7AAA predictions and expectations

BKisler

Siegel's class of 2014 seniors went 9-0 as freshman but that was probably just luck and some good coaching by

https://fbcdn-profil...5_3141166_n.jpg

my cell phone rings in 5 4 3 2 there it goes!

That team had the Knox brothers that ran over, through, and around everyone. How do you think they will figure in to the running attack this year seeing how Mr. Hardin will be the primary ball carrier?

Oakland, Siegel, and Blackman all have a pretty impressive backfield. Scoring points sure wont be a problem

After looking at your "5 questions segment" on your website, I wonder a couple of things.

#1 - how do you see LaVergne as "improving" when they lost 2 DB's to college ball, a LB/DE to a SEC track and field schollie, top RB gone... other than CJ and JJ returning - what's to be so excited about? I must be missing something.

#2 - do you not think people on the west side of 24 understand that it's a process and that Martin & company will do the best they can with whatever players they get for the first couple of years? I really don't think they will be demanding a playoff run in the first couple of years. The marching band over there might be a different story. They should challenge Siegel, Brentwood, Columbia Central and other traditional powers at the band competitions within a few short years. And they won't have to worry about BA, MBA, or Ensworth trying to poach the musical talent in that area!! LOL!

After looking at your "5 questions segment" on your website, I wonder a couple of things.

#1 - how do you see LaVergne as "improving" when they lost 2 DB's to college ball, a LB/DE to a SEC track and field schollie, top RB gone... other than CJ and JJ returning - what's to be so excited about? I must be missing something.

#2 - do you not think people on the west side of 24 understand that it's a process and that Martin & company will do the best they can with whatever players they get for the first couple of years? I really don't think they will be demanding a playoff run in the first couple of years. The marching band over there might be a different story. They should challenge Siegel, Brentwood, Columbia Central and other traditional powers at the band competitions within a few short years. And they won't have to worry about BA, MBA, or Ensworth trying to poach the musical talent in that area!! LOL!

First off, I try to be positive when writing pre-season material. I did pick LaVergne to finish 6th in this district, which technically would be an improvement.

#1- Obviously you know about C.J. Fore and J.J. Horner. They also have a incoming freshmen tailback, Malek Gray that will give LaVergne's ground game some teeth. He has the size and ability to be a gamechanger at tailback. LaVergne also has a schedule that sets up pretty well for them if they can beat Smyrna in Week 0.

#2- I dont think its crazy to expect LaVergne to win more than 3 games, something they havent done since 2007. If Stanton Stevens cant do that, then they need to bring in a young coach who can build up some excitement.

Do I think LaVergne will make the playoffs? No, but with Smyrna and Riverdale vulnerable, its certainly there for the taking.

As for Stewarts Creek, I dont question Martin's skill as a coach, merely how committed he will truly be in a district that can be downright brutal. At Goodpasture, he could get his pick of the litter. At Stewarts Creek, he is going to be a playing rough schedule each every week

Edited by 7AAANetwork
  • Upvote 1

That team had the Knox brothers that ran over, through, and around everyone. How do you think they will figure in to the running attack this year seeing how Mr. Hardin will be the primary ball carrier?

It was Denzel Harding and crew that had the undefeated freshman season in Fall 2010. I know the Knox freshman team was pretty good too but not sure they were undefeated.

I know everyone likes to rave about Stock but Denzel was the MVP on last years team IMHO. The game he missed most of (1st 3 quarters) against Indy they struggeled and were behind. When he came in to the game, 3 straight TDs and another win. Not saying they won't miss Stock and those huge defensive bookends and the other seniors but they may win a game or two without them this year.

______

"10/29/10 - Siegel's Freshman Football Team posted a 49-0 victory over Coffee County last night to claim the 2010 Lion's Bowl Championship. The young Stars finished an unbelievable season with a prefect 9-0 record. RB Denzel Harding led the Stars with 2 TDs and 220 yards rushing pushing his season total to 1,740 yards. Marquion Roper added 2 TDs along with touchdowns from Dakota Crane and Dominique Gooch. "

Edited by StarRaider

Also, I dont confess to know everything about this district. I welcome debate with other fans who love this district as much as I do. I wouldnt do what I do if I was the only fan out there that was fanatical about 7-AAA football

Just paid a visit to your website...great work :thumb: I really enjoyed reading your thoughts on all of the 7-AAA teams. I look forward to seeing what you write in the future