7AAA predictions and expectations

BKisler

I heard Stewie just gave out practice jersey numbers the other day, so their game jersey numbers are still to be decided(?)... it looked like Smyrna's "roster" was a list of names with no other info at all. That's a notch above LHS which has no info at all on this year's team on the web - not even names.

I heard Stewie just gave out practice jersey numbers the other day, so their game jersey numbers are still to be decided(?)... it looked like Smyrna's "roster" was a list of names with no other info at all. That's a notch above LHS which has no info at all on this year's team on the web - not even names.

when will there practice facilities be ready?

So Lavergne and Riverdale are bringing up the rear.

Kreager tweeted the Jamboree schedule yesterday:

At Siegel, August 16

Oakland vs Blackman at 6:00

Riverdale vs Smyrna at 7:00

Siegel vs Lavergne at 8:00

The jamboree is stupid and means nothing. We had a kid blow a knee toward the end of our meaningless game last year. Football is a violent sport and should not be used as a fund raiser. Unless of course it's regular season, playoffs of one of 10 State Championships games. :popcorneater:

The jamboree is stupid and means nothing. We had a kid blow a knee toward the end of our meaningless game last year. Football is a violent sport and should not be used as a fund raiser. Unless of course it's regular season, playoffs of one of 10 State Championships games. :popcorneater:

What is the difference between a jamboree and a scrimmage? Or even practice? Football players can get hurt every time they put on the cleats. They can even get hurt in a weight room or during conditioning drills. I am a baseball guy, not a football one, other than being a fan, but I have a hunch the coaches (and the kids) had rather spend some time hitting someone they don't know than hitting someone they do B)

Don't the coaches have more control during a scrimmage... things like working on special teams more if both sides agree to it, playing the JV's for a certain number of plays at the end, etc. ??

I guess it makes sense for Stewie not to do the Siegel jamboree right after scrimmaging a decent Metro team that made the playoffs last year. They have enough to worry about going on the road to Ravenwood and Tullahoma to start the experimental first season.