Noise Makers for '13 & 14 - All Divisions...

Sommers

D2s criteria is different. I would think they'd seed previous medalists then head to head after that. Since there's no region tournament.

There will be region tournaments this year to determine qualifiers in DII.

As of what the coaches were told last weekend there will be no seeding of the state tournament.

WOULD THEY NOT SEPARATE BY REGIONAL PLACEMENT ?? 1 VS 4--- 2 VS 3 FROM EACH REGION??

YOU WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO SEED THE BRACKET BY SEPARATION OF THE PREDICTED #1 AND #2 TOP AND BOTTOM OF BRACKET. THEN JUST TAKE OTHER REGIONS AND FILL BY REGIONAL PLACEMENT??? :?:  THE REGIONS THAT ARE WITH THE TOP TWO COULD FLIP TO EITHER SIDE AS LONG AS THEY STUCK WITH 1 VS 4 AND 2 VS 3 ?????

WOULD THEY NOT SEPARATE BY REGIONAL PLACEMENT ?? 1 VS 4--- 2 VS 3 FROM EACH REGION??

YOU WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO SEED THE BRACKET BY SEPARATION OF THE PREDICTED #1 AND #2 TOP AND BOTTOM OF BRACKET. THEN JUST TAKE OTHER REGIONS AND FILL BY REGIONAL PLACEMENT??? :?:  THE REGIONS THAT ARE WITH THE TOP TWO COULD FLIP TO EITHER SIDE AS LONG AS THEY STUCK WITH 1 VS 4 AND 2 VS 3 ?????

Word has it that they do not intend to separate by region placement.  If that remains the case I highly doubt that all of the regions will actually wrestle their placement matches... I guess we will see.

Word has it that they do not intend to separate by region placement.  If that remains the case I highly doubt that all of the regions will actually wrestle their placement matches... I guess we will see.

I have been told that if the TSSAA does not agree to separation by regional placement and state medalist you will see each wrestler medical forfeit out of the tournament after they secure placement.  The TSSAA may be treading on thin ice with this issue. 

SEEMS A LITTLE STRANGE THAT TO BE A 106 MEANS THAT ALL YOUR HARD WORK COULD END UP BEING IGNORED BY FACING ANYONE THE FIRST ROUND AND THEN THE SAME YOUR SECOND ROUND! SO LETS SAY A TRUE #4 FACES THE #1 AND THEN THE #3 FOR THE DAY COULD GO HOME AND BE A 2 AND OUT! :huh: SEEMS LIKE THE 106 BRACKET SHOULD GET DISCOUNTS ON HOTEL AND GAS MONEY FOR A BLIND CHANCE AT A QUICK TURN AROUND FOR A LONG RIDE HOME.... JUST DOESNT SEEM FAIR TO ME THAT 106 GETS TREATED DIFFERENT THAN OTHER WEIGHT CLASSES WITH RECORDS TO GO BY ???

I have been told that if the TSSAA does not agree to separation by regional placement and state medalist you will see each wrestler medical forfeit out of the tournament after they secure placement.  The TSSAA may be treading on thin ice with this issue. 

Lets see...for decades it was a carry your man state tournament. I know of an ungodly amount of good wrestlers sent packing by that rule. But guys you know the rules when you sign up. I cant see any coach or athlete forfeiting a match just because you don't agree with something, that was in place before you got there. Rules may change in the off-season, that's one thing but a lot of this stuff has been in place for years. Heck, they only changed carry your man after years of kicking and screaming, but I don't remember a threat of forfeiting. Seems extreme and against the rule of good sportsmanship. So many things are changing its difficult to keep up with it all, so I may not know some of the new D2 rules. Wrstlinggod from what I remember D2 did take into account head to head and they used to seed, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Tronado

Lets see...for decades it was a carry your man state tournament. I know of an ungodly amount of good wrestlers sent packing by that rule. But guys you know the rules when you sign up. I cant see any coach or athlete forfeiting a match just because you don't agree with something, that was in place before you got there. Rules may change in the off-season, that's one thing but a lot of this stuff has been in place for years. Heck, they only changed carry your man after years of kicking and screaming, but I don't remember a threat of forfeiting. Seems extreme and against the rule of good sportsmanship. So many things are changing its difficult to keep up with it all, so I may not know some of the new D2 rules. Wrstlinggod from what I remember D2 did take into account head to head and they used to seed, but I could be wrong.

Thats the problem. This is all new. Here we are a few days away and nobody even knows whats going on. All of the coaches voted to not even have a region tournament to only be told their vote didnt matter. If they dont use region placings nobody will wrestle once they reach the semi's. Some of these kids are wrestling 4 weekends in a row anyway.  

WOW! THIS IS AS TOUCHY AS I THOUGHT IT SHOULD BE! I WOULD HATE TO BE A 106 TOP 6 KID AND GET A UNLUCKY ROLL OF THE DICE!

AND IT WOULD SEEM THAT IF 106 WENT AWAY THE NEXT CLASS TO IT WOULD SUFFER THE SAME??? THIS IS PROVING TO BE UNFAIR TO THE EFFORTS OF THESE YOUNG KIDS THAT DONT GET THE SAME INTEREST IN THE 106! THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED AND SOON! WOW!

SEEMS A LITTLE STRANGE THAT TO BE A 106 MEANS THAT ALL YOUR HARD WORK COULD END UP BEING IGNORED BY FACING ANYONE THE FIRST ROUND AND THEN THE SAME YOUR SECOND ROUND! SO LETS SAY A TRUE #4 FACES THE #1 AND THEN THE #3 FOR THE DAY COULD GO HOME AND BE A 2 AND OUT! :huh: SEEMS LIKE THE 106 BRACKET SHOULD GET DISCOUNTS ON HOTEL AND GAS MONEY FOR A BLIND CHANCE AT A QUICK TURN AROUND FOR A LONG RIDE HOME.... JUST DOESNT SEEM FAIR TO ME THAT 106 GETS TREATED DIFFERENT THAN OTHER WEIGHT CLASSES WITH RECORDS TO GO BY ???

Remember they aren't really being treated differently than any other weightclass.  The other weights just happen to have returning placers in them that would be separated.  Had their been any returning medalists at 106 (like last year with Michael Murphy) then at least that person would be "placed" in the bracket.

Regardless of weightclass it is still very likely that many of the top wrestlers could meet earlier than if seeding or separation by region placement had been performed because many of them were not medalists the previous season.

I think you are misinterpreting what was stated... they would not be medical forfeiting out of the state tournament.  They would be medical forfeiting out of the regional tournament once they have qualified to go to state.  Since the regional placement doesn't matter (i.e. it has no bearing on where you are placed in the state bracket), why wrestle the match?

Thats the problem. This is all new. Here we are a few days away and nobody even knows whats going on. All of the coaches voted to not even have a region tournament to only be told their vote didnt matter. If they dont use region placings nobody will wrestle once they reach the semi's. Some of these kids are wrestling 4 weekends in a row anyway.  

Is it legal for the TSSAA to use a different method for bracket placement in D2 than they use in D1 without a majority approval of the D2 coaches?