Oak Ridge @ Farragut

Space3

I agree. I think Beech could've played with anyone last year.

They could have. They may not have beaten Whitehaven, but I bet that would've been a heck of a game. And I vividly remember after our game against them in 2011, some of the Beech fans were saying our team was every bit as good as the Smyrna team they had played the year before (the one that went to the 6A finals). I didn't see them play, so I can't comment on that, but the point is, once you hit the AAA level, you're gonna see some good teams regardless of 5A or 6A. Plenty of talent,  plenty of numbers, plenty of depth. 

They could have. They may not have beaten Whitehaven, but I bet that would've been a heck of a game. And I vividly remember after our game against them in 2011, some of the Beech fans were saying our team was every bit as good as the Smyrna team they had played the year before (the one that went to the 6A finals). I didn't see them play, so I can't comment on that, but the point is, once you hit the AAA level, you're gonna see some good teams regardless of 5A or 6A. Plenty of talent,  plenty of numbers, plenty of depth.

Heck, Alcoa proves that year in and year out and they are 3A. They give Murvil all they want and more every year they play them. The difference in 5A and 6A is really like splitting hairs. Edited by SweetScience

Heck, Alcoa proves that year in and year out and they are 3A. They give Murvil all they want and more every year they play them. The difference in 5A and 6A is really like splitting hairs.

Very true.

I think 5A gets a bad rap because there isn't that one "dominant" program like Maryville or Alcoa. I mean, Beech winning 2 of the last 4 is impressive, but still nothing like we've seen at either of those Blount County schools, and I know that affects perception. But I just think it's more because the competition is better at the AAA level (after all, Maryville is also in that "2 of the last 4" group). 

Very true.

I think 5A gets a bad rap because there isn't that one "dominant" program like Maryville or Alcoa. I mean, Beech winning 2 of the last 4 is impressive, but still nothing like we've seen at either of those Blount County schools, and I know that affects perception. But I just think it's more because the competition is better at the AAA level (after all, Maryville is also in that "2 of the last 4" group).

Agreed. I think CAK would've given any team a run for their money the past few years, too. That all out air assualt they had was something to behold. Not many teams are gonna beat Beech very badly, except maybe Ensworth. Especially when you have Jalen Hurd. He is gonna be a chore to stop for anybody, including Maryville and Haven.

Agreed. I think CAK would've given any team a run for their money the past few years, too. That all out air assualt they had was something to behold. Not many teams are gonna beat Beech very badly, except maybe Ensworth. Especially when you have Jalen Hurd. He is gonna be a chore to stop for anybody, including Maryville and Haven.

Lol we get him next Friday. At his place. Gonna be fun.

EDIT: Or at least fun for somebody.

Edited by MSURacer

I truly hope ya'll shock the world and win. From an Oak Ridger, best wishes. Pulling for ya'll.

Lol thanks for that. Lord knows we're gonna try. We actually have a pretty solid team if they show up for 4 quarters. I don't expect it to be as bad as last year's game (the one where he went for a nauseating 450 yards in a 55-41 effort), but we still made enough mistakes last night for me to be weary.

Good luck against Farragut by the way. Seems like they're usually pretty stout team.

Lol thanks for that. Lord knows we're gonna try. We actually have a pretty solid team if they show up for 4 quarters. I don't expect it to be as bad as last year's game (the one where he went for a nauseating 450 yards in a 55-41 effort), but we still made enough mistakes last night for me to be weary.

Good luck against Farragut by the way. Seems like they're usually pretty stout team.

Thanks, sir. We need luck. We are so young with pretty much no experience from any kids that played last year, barring a few exceptions. The talent is there, it's just hard to tell anything because no one has really proved themselves in a game type situation, other then scrimmages. Plus, we never really had a QB standout during practice and scrimmages, and we have been rotating 4 getting all the reps, mind you. It's gonna be tough, but the kids are going to have a whole town behind them with the return of Joe. I haven't seen this town this pumped about football since the 90's when Gaddis was here first time around. I'm not sure how far that will take us in this game, though. Joe i'm sure wants to put it on Farragut. I know that for a fact playing for him in the 90's. He really doesn't like the Admirals lol, but it's gonna be tough to pull out a win on their home field with such a young group of boys, but we're gonna give 'er a go lol. By seasons end i truly believe we will be a tough out for anyone.

Thanks, sir. We need luck. We are so young with pretty much no experience from any kids that played last year, barring a few exceptions. The talent is there, it's just hard to tell anything because no one has really proved themselves in a game type situation, other then scrimmages. Plus, we never really had a QB standout during practice and scrimmages, and we have been rotating 4 getting all the reps, mind you. It's gonna be tough, but the kids are going to have a whole town behind them with the return of Joe. I haven't seen this town this pumped about football since the 90's when Gaddis was here first time around. I'm not sure how far that will take us in this game, though. Joe i'm sure wants to put it on Farragut. I know that for a fact playing for him in the 90's. He really doesn't like the Admirals lol, but it's gonna be tough to pull out a win on their home field with such a young group of boys, but we're gonna give 'er a go lol. By seasons end i truly believe we will be a tough out for anyone.

Gaddis? Same guy who took Henry County from literally 1-9 to the semifinals in 3 years. I have a feeling Oak Ridge is gonna be just fine. They may win or lose this week, but god knows they're gonna battle.

The big difference is that HC was coming off 6 straight losing seasons when Gaddis arrived here. He had to not only recruit the hallways, but instill a winning culture. He did it in two years. The Wildcats should already expect to win.

Gaddis? Same guy who took Henry County from literally 1-9 to the semifinals in 3 years. I have a feeling Oak Ridge is gonna be just fine. They may win or lose this week, but god knows they're gonna battle.

The big difference is that HC was coming off 6 straight losing seasons when Gaddis arrived here. He had to not only recruit the hallways, but instill a winning culture. He did it in two years. The Wildcats should already expect to win.

Wow, that is quiet impressive what Joe did at HC. didn't know ya'll were in that bad of a state? that makes me feel better, for sure. You're right, we do and have always expected to win here at Oak ridge. It's part of the culture of our football program. We don't always win them all and we have down seasons just like anyone, but anything less then a title here is deemed not a great year. And we haven't won one in 22 years, but that is still the mindeset and probably always will be thanks to great leaders of the past.

Wow, that is quiet impressive what Joe did at HC. didn't know ya'll were in that bad of a state? that makes me feel better, for sure. You're right, we do and have always expected to win here at Oak ridge. It's part of the culture of our football program. We don't always win them all and we have down seasons just like anyone, but anything less then a title here is deemed not a great year. And we haven't won one in 22 years, but that is still the mindeset and probably always will be thanks to great leaders of the past.

Yes, we were good throughout much of the 80's through the mid 90's, but we suffered a huge downturn in the late 90's and early 2000's.

That's why I expect OR to be successful in the coming years. No question Gaddis is a GREAT coach and motivator, the only real question to me is how long does he continue coaching.

Edited by MSURacer