7AAA predictions and expectations

BKisler

It was Denzel Harding and crew that had the undefeated freshman season in Fall 2010. I know the Knox freshman team was pretty good too but not sure they were undefeated.

I know everyone likes to rave about Stock but Denzel was the MVP on last years team IMHO. The game he missed most of (1st 3 quarters) against Indy they struggeled and were behind. When he came in to the game, 3 straight TDs and another win. Not saying they won't miss Stock and those huge defensive bookends and the other seniors but they may win a game or two without them this year.

______

"10/29/10 - Siegel's Freshman Football Team posted a 49-0 victory over Coffee County last night to claim the 2010 Lion's Bowl Championship. The young Stars finished an unbelievable season with a prefect 9-0 record. RB Denzel Harding led the Stars with 2 TDs and 220 yards rushing pushing his season total to 1,740 yards. Marquion Roper added 2 TDs along with touchdowns from Dakota Crane and Dominique Gooch. "

I agree comepletely. Harding is my pick to be 7AAA MVP. Without him last year, Siegel's offense wouldnt have been nearly as potent

Harding is a great back and will probably be the featured player on offense this year. I would look for Siegel to give Oakland a run for their money. They have some great players just like Oakland does, although the Pats may be deeper. They key for Oakland, especially if they want to make a run in the playoffs, is becoming more diverse offensively. It's really a once-in-a-lifetime thing to be able to just line up and bulldoze everyone you play. Oakland seems to have everything else in place throughout the program. The C+ offense has been the only thing holding them back.

Shadowens has become a really good head coach and Blackman will be a problem for anyone they face. The job that was done at Blackman last year was amazing...I really didn't think they could win more than 2-3 games and they had a good year. They just kept getting better despite some very obvious shortcomings in talent. That's great coaching.

Someone besides these three will also likely make the playoffs...probably Riverdale but that's far from guaranteed.

Is there going to be a jamboree this year?

Any know what the Riverdale scrimmage schedule is looking like?

TDCMan - Jamboree is August 16th at Siegel. Not sure if there will 3 games or 4 though now with the new school. Guessing an 8th team will be invited. If they do it like last year it will be (week 10 match ups):

Blackman - ???

La Vergne - Siegel

Oakland - Stewarts Creek

Smyrna - Riverdale

Appreciate, your kind words sir. Ill also comment on 6A as a whole from time to time. More than welcome to follow me on twitter as well, @7AAAFBNetwork

Anytime, I'm a big fan of 7-AAA football as well so it is great to find such an informative source. What are your thoughts on 6A as a whole this year? Obviously, Oakland is going to be one of the front-runners for a state title.

TDCMan - Jamboree is August 16th at Siegel. Not sure if there will 3 games or 4 though now with the new school. Guessing an 8th team will be invited. If they do it like last year it will be (week 10 match ups):

Blackman - ???

La Vergne - Siegel

Oakland - Stewarts Creek

Smyrna - Riverdale

Wouldn't it be more fair if SCHS played whoever is the 8th team... maybe Eagleville or Cannon County or MTCS would like to participate? No previous freshman or jv ball... not even a spring practice and about to play a full fledged 7aaa schedule + playing Gallatin, etc. Making them play Oakland at the jamboree doesn't sound very fair.

Wouldn't it be more fair if SCHS played whoever is the 8th team... maybe Eagleville or Cannon County or MTCS would like to participate? No previous freshman or jv ball... not even a spring practice and about to play a full fledged 7aaa schedule + playing Gallatin, etc. Making them play Oakland at the jamboree doesn't sound very fair.

I think it is actually a good idea. The jamboree doesn't count for anything. Maybe a great way to get some confidence and get some questions answered. Most teams are playing a basic set. A great way to work some things out.

I agree that teams like Oakland will keep it pretty vanilla because they don't want the other teams to know any new wrinkles up their sleeve...but disagree with the "building confidence" part. I think that would be more realistic vs. a Cannon County or even Lebanon.

i understand your point of view. Just think regardless it would benefit them to get some practical experience against district competition before it counts. And seeing how nobody in the district is going to scrimage them this is the only way to get that experience no matter how small the amount.

Harding is a great back and will probably be the featured player on offense this year. I would look for Siegel to give Oakland a run for their money. They have some great players just like Oakland does, although the Pats may be deeper. They key for Oakland, especially if they want to make a run in the playoffs, is becoming more diverse offensively. It's really a once-in-a-lifetime thing to be able to just line up and bulldoze everyone you play. Oakland seems to have everything else in place throughout the program. The C+ offense has been the only thing holding them back.

Shadowens has become a really good head coach and Blackman will be a problem for anyone they face. The job that was done at Blackman last year was amazing...I really didn't think they could win more than 2-3 games and they had a good year. They just kept getting better despite some very obvious shortcomings in talent. That's great coaching.

Someone besides these three will also likely make the playoffs...probably Riverdale but that's far from guaranteed.

Is there going to be a jamboree this year?

Any know what the Riverdale scrimmage schedule is looking like?

Oakland is never going to be a team that throws it a whole lot, its just not who they are. Oakland has 3 college linemen and several tb's and fb's that will play college ball. Running the ball is going to be the main course. Got some good wr's In Emmanuel Smith, Kyle Oliver, Josh Smith, and a few others, but I would be suprised if there is a game this season that Oakland throws it more than 15-17 times in a game. When Oakland is rolling, the pass attempts are around 8-10 a game.

Anytime, I'm a big fan of 7-AAA football as well so it is great to find such an informative source. What are your thoughts on 6A as a whole this year? Obviously, Oakland is going to be one of the front-runners for a state title.

I think it's Whitehaven or Maryville's to lose until someone can prove otherwise. They are both going to be a load to bring down for whoever makes the semifinals.