7AAA predictions and expectations

BKisler

I see your point but you gotta start believing now!! I want us to compete with middle tennessee and yea you are good in a tough district just like 5aaa.....I talk alot of smack to get fired up but I believe in my team just like you do.......see ya on the 30th.......

7AAA teams are something like 5-1 against 5AAA teams the past few years. You are comparing the ACC aka a-sissy Conference to the SEC. I know Siegel and Riverdale have stomped the owls recently... 7AAA #2 Riverdale crushed 5AAA #1 McMinn 31-6 in the playoffs at McMinn last season. So I am predicting Siegel won't be shaking in their nikes when they come to hooterville in a few weeks.

Don't get me wrong, I like Ooltewah and Benny Monroe was my little brother's HS coach... but you really have not a clue if you think the competition level in 7AAA and 5AAA are the same.

Edited by StarRaider

Dang! You got Stats! :popcorneater:

Stats tend to trump the revisionist historians tales most of the time.

BLACK KNIGHT: Come 'ere!

ARTHUR: What are you going to do, bleed on me?

BLACK KNIGHT: I'm invincible!

ARTHUR: You're a loony.

BLACK KNIGHT: The Black Knight always triumphs!

Have at you! Come on then.

[whop]

[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT's other leg off]

BLACK KNIGHT: All right; we'll call it a draw.

ARTHUR: Come, Patsy.

BLACK KNIGHT: Oh, oh, I see, running away then. You yellow

coward! Come back here and take what's coming to you.

I'll bite your legs off!

Edited by StarRaider

Stats tend to trump the revisionist historians tales most of the time.

BLACK KNIGHT: Come 'ere!

ARTHUR: What are you going to do, bleed on me?

BLACK KNIGHT: I'm invincible!

ARTHUR: You're a loony.

BLACK KNIGHT: The Black Knight always triumphs!

Have at you! Come on then.

[whop]

[ARTHUR chops the BLACK KNIGHT's other leg off]

BLACK KNIGHT: All right; we'll call it a draw.

ARTHUR: Come, Patsy.

BLACK KNIGHT: Oh, oh, I see, running away then. You yellow

coward! Come back here and take what's coming to you.

I'll bite your legs off!

Oh, ok. Well, enjoy that leg then! :popcorneater:

I saw Oakland this morning and will be driving out to PJP2 to catch Lavergne 2nite. I will give y'all a update since it looks like ill be the only one outside of some of the kids families that will make the journey to Hendersonville tonight. That's OK, I'm excited to see LaVergne. I have a feeling they could surprise some folks this year. A lot of speed on the outside and coach looks like he's adjusting the offense to accommodate that speed. Nice Qb but the Line is very young and the RB is very young. However if they can stay healthy and make some strides on the defense, I think they will score some points and maybe finish a bit higher then most of y'all think.

As for Oakland this morning. That team is going to be good! Did not see much of E. Smith under center however the QB that got most of the snaps with the one look serviceable for what Oakland want to do. The line looked a bit shaky at times. I only say that because it looked to me that they took some plays off. I'm sure that will clean up as the season nears. Now when they did come off the ball there were some big holes for the RB, no question! The Tailbacks and WR look solid. Tyler Black made some big time plays today with the ones and the twos. He looks to be a special player.

The defense looked really good! If fact the Ones, WOW! Did the fly to the football. They bottled up J Hurd for a good chunk of the game. I think he only had 1 big play today against the Oakland D. I think J Hurd was more impressive on D today. Boy, did he have some big hits that were 20 to 30 yards down field. Haha

To sum it up Oakland had a good first scrimmage. I think they have some work to put in and I'm sure Coach Mac will have them ready for the season. Big expectation for the Pats this year. It will be fun to see how they deal with them.

I saw Oakland this morning and will be driving out to PJP2 to catch Lavergne 2nite. I will give y'all a update since it looks like ill be the only one outside of some of the kids families that will make the journey to Hendersonville tonight. That's OK, I'm excited to see LaVergne. I have a feeling they could surprise some folks this year. A lot of speed on the outside and coach looks like he's adjusting the offense to accommodate that speed. Nice Qb but the Line is very young and the RB is very young. However if they can stay healthy and make some strides on the defense, I think they will score some points and maybe finish a bit higher then most of y'all think.

As for Oakland this morning. That team is going to be good! Did not see much of E. Smith under center however the QB that got most of the snaps with the one look serviceable for what Oakland want to do. The line looked a bit shaky at times. I only say that because it looked to me that they took some plays off. I'm sure that will clean up as the season nears. Now when they did come off the ball there were some big holes for the RB, no question! The Tailbacks and WR look solid. Tyler Black made some big time plays today with the ones and the twos. He looks to be a special player.

The defense looked really good! If fact the Ones, WOW! Did the fly to the football. They bottled up J Hurd for a good chunk of the game. I think he only had 1 big play today against the Oakland D. I think J Hurd was more impressive on D today. Boy, did he have some big hits that were 20 to 30 yards down field. Haha

To sum it up Oakland had a good first scrimmage. I think they have some work to put in and I'm sure Coach Mac will have them ready for the season. Big expectation for the Pats this year. It will be fun to see how they deal with them.

Ive tried and triend to find out LaVergne info, but Coach Stevens isnt exactly media friendly. But I do believe LaVergne could suprise as well. Look forward to hearing you report of the game

Edited by 7AAANetwork

7AAA teams are something like 5-1 against 5AAA teams the past few years. You are comparing the ACC aka a-sissy Conference to the SEC.

I think you might want to wait until you guys beat someone from 7-AAA before talking some smack.

It's never too Early for you guys to throw out the " SEC " Comparisons to 7AAA I guess ... lol ...Speaking of beating someone before talking Smack ... shouldn't a team from 7AAA actually win a 6A State Championship before we Declare 7AAA the 8th Greatest Wonder Of The World ???? :mrgreen:

Btw , Siegel had a Great team last year , one of the best high School games I've ever been to... but Siegel was head and Shoulders above the rest of 7AAA .

Edited by pepvol

It's never too Early for you guys to throw out the " SEC " Comparisons to 7AAA I guess ... lol ...Speaking of beating someone before talking Smack ... shouldn't a team from 7AAA actually win a 6A State Championship before we Declare 7AAA the 8th Greatest Wonder Of The World ???? :mrgreen:

Btw , Siegel had a Great team last year , one of the best high School games I've ever been too ... but Siegel was head and Shoulders above the rest of 7AAA .

I heartily Agree! As I remember they have most of their studs on defense coming back. I do wonder how the offense will be effected by the loss of Coach Matthews?

Btw , Siegel had a Great team last year , one of the best high School games I've ever been to... but Siegel was head and Shoulders above the rest of 7AAA .

Calm your horses slick. He was just making a comparsion to illustrate how dominant we have been against 5-AAA. No harm meant. Nobody said anything about 7-AAA being hands down better than everybody else