9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

I'm gonna look at last night's game (MJ vs Lebanon) a little different.  I don't think that Lebanon will finish a lot better this year than last.  They may win a couple but I don't think that is a major improvement.  No doubt Coach Harp is a great coach, BUT I do think that it will take more time to make the Blue Devils believe they can win.  They are more disciplined and better coached.  But the talent level isn't great.  I think MJ will give a better showing as the season goes along.  They had no background on what to expect from Lebanon.  They also had a relatively new coach, but similar system to what they have had in the past.  Also, I don't think the Bears ever believed that Lebanon could beat them.  Just playing devils advocate.  I may be completely wrong.  

I agree. I am sure MJ came out over confident; not matter what coaches told them all week about Lebanon having a new coach and being better. These are 16-18 year old kids. The Bears turned up the intensity the second half and looked much better and dominated 20-0. They still have a lot of work to do; and they will get better as season moves forward.

After today's game, I think this is the best SC team I have seen. The qb is much improved and Malone finally lived up to the hype. Hats off to them. Also saw better line play from them than I have ever seen from SC. I can see them finishing in the top 2 or 3 in the district. The SC/MJ game in two weeks will be a dandy. Beech is a work in progress. Without a doubt, the best running back TRIO in the state. Sill a lot of ?'s on D. I was pleasantly surprised by the play of a very young (only 1 Sr) and inexperienced O line.

I believe that SC has more OVERALL talent than Beech.  SC should win a lot of games based on talent alone.  However, they will probably be short lived in the playoffs.  They are a 6A school.  The playoffs are different at the highest classification.  I think this is their best team by far.  If they stay healthy, they shouldn't lose again in the regular season.  They could use some help from the sidelines though.  

After watching a couple of games this weekend, I believe Beech and Station Camp are certainly 1/2 in the district. I was very impressed with Hendersonville as well. Mount Juliet will be Mount Juliet and Wilson Central will improve as the year goes on. There are some really good teams in 9AAA this year.

Week 1 I have :

Lebanon over Franklin County

Hendersonville over Hunters Lane

Whitehouse over Portland

Gallatin over Springfield

Wilson Central over LaVergne

Mt Juliet over Antioch

Station camp is off

Beech over Henry County

Ditto except I will take Franklin County over Lebanon.  Still not sold, but I did think they were much improved.

The Beech Henry County game is a tough pick.. HC is always loaded with offensive players..Beech will score plenty to win but can the defense hold HC from scoring more than Beech??? I could be wrong but i bet HC has more horses than Station Camp. Pulling for Beech!

Edited by wave13