9-AAA Prediction time

SCBisondad

Thanks, great job by Coach Bain and staff on the freshman team. Still have to develop them on the field and in the weight room. These things are cyclical, last couple of years have been really good but we know things can change due to players not playing, injuries, and private schools recruiting them away (I know everyone is shocked by that statement but it's happening). Looking forward to welcoming everyone from Ptown Friday night and really looking forward to going to Portland for a noon kickoff on Monday for the JV game followed by the freshman game at 2. Make sure the cheeseburgers are ready when we arrive on Monday. Always great atmosphere at Edgar Johnson Stadium.

JP2 has been working the stands at the Hunter games, I'm sure they are doing the same thing at Hawkins and Ellis games.

Well, I hope they tell us parents soon about the noon kickoff, thats the first Ive heard of it, lol

Yall come on up, and if ya dont get filled up at the stadium, drive on north a couple of miles to the 109 family restaurant for a meat and 3 with real food lol.

I ate there this past Sunday.

Hendersonville is ripe for the taking this week. This will be a nail biter. With Portland taking it.

LOL I like the way ya think, I will say, that this past week at the practices Ive been able to watch, through all the things these guys have been through, the enthusiasm and energy has been the best all year this week. We may still surprise some folks this year, IF we can play dang near perfect football. I know Beech's fans sure were quite till late in the 4th quarter, lol. It really was a better game than the final score showed. We have so many playing both ways, it would be hard on any team. Good luck to everyone this week, whoop whoop.

What happened in portland/beech game?

Which part?.......Portland 3 Beech 0 on field goal in 1st.....Beech TD Portland 3 Beech 7....Portland TD, Portland 10 Beech 7, Beech TD, Portland 10 Beech 14, Beech field goal, Portland 10 Beech 17, Half time..............Beech TD in 4th? Portland 10 Beech 24, Beech TD Portland 10 Beech 31, ball game...........I think I got the sequence right. Best all around ball game Portland has played all year. Still made a mistake or two with turnover, penalties etc, but for such a young team, the best effort this year since the real season started. Actually a real good game to watch till late in the 4th and our kids just ran out of gas. Beech had a couple of long td runs by Carter that should not have happened, in the replay I counted 24 missed tackles on Carter alone, when they had him stopped in the backfield. Great back in Carter and in #27, and arm tackling dont work, lol. Break down or two with the linebackers and secondary on a couple of pass plays that cost us another touchdown. But still a great game to watch, even on a wet, miserable night. No rain and it would have been a perfect night to watch a game. I will also add the Beech fans were great sports and the Beech fan that brought his own train horn, that was a funny touch, but not as loud as ours lol lol lol...

Hville hosts Portland. Need to mention nice double win for the Commandos tonight over Beech as the JV wins 41-28 and the freshman win 49-28.

Congrats to both of the Hville middle schools on very good seasons. Ellis finished at 5-3 and Hawkins won the county championship with an 8-0 record out scoring the opposition 290-94. Good job to Coach Gideon and Coach Inman at Hawkins and to Coaches Watson and Hendrix at Ellis.

Sounds like yal played a great 1st half. Them Beech running backs play at another level. Got to force them to throw to beat them. Curious to see what happens the rest of the way. Central could win every game or lose every game. Just depends if special teams, offense, and defense can click all at the same time.

Nice win for Hville over Portland 48-7. Jr FB Cameron Turner had 7 carries for 140 yds and 3TDs and caught a TD pass from Jeremias Elston. Elston went 6 for 8 for 169 yds and 2TDs. Nice effort overall, get back to work on Monday for a very good Mt. Juliet team who has had our number in recent years.

Nice win for Hville over Portland 48-7. Jr FB Cameron Turner had 7 carries for 140 yds and 3TDs and caught a TD pass from Jeremias Elston. Elston went 6 for 8 for 169 yds and 2TDs. Nice effort overall, get back to work on Monday for a very good Mt. Juliet team who has had our number in recent years.

Well I hate to be right, but, last year when I said Hendersoville would be one of the power houses in our district, it has been fulfilled. Big, strong, athletic, drive, determination, aggressive, need I say more. It got ugly, and got ugly fast. Cant blame the refs, except for one call or non call. LOL Hville and one of ours got blocked in the back, so bad a scuffle broke out, and one of the Hville players, tackled his own player to break it up. TD should have come back, but the ref said he saw nothing lol. But. like I said, that one play didnt beat us. It did not matter what play was called or if we were on offense or defense,  their line was coming through. .On offense, defense, and even special teams,(punts) their line dominated. Without question, Hville has been the best team we have faced so far. Good luck rest of the season.....now with as many relatives I have that live there, I will be eating lots of crow for Thanksgiving lol. 

Looking forward to the JV game Monday against from what I hear, another outstanding JV/Freshmen  team. Praying for a safe game for both teams. Yall be safe on the ride up. 

Well stated Southernfried. How is the young man that was injured on the 2nd play of the game? Hopefully he is okay. Your guys played hard but I think the 2 big pass plays early kind of deflated everything. Both #2 and #3 who are both juniors had exceptional games and our line continues to play well. Looking forward to our trip on Monday to see our younger guys play. Freshman have been really good, JV up and down. I noticed that you dressed around 45-48 kids, kind of surprised by that. With the split of middle schools a couple of years ago I would have thought you would have more. Anyway, good luck to your guys Monday and the rest of the season.