Best football program in Wilson County

BKisler

Title says best program in Wilson county. A program does not reflect one single year. Mt Juliet and Lebanon have new head coaches. I think mjca does as well. Wilson central has had a lot of injuries. Fc should know about how that goes. As you said without long FC hasn't won a game. No dog in this fight other than living in Wilson county.

Title says best program in Wilson county. A program does not reflect one single year. Mt Juliet and Lebanon have new head coaches. I think mjca does as well. Wilson central has had a lot of injuries. Fc should know about how that goes. As you said without long FC hasn't won a game. No dog in this fight other than living in Wilson county.

couldn't agree more: "program does not reflect one single yr". This wasn't a thread started by an FC fan rather one from MJ. Besides looking at records from one yr see the facts below.

MJCA = never won a playoff gm

Watertown= hasn't won a playoff gm since 1985

WC= 1 quarterfinal appearance ever.

Lebanon= 1 quarterfinal appearance ever

Mt Juliet= 2 consecutive semi final losses

FC= 2 STATE CHMPS in a row & 3 finals since 2007.

Also to set the record straight FC has won without long at qb this yr vs KA.

• 11 months later...

Ah got ya. I think most of the programs in Wilson county have been good at times. Overall, it's a tough argument. Fca doesn't play the same level of opponents but they have had more success.

No disrespect for the other programs in Wilson County but Volzchamps couldn't have spelled it out any simpler.  You can't say its the level of opponents because if that was the case, you could only consider the highest level (6A) for the question.  The question was 'Best football program in WC' and without question over the past decade, Volzchamps explained that in a way that is unequivocal.

No disrespect for the other programs in Wilson County but Volzchamps couldn't have spelled it out any simpler. You can't say its the level of opponents because if that was the case, you could only consider the highest level (6A) for the question. The question was 'Best football program in WC' and without question over the past decade, Volzchamps explained that in a way that is unequivocal.

So, using this reasoning, Yale and Princeton are the top two programs in college football history. Doesn't hold water.

I guess that all depends on how you define best program, huh?

So, using this reasoning, Yale and Princeton are the top two programs in college football history. Doesn't hold water.

I guess that all depends on how you define best program, huh?

Apples to oranges. Don't compare Wilson County programs to other programs in the entire country...you have to narrow it to Tn..then furthermore to Wilson County. Princeton and Yale top programs of Ivy League would be a better comparison..not the SEC, ACC etc. Size of the program has nothing to do with it

What are you asking? Who is the best program right now, the last 5 years, the last 10 years the last 50 years.... There has to be more context. 

Right now. Its Friendship Christian without a doubt. A program can only do with what its given in its given conference. Its dumb to compare Friendship to teams in a division where they can't even play. In their division they have won state championships. They have won big games out of their division against same size powerhouses. And they have sent kids on to college for major programs. 

I don't see kids scrambling to go play for Wilson Central or Lebanon. Parents and kids are making sacrifices to send their kids to play at Friendship. 

If you want to say the last 10 years then Mt. Juliet comes into the conversation.