Single A Teams

I sure hate I missed the 2014 State A Girls Championship Union City has already won. After Jackson County outplayed and outcoached them last year, I don't think after that "deer in the headlight performance" by their coaches and players against Jackson County last year I would already be claiming the 2014 Gold Ball. I agree UC has talent, but that game against Jackson County last year still runs through my mind how nervous they were to shoot wide open 12-18 foot wide open shots. Their coach choked trying to play a quicker Jackson County team man after dominating the first two games playing a nasty zone. So yes, UC you are good. But you choked against a good Jackson County team last year. So, yes you can get beat and yes Gibson County is going to come after you. We are not going to be scared to play you guys. And Jackson County sure as heck is not scared to play you guys.

Nobody said they won it.I think people are saying that UC and JC are the best 2 teams in Single A.UC will get their best player back at the first of the year.They made it to State without their best player and another starter who tore her ACL in Substate.They can be beat,but I want judge them until Amber Fair get back.She will make them a whole lot better.

Nobody said they won it.I think people are saying that UC and JC are the best 2 teams in Single A.UC will get their best player back at the first of the year.They made it to State without their best player and another starter who tore her ACL in Substate.They can be beat,but I want judge them until Amber Fair get back.She will make them a whole lot better.

or vice versa.... She is a great player, don't get me wrong.... but after being out of basketball for a year and a half, just think about it....

Yeah,she been playing ball I think since August. It a take some time to get in game shape,but her presents on the court with the things she can do will make them a better team.I haven't seen GC play but will next week.So far,I agree with your rankings.,

We have Greenfield Friday, which I expect to be a great game and then we travel up to Union City on Tuesday.... 2 games I've been waiting on..

We also have Westview on Saturday... didn't realize that until now..

Edited by GCPioneer

GC,you can see some games UC play,how important Reedy was to the team.Not having Fair right now to take her spot is hurting us but the bottom line is they find a way to win and that starts with their defense.You see them struggle offensively some,but they play solid defense.

I'll be honest.... Reedy was a HUGEEEE loss for you guys.... Not only her leadership, but the fact that she's not afraid to put her head down and go. You guys are 1 consistent 3 point shooter away from being in your own class in Single A. And yes, you guys' defense is as tough as it comes. I said in one of my earlier post, if you take care of the ball and don't turn it over against you guys, you stand a chance at winning. Turn it over 20 times and there's no way you beat Union City. I do like Nettles, the 2 Fair's, and Hudson... all 4 can definitely play. Tuesday will be an interesting matchup man.... I think we will throw a press at you guys and see how you handle it... if that doesn't work, I imagine we will drop back into a zone. It should be a good game...