Single A Teams

No one is barking except you as usual. Has UC ever beaten Jackson County? Doug, Kassidy Allen has SEC potential and is a very tough match up. She is long and athletic and can score and more importantly defend! You people from UC say the same things every year and after you get beat we don't hear anything from you until the following year when you start this stuff all over again. Until Union City comes within 10 points of Jackson County don't say anything, all you do is look like a fool when the tournament rolls around and we blow you out AGAIN.....

@ Fanatic...

Come on Man, dont lump me in with the Union City folks.  I was just curious..

Middleton will be mâking some noise this year look for Burkley to get them țo the Glass house this year.

Jackson Christian beats Middleton last night - surprising, but think JC may be better than thought.   Trinity played Union City to within 3 or 5 points over Thanksgiving (know they are not full strength).   15A may be more interesting than first thought.

I was there. Wasn't that close. Gc pulled out to 20 pt lead early in the 2nd qtr and really coasted. It's was a 26-28 pt game end of 3rd. The 5 starters for gc scored 15, 15, 14, 14 & 9. Lake county had one girls that could fill it up and scored all night. She's tough. They are a scrappy team. I'm interested to see what bigster has to say as well.

I wasnt able to go.My son went and said Gibson co looked good and beat Lake Co handidly.But I'm not surprised.Like I said in earlier post ,Lake Co is basically playing 3 on 5.Tiana Gray is as good a shooter in Single a if she gets her shot off.Lake Co doesnt have anyone else that can shoot outside to help her out.Most teams are keying on Tiana and making it hard.Wiggins,the sophomore center is scrappy and a blue clooar type player.Yanzy  handles the ball most o f the time and that's about it for Lake Co,Really cant comment on Gibson co until I actually see them.

What did yall think about the Lake Co boys.Heard they led by about 13 points most of the way and missed some free throws.Also heard ,starting sophomore center Estes hurt his ankle about 4 minutes at the start of  the game and sat out.Not saying they will beat Humboldt,South fulton etc but remember they are young.Pretty sure they had 4 sophomores on the floor and one freshman several times in the game.and you probably noticed before the game,a couple players were probably in warm ups before the game going through drills.Hopefully those two players will become eligible able Christmas.Both of them are juniors.Lake co only has 1 senior that plays a lot.

Edited by mrbigster

I wasnt able to go.My son went and said Gibson co looked good and beat Lake Co handidly.But I'm not surprised.Like I said in earlier post ,Lake Co is basically playing 3 on 5.Tiana Gray is as good a shooter in Single a if she gets her shot off.Lake Co doesnt have anyone else that can shoot outside to help her out.Most teams are keying on Tiana and making it hard.Wiggins,the sophomore center is scrappy and a blue clooar type player.Yanzy  handles the ball most o f the time and that's about it for Lake Co,Really cant comment on Gibson co until I actually see them.

What did yall think about the Lake Co boys.Heard they led by about 13 points most of the way and missed some free throws.Also heard ,starting sophomore center Estes hurt his ankle about 4 minutes at the start of  the game and sat out.Not saying they will beat Humboldt,South fulton etc but remember they are young.Pretty sure they had 4 sophomores on the floor and one freshman several times in the game.and you probably noticed before the game,a couple players were probably in warm ups before the game going through drills.Hopefully those two players will become eligible able Christmas.Both of them are juniors.Lake co only has 1 senior that plays a lot.

I didn't go last night but saw Lake Co. earlier this year. Your boys team isn't the same team of years past, but still good. Gibson Co. has rescheduled the game against Obion that was set for Saturday to tomorrow. We beat them by 1 at Obion earlier this year after blowing a 18 point lead in the game. We are supposed to host Bradford Friday but I imagine the ice will postpone that one.

Lake county boys are very athletic. I did not realize they were that young. They can shoot it very well. The press have them some easy points. I would definately not say it was a comfortable win though. The majority of the game was played within 5-6 points. A few times they broke it to 10 but our boys would fight back. Yea the tall post rolled his ankle pretty bad. He looked to be in a lot of pain. Hope he has a quick recovery hate to see injuries like that

Lake county boys are very athletic. I did not realize they were that young. They can shoot it very well. The press have them some easy points. I would definately not say it was a comfortable win though. The majority of the game was played within 5-6 points. A few times they broke it to 10 but our boys would fight back. Yea the tall post rolled his ankle pretty bad. He looked to be in a lot of pain. Hope he has a quick recovery hate to see injuries like that

The tall guy suffered a knee injury last year and has improved.I think the boys are athletic as well and not saying they are as good as past few years but they are very young,Still wouldnt rule them out or think it will be an easy win.Especially if they do get Blevins and Strayhorn after Christmas .Two extra starters could make a difference.Both of them are juniors.I know in the game against Union City,the coach gave Zay a breather and Lake Co had 4 sophomores and a freshman on the floor .So basically a young high school team with everyone back except 1 starter and a middle school that is unbeaten so far with wins over Northview,Halls,Three Oaks,and Dyersburg thus far.So hopefully the future is bright.

Heard that after the white guy got hurt,the Jones kid came in and played well.He had 25 points against Central.He's a freshman.The point guard,number 1 is his brother and  a sophomore.Heard Stephonski Wilkes came in and shot really well.He's also a good leaper .He's a sophomore along with the white guy who is a sophomore as is the guy that starts with the dreads.So a very young team.Along with Union City who has some younger guys on the high school team and also an undefeated middle school team.SWhould be a strong district for years to come with South Fulton,Gibson Co,Humboldt,Trenton etc.Hear Trenton has a very very good middle school team.

Anyway.This is the girls thread so good luck to your girls team.I'll make sure I'm at Gibson co the next game.Lake Co plays Trenton Friday night but I'd sure love to go to that Humboldt-South Fulton game.May do that as I can watch Lake Co about any time.Actually most of the away games are closer for me.I live in Roellen so Trenton,Halls,Gibson co are closer than Tiptonville.So all the games I attend,either home or away are usually around the 50 mile range or more both ways.

Edited by mrbigster

I was there. Wasn't that close. Gc pulled out to 20 pt lead early in the 2nd qtr and really coasted. It's was a 26-28 pt game end of 3rd. The 5 starters for gc scored 15, 15, 14, 14 & 9. Lake county had one girls that could fill it up and scored all night. She's tough. They are a scrappy team. I'm interested to see what bigster has to say as well.

I'm going to try to see Gibson Co play UC..Does Gibson co still have their Christmas tournament..Went several years ago when humboldt and Trenton had loaded boys teams and it was packed.Sat at the top with Humboldt fans and it was loud.Then it seems like they invited a team from outside the county instead of all Gibson co teams a year or so after that but not sure..

Edited by mrbigster

Jackson Co opens up district play with a game @ much improved Pickett Co team on Friday. Then on Saturday AAA Cookeville is coming to JC to make up a weather cancelled game. Should be a couple good ones.

Jackson County lead by as much as 27 points in the win against Pickett Co. last night.  This might have been the best game they've played to date this year.  Normally a tough place to play in Byrdstown but the girls came out and took care of business.  It was 40-17 at the half and 54-27 after 3.  I thought #34 for Jackson County really played well, taking over the post play and really just out hustling everyone else on the floor.  She will be a tough match up for most teams as she is a great rebounder and faster and stronger than most post players.  If she continues her strong play this will give JC an element they haven't had in a long time.  Great job girls, not bad for a team that has been picked to finish a distant second or third to Clarkrange this year. Way to represent as the reigning STATE CHAMPS!  :popcorneater:

I know I'm gonna take some flack from this, but I still think Jackson County is the team to beat. Even with Amber Fair back for UC.. JC is still loaded! Everyone kept saying UC was the best team last year..and JC really dominated them. Just really don't think things have changed enough to flip flop these teams. I may be wrong, just how I feel.

Jackson County is always the team to beat, if they aren't then C-range is.  You usually have to go through one of the two to get to the Gold ball.