East Hamilton @ Signal Mountain Week 0

well...I guess troll and cane are in hiding until friday..... :ph34r: cmon guys you can talk a little trash to get fired up.......I got the humble pie waiting..... :mrgreen:

Still here. Humble pie is for folks that shoot there mouth off, and talk smack, then there team gets it handed too them. Trust me Signal does not care for the Ham Bones, and Ham Bones don't care too much for Signal, but both schools and both coaches have respect for the other team. it comes from knowledge that we both have good coaches and teams and that we could go down hard. I flat out called the win for East Ham last year, not by 41........ I do not have that confidance this year, all that confidance is directed at other birds.

Edited by chattacane

This one will be standing room only, and it is just as hard to get into Signal as it is EH.  Please tell everybody to get there early.  Only one road in and a long walk from the parking lots to the field.

Like I said before, this one is a toss-up.  It will all come down to the players on the field.  Whichever team executes their gameplan the best will win.  Or maybe I should say, whichever team is best able to disrupt the others gameplan will win.

This one will be standing room only, and it is just as hard to get into Signal as it is EH.  Please tell everybody to get there early.  Only one road in and a long walk from the parking lots to the field.

Like I said before, this one is a toss-up.  It will all come down to the players on the field.  Whichever team executes their gameplan the best will win.  Or maybe I should say, whichever team is best able to disrupt the others gameplan will win.

Everyone talks about the offense, and the running game.... Forget it! This one comes down to the defense! Signal cannot do what it did last year, cannot have 3 to 4 series with out scoring. Both teams must not turn the ball over on the wrong side of the field. Ham Bones must be able to run the ball to open up the passing game.

The first 2 games were blow outs by signal, the 3rd was closer then folks want to remember, game was closer then the score, last year East Ham was a better team, and had a huge chip on the shoulder, I do think that was a team that only comes around every 10 or 12 years. This year’s team is good but it’s not what it was last year. Here is why yea Jackson was a stud, and all other backs at East Ham will be measured to him. But East Ham had 2 other backs #19, and #6 who combined for 26 TD’s and 1500 + yards you add that to Jackson’s 25 TD’s and 1600+ yards it was a rushing machine. Also remember there were 3 guys on the O line that had 3 years of starting under there belt, 2 of them ended up being 1st team all state, the other one was preseason all state, and made 2nd team all state (should have been first team) Hughley 2nd team was the meanest O line man around he was down right nasty. So that offence was pretty darn good. This year O line is bigger, but size don’t matter from what I been told, there are 3 new guys up front this year, yea that got lots of playing time last year but the games were already in hand. Can those guys get better and do the job, we will see. #6 can run the ball but he is not Jackson I hear  he is at 170 and 5’9, I do think that right that’s what a combine has him listed at, but he does not have 2 other backs behind him like Jackson did. But you heard it here first there is Soph back 5’8 163 “Whiteside†# 28 (I think) that IMO will set some records before he is done…. Can he help this year I hope so….. I have been told that he is Brian Marshall made over (Marshall was a dream back at Ooltewah a few years back) But can these guys bring it together?

The stars of last years team was the defense, that got over looked by Jackson and that line that D was ranked #3 in the state last year all classifications. I do think this years D is also that good, the only issue is the line backers, some new guys there but very very talented.

So after 4 years of playing 2 whippings by Signal, 1 big win by Signal in a closer then the score showed and a blow out by East Ham last year it now comes down to this…. Game week it is “you pick itâ€â€¦â€¦..

So I will 20 - 17 East Ham, Or better yet who has the ball last.....

Edited by chattacane

Ok Hosers. It's almost game day I hope it's better than last years. If the jamboree was any indication it should be pretty even. But we all know neither team showed much in it.

EH and SM both have tough schedules I think its important for both teams to get out to a good start.

The only thing in this game I can gaurentee is there will be a large large large crowd.

I'm guessing the score will be 35-28.

Ok Hosers. It's almost game day I hope it's better than last years. If the jamboree was any indication it should be pretty even. But we all know neither team showed much in it.

EH and SM both have tough schedules I think its important for both teams to get out to a good start.

The only thing in this game I can gaurentee is there will be a large large large crowd.

I'm guessing the score will be 35-28.

Yes. a very large crowd....... With the talent your playing and the home games you have should not be long before that field house get's built! $$$ cash will be flying in. Any truth that the new field house will be named "Troll Cave"? 

OK I cannot hold off any longer....... Lot of respect for your coach, I have always liked your uniforms, one of the best in the area....... But for God sake get rid of the freaking ugly helmets......

Signal by 10 - at least

Yes. a very large crowd....... With the talent your playing and the home games you have should not be long before that field house get's built! $$$ cash will be flying in. Any truth that the new field house will be named "Troll Cave"? 

OK I cannot hold off any longer....... Lot of respect for your coach, I have always liked your uniforms, one of the best in the area....... But for God sake get rid of the freaking ugly helmets......

Those helmets are designed to mess with people ... and it sounds like they work. :roflol:

I've already got my cave.  It smells like diesel and rotting bermuda.  Stop by Friday night.

Edited by MountainTroll

my take on this game..It will be a swampy mess after the Hurricane rips through the mountain.  Too much depth at EH.  i don't think this will even be close or worth watching honestly. 

You don't lose an SEC caliber quarterback and without a huge drop off.   That and losing the UTC bound lineman to the knee injury will be a horrific lose.  Signal will struggle to score against maybe the best defense in town.

my take on this game..It will be a swampy mess after the Hurricane rips through the mountain. Too much depth at EH. i don't think this will even be close or worth watching honestly.

You don't lose an SEC caliber quarterback and without a huge drop off. That and losing the UTC bound lineman to the knee injury will be a horrific lose. Signal will struggle to score against maybe the best defense in town.

Wow! Like what you said. But not to sure about it I think it's a very close ball game. Maybe the team that wins has the ball last.