Dyersburg Trojans vs JCM Cougars Week 0

specialed

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JCM struggled some without a game changer at QB also lost the number 1 wr during game and a defensive tackle.. Neither team was at full strength. Jcm defense had trouble setting the edge against sweep and gave up big plays. Dyersburg was big inside. Jcm should get better as they go with a young team lead by sophomore QB. Would hate to play them in week 6 or 7 after kinks are cleaned up! Game was closer than score. Dyersburg threw a seam for TD with 3 min left when Jcm looked down. Good luck both teams

Dhs 51 JCM 28.......although dhs has several key players out, especially on defense, as in leading tackler and unit leader, the younger players had better improve a lot real fast

Haywood will be a lot better than JCM.....could be for a long night next Friday for Dburg.....

no they wont brother...they might be better...but not a lot...jcm will have a better offense...which as stated...couldnt put together a drive consistently...

which to my surprise sounds so much like my assessment of their scrimmage with usj...big plays from time to time but not a consistent offense...not able to get 1st downs often...

against a good team...u CANNOT count on broken plays to win games...maybe once  a year u get lucky and pull that off jcm

congrats to dburg...i must say...and i know its week 0...giving up 28 to jcm will not get u deep in the playoffs...get those studs back and lets see what kinda potential u really have

Edited by dhstennis

against a good team...u CANNOT count of broken plays to win games...

This is a good point. At least two of the JCM scoring plays were quick strikes (Opening drive of the game, Kickoff return for a TD). Someone will have to refresh my memory on their other scores. Broken plays still count as points, though. Great win for Dyersburg. 

EDIT: Here's a Jackson Sun recap:

http://www.jacksonsun.com/article/20130823/SPORTS/308230032/H-S-FOOTBALL-Jackson-Central-Merry-run-defense-struggles-loss

Edited by tennesseeannouncer

no they wont brother...they might be better...but not a lot...jcm will have a better offense...which as stated...couldnt put together a drive consistently...

which to my surprise sounds so much like my assessment of their scrimmage with usj...big plays from time to time but not a consistent offense...not able to get 1st downs often...

against a good team...u CANNOT count of broken plays to win games...maybe once  a year u get lucky and pull that off jcm

congrats to dburg...i must say...and i know its week 0...giving up 28 to jcm will not get u deep in the playoffs...get those studs back and lets see what kinda potential u really have

Big win for the Trojans!

nice win by the Trojans.. Once they get healthy watch West,TN!!!! Bart  Stowe is doing great things!!!

I would agree... I didn't expect Dyersburg to be as crisp as they were with everything in the first game of the year. With the way specialed was talking, I expected JCM to come out and be overwhelm Dyersburg, but it was the other way around. Dyersburg's offense looked good... killed JCM with the playaction and rollouts and the little bit of misdirection stuff they ran. Dyersburg should have a good year.