East Hamilton @ Signal Mountain Week 0

Dang Troll. You might ought to check that treetop man's math out. He listed 6 scrimmages there. That fellow you don't like so much sure wouldn't take kindly to that.... :rolleyes:

This should be a great game. I have to go with the Canes just so Troll won't like me so much... :D

It was 3 scrimmages and one was a four way.  1st scrimmage was against JPII, Lavergne and Coffee County.  Did very well against all of them but it was starting on the 45 so not game type scrimmage.   Next scrimmage was Soddy it was game type and needless to say Soddy is down a little but they played hard, bad thing is we lost a Senior lineman for the year in this one.  Last was Ridgeland.in game type scrimmage 4 Qtrs the night before the the jamboree we did well with varsity outscoring them 21-7.  But a lot of penalties and some sloppiness.  

Whats all this mean, IMO not a darn thing.  You use these to work on some things to get better and make sure you are playing the right guys, the scores don't count.  

But I do like scrimmaging Ridgeland since we won't ever get to play them in the regular season.   

Those helmets are designed to mess with people ... and it sounds like they work. :roflol:

I've already got my cave.  It smells like diesel and rotting bermuda.  Stop by Friday night.

By people do you mean that Childress man???   

Just wonder if next years will be white and black instead of black and white.  Or will we just go with grey in honor of the Childress man, you know, since he likes it so much.   

Don't know what fishheadspin is drinking but EH will not have the best D in town.

SM will expose their biggest weakness being the D line. Sands won't be able to play both ways very long and there is big drop off behind him.

EH O line is also overweighted (rated) due to key plays being traps and new linemen not close to same as last year. All backs are 165 lbs and will not be able to run inside effectively like last year. When SM stuffs up the middle and makes EH throw the ball down field they will also be in trouble. QB had great stats last year but most of yardage was gained with 5-10 yd passes and big runs. Gatewood does not have a vertical passing game plan and if SM stops between tackle runs and bubble screens EH will struggle.

Big plays and turnovers will rule the night in a close SM victory.

Just Saying!

Don't know what fishheadspin is drinking but EH will not have the best D in town.

SM will expose their biggest weakness being the D line. Sands won't be able to play both ways very long and there is big drop off behind him.

EH O line is also overweighted (rated) due to key plays being traps and new linemen not close to same as last year. All backs are 165 lbs and will not be able to run inside effectively like last year. When SM stuffs up the middle and makes EH throw the ball down field they will also be in trouble. QB had great stats last year but most of yardage was gained with 5-10 yd passes and big runs. Gatewood does not have a vertical passing game plan and if SM stops between tackle runs and bubble screens EH will struggle.

Big plays and turnovers will rule the night in a close SM victory.

Just Saying!

171, you say things correct. Finally someone on here other then I thinks this team (my team) is not what the team last year was. Your offensive line lost 3 very good guys from last year. Yes this year’s team is bigger, and can get better. I do think depth is also an issue, dude you hit it right on the nose. Almost, No one on East Ham starts both ways…. Sands starts as an offensive tackle, he will also play some on the defensive line. Black will start on the defensive line and also see time on offense. Lenoir, and Griffith will also see time as TE, and DE, Herndon is a DB, but will also see time at wide out, so will Parker. Gatewood a LB will also see time at TE, and wide out. Milita, will start at RB, but you will also see him at CB, in 3rd down and long. But hey you got most of it right. But I do believe that no one starts both ways, but about 7 or 8 guys will see both sides of the ball during the game. ???? Does Gatewood have something new too show tonight, or will it be just what it’s always been the last 20 years here and at Hooterville?

I do think this is a very close game. As for the over weight part, you might be correct, but all 5 of the 300+ pounders are over 6'2........ A little heavy yes, but over weight?

Edited by chattacane

EH may not be the best in town (but i think they will be) but i think this comes down to as much as Signal not having an offensive identity in their first game.  Losing an SEC quarterback is a huge lose.  most people does not realize you can not just plug a new guy in.  EH may not be the best but they will be good enough to stop a running game and force the new QB into some tough spots and see what kind of decisions he makes.   IF they play behind the sticks it is over.

as i mentioned before there are only so many college lineman in high school football and you down lose one 2 weeks before game 1 and not drop off a lot there too.  

I still think it is not even close...

Both big guys are great linmen and the mention of weight was more a reference to the hype the line has gotten due to size. The new starters have to be able to execute their bread and butter traps for this team to be successful.

They can throw the ball down the fieled if TED will let them.

Game will be determined by 2 big things.

Can EH stop the SM running game?

Can EH run the ball well enough to call pass plays when they don't have to.

All TD's last year came on long runs and bubble screens and long runs.

SM will load the box and play tight cover 2 and force EH to throw deep.

If they can't do that the game will go to SM as well as few other opponents that will use the same game plan.

Just Saying!