Single A Teams

I'm not putting any stock into it. I talked to someone at the game that said Lake played stall ball. Not putting any stock in the SF comparison either. Every game I've seen us play we've handled quite easily. I'm ready to see some competitive games is all. I know you guys are the better team, just ready to see how this bunch handles a tough game.

If GC tries to play anything other than a slow down game or pack it in the paint game they will be in real trouble against UC. That is the only way you can hope to stay in the game. They can't match up with UC man on man. LC played stall ball and UC didn't shoot it as good as they had done all season so they stayed close. If UC was hitting the outside shot like they had in earlier games they would have had to make adjustments. The pack it in zone doesn't work anymore these girls have seen that for three years now. With that being said GC has a great coach and I'm sure he can come up with some strategies that will make the GC UC match up one to watch.

Edited by UCbball

Gibson will beat UC atleast once this year. One thing I've continued to notice UC posters post and consistent from years past that I've saw... "We struggled shooting from the outside"... Yea I'm sure you guys are capable of shooting threes, but teams have a lot better chance of beating you if they force you to shoot threes. If a team stays true to a game plan and forces UC to shoot from the outside the whole game, you guys are capable of being beat. And I doubt Gibson plays stall ball for the whole game to beat UC. We will play the way we play win or lose.

It's good to know UC has at least one loss coming this year. Wasn't trying to say GC had no chance but they will have to play a good game to beat UC. I know GC will play there own strategy against UC but if it's what I remember they like to get up and down the floor if that remains true the they will be a plus for UC. That's all I'm saying. Do you think it would be smart for anyone to play a defense other than packing it in the paint.

It's good to know UC has at least one loss coming this year. Wasn't trying to say GC had no chance but they will have to play a good game to beat UC. I know GC will play there own strategy against UC but if it's what I remember they like to get up and down the floor if that remains true the they will be a plus for UC. That's all I'm saying. Do you think it would be smart for anyone to play a defense other than packing it in the paint.

Anyone that beats Union City will have to play a good game. And yes, Gibson likes to run... It has been a benefit to us for years. My guess is we will press you guys too which is no big secret of how we play. And don't take me wrong in what I am saying, you guys are definitely the best that the west has to offer this year, I just look for some competitive games between the two of us.

So you think they will be the other team to make it to state but don't have a chance against union city? Anybody that has potential to make it to state get hot and beat anyone. Not trying to start argument at all just pointing out the fact that you said slowing it down and packing it in wouldn't work cause y'all shoot the 3 better and pressing and running wouldn't work cause y'all run better.

So you think they will be the other team to make it to state but don't have a chance against union city? Anybody that has potential to make it to state get hot and beat anyone. Not trying to start argument at all just pointing out the fact that you said slowing it down and packing it in wouldn't work cause y'all shoot the 3 better and pressing and running wouldn't work cause y'all run better.

The point im trying to make is UC is a much better team then they were last year and have made the necessary improvements to be better in the areas that plagued them last year. They are playing lights out defense and the ability to hold teams to low scores will make it difficult for anyone who plays them. It seems like some peoplel just want to look for arguments rather than talking about the game. If you are trying to get some buliten board material for GC then you are barking up the wrong tree. The fact still remains that UC  is a really good team that has size, speed, defends, rebounds, very athletic and has improved shooting from the outside.

Jackson County has the blue print for how to beat Union City. However not everyone in Class A has SEC talent in which to impliment this kind of game plan. If UC cannot get easy points off of their press and they get behind by double digits they don't have the outside shooting to be able to catch up and that is the reason they haven't been able to beat Jackson County. Jaycee Coe almost outscored the entire UC team last year and she is even better this year fella's. Jackson County is not a good match up for Union City and from all i've heard Clarkrange has stepped up their game so it will be a tough road for UC to win the title this year having to beat both of those teams. The Gold comes back to 7A yet again...

The point im trying to make is UC is a much better team then they were last year and have made the necessary improvements to be better in the areas that plagued them last year. They are playing lights out defense and the ability to hold teams to low scores will make it difficult for anyone who plays them. It seems like some peoplel just want to look for arguments rather than talking about the game. If you are trying to get some buliten board material for GC then you are barking up the wrong tree. The fact still remains that UC is a really good team that has size, speed, defends, rebounds, very athletic and has improved shooting from the outside.

I completely agree that union city is the most talented team in the west this year. All I'm saying is other teams especially gibson county are not going to just lay down. I really look forward to some really good games between the two as I feel our coach will have the girls ready. The competition will only help both teams get ready for the postseason.

Jackson County has the blue print for how to beat Union City. However not everyone in Class A has SEC talent in which to impliment this kind of game plan. If UC cannot get easy points off of their press and they get behind by double digits they don't have the outside shooting to be able to catch up and that is the reason they haven't been able to beat Jackson County. Jaycee Coe almost outscored the entire UC team last year and she is even better this year fella's. Jackson County is not a good match up for Union City and from all i've heard Clarkrange has stepped up their game so it will be a tough road for UC to win the title this year having to beat both of those teams. The Gold comes back to 7A yet again...

@ Fanatic

which other young ladies have been offered and accepted an SEC sholarship?  Jaycee is one, who is this other SEC talent?

Well i am wondering who else on Jackson County will be there to display this SEC talent other than Miss Jaycee Coe. From what I have read the point guard from last year went down for the year and unless Miss Coe is going to break the press, run the offense and shoot it I dont understand what you are talking about. You seem to leave out a very important person for last years team that gave Union City more problems than Miss Coe did, your center graduated and she was the biggest problem we faced. We couldnt go inside and scored because she was a defensive stopper. Unless yall plan to suit her up again this year I can see the game going a bit different. I also read that Clarkrange was going to be the better of the two teams. One last thing, just becuse two teams from 7A make it to the boro doesent mean we have to beat both of them if we make all make it to the boro there will be 5 other teams that have to play and they could have something  to say about who plays who.