CPA vs Kingbury (H) Who ya got? (Including updates)

NotNoahHouck

FINAL Kingsbury 3 CPA 2. So glad a PUBLIC school won!! It's funny how the "C" in CPA and CAK stands for christian and yet they act like freakin' idiots. GO PUBLIC SCHOOLS

Remember this post from last years final.

Congratualtions to CAK and Kingsbury teams. It was a good game to watch. Kingsbury came within inches of scoring the equalizing goal with less than a minute left. CAK was the better team. Their depth helped them a lot. Kingsbury looked fatigued in the 2nd half. Kingsbury's starters were very good, but the bench did not provide much. That being said, CAK played a one man down and still possessed the ball in the second half.

I wish I could give kudos to all the fans, however there were many CAK fans who were exhibiting poor behavior. I never heard a referee yelled at as much as this one. I thought he officiated a good game. CAK played an aggressive style against Kingsbury. And on one occasion when a Kingsbury player went down after a huge collision, many of the fans berated him. I know Kingsbury feigned injury at times, but it was clear this kid got hit hard.

I didn't have a dog in the hunt, but I was embarrassed because of what the C in CAK stands for.

But again, kudos to the CAK soccer team. Clearly the best team won.

Hopefully Friday's game will be just as exciting as last year's game but without the poor behavior from the fans.

actually they made it to the region semis thank you very much. And they're a PUBLIC school with a lot more character than these stuck- up rich kids who should be playing other private schools in a separate division

Very interesting that YOU are such a good judge of character. I know many families at TCA who struggle financially to send their kids to school there and are a far cry from being rich. I suspect CAK and CPA have similar families. I'm a public school graduate but my kids go to a private school so I think I have a little more knowledge on the subject. You are a disgrace to this board. Coach T was designed for healthy discussion and not bashing. You need to go away and sulk to yourself. Maybe your little team will get past the region semis next year. If so, you can then get back on the Board and have some healthy discussion. This is no place for immature little children.

actually they made it to the region semis thank you very much. And they're a PUBLIC school with a lot more character than these stuck- up rich kids who should be playing other private schools in a separate division

I'll happily compete against any public or private school in AA. Granted, it stinks that private schools can recruit and public schools are stuck with whoever is in their district. However, just because a school is public or private says nothing about the character of the coaches, parents, or players.

FINAL Kingsbury 3 CPA 2. So glad a PUBLIC school won!! It's funny how the "C" in CPA and CAK stands for christian and yet they act like freakin' idiots. GO PUBLIC SCHOOLS

Actually the "C" in CPA stands for Christ. Same concept, christian school, but just thought id be technical :P

I worked the CPA vs. Kingsbury game tonight. It was an great game. I thought the game on the field was called well, although I know many will argue the PK call. I am not sure why the CPA coach was red carded, but the play on the field, as I stated earlier, was a delight to watch.

One really needs to give Kingsbury kudos. They virtually have no fans at any of their games. I spotted maybe three tonight. They just find a way to win. One guy from Memphis said he did not think they were better than last's year team, but I think they are better. Plus, their bench players who do come in are solid.

Should be a good game on Friday, although I heard (stress heard) that the red carded player for CAK was one of their best players.

Edited by PJM

So, out of 1000+ students at CAK (not sure how many are at CPA) you are going to allow the actions of a few stereotype the character of the 950 other kids (not including their families)?

Christians never claimed to be better than anyone. On the contrary, we realize that we are 'broken" and in need of a savior. The fact that we behave poorly at times just shows that we are just like anyone else, with the same passions, fears and motivations, but because we have the stamp of "Christian" on our chest, means we are judged to a different standard (whether fairly or unfairly). I have learned in my old age, to be rather generous with a measure of grace and mercy. These are kids competing on a high level of soccer. They are not always going to make wise decisions (I remember what I was like at 17 and thank GOD for the lack of social media then!) but I do trust in our school and coaching staff to make wise decisions on how to use those moments to help these boys mature into the young men that they are going to become.

And back to the topic, while I am sorry that my friend Coach Armstrong lost, I do look forward to a rematch of a close final from last year.

Good luck to Kingsbury, and CPA hold your heads up high.