat two of the worst teams in 9 AAA doesn't mean you can "run with the big dogs". Ask TC what it's like to try to run with a big dogs.

Angel had 2 catches for 15 yds and 3 carries for -1. Price was their guy last night. We chased Roundtree all night and never really caught him. He threw 1 bad pick in the end zone in the 1st half and had another in the 2nd and had a couple of huge drops by receivers (one that would have been a TD). He is one tough guy who makes a lot of plays. Last night was one of the most physical games I have seen in a long time and we were fortunate to come out on top. They had 250 yds in the 1st half and I believe around 75 in the 2nd. Our guys just kept gutting it out and made a couple of more plays than they did. Our big 3 in the backfield (Jones, Turner, and Tate) really stepped it up.

So angel had 5 touches? Unbelieveable!! You have a sophomore who has multiple SEC offers and he gets 3 rushing attempts. I'll bet Crabtree at beech gave Hurd that many carries in the first drive his sophomore yr. No wonder WC has now lost their last 4-5 games!!

So angel had 5 touches? Unbelieveable!! You have a sophomore who has multiple SEC offers and he gets 3 rushing attempts. I'll bet Crabtree at beech gave Hurd that many carries in the first drive his sophomore yr. No wonder WC has now lost their last 4-5 games!!

I believe they attempted 2 more passes in his direction. To be honest I don't think he played more than 40-50 percent of the snaps. If I am not mistaken he had an MCL injury in the spring, not sure if fully recovered. The question on Angel is where do you play him (RB, WR, TE)? They don't use a TE in their offense very much so that is out. He appeared to have good speed for a TE/H back but not nearly as fast as 3 or 4 of their other guys playing receiver. The 3 times he carried the ball were toss plays where he came in motion in the winged T. He did not play any defensive snaps.

Easy now big fella. Just because you beat two of the worst teams in 9 AAA doesn't mean you can "run with the big dogs". Ask TC what it's like to try to run with a big dogs.

Make that 3 little fella. We also scrimmaged Wilson central and really lit their world up. So we know we wouldn't be last in your district cause we beat Portland last night, and after scrimmaging Lebanon and Wilson central I feel pretty confident we could keep the game extremely close if not win out right.

Westmoreland scrimmaged WC without Roundtree. Not going to have much of an offense without him. Im not going to get into that scrimmage. The season has begun... When Gabe is full strength he will be a threat with more touches and there will be hopefully less passes dropped. No one knew if he would play or not. Alex price is able to get open more easily with angel on the field. Two dangerous players..

I respect teams that play good hard clean football. I understand how injuries to your guns can hurt the team. Hville's best 2 RB last night (Jones and Turner) both missed last year's game with injuries. Coach Hatfield after the game last night said first of all we beat a very good team and secondly we have a lot to improve on. I'm sure Dedman echoed the must improve theme to his team. Good luck to WC the rest of the year.

It was an impressive win over Portland. I'm interested to see how Portland does the rest of the season. You guys should do well in 3A, and its ashamed you're not 2A.

I know some of the Portland followers had high hopes coming into the season after going to the playlets last year as well as supposedly having a good summer practice and scrimmages. Only thing I can see as a definite problem is that single wing offense. The defense played tough.