Top Class A teams this year

SportsfanTN2010

Well UC's pressure defense was sitting ont he bench with a torn ACL. They were unable to play the entire State Tourney in the manner that they played basketball all year due to injury so they had to adjust and play on. So it wasnt a matter of out coaching but rather an issue of being bitten by the injury bug and gave the best effort they possibly could. 100 % healthy UC would have been a completly different team in that tourney.

Jackson County has lost their starting point guard, McKenzie Flynn, to a torn ACL.  She tore it last Saturday at playday and will have surgery in couple weeks.  Good luck to girls this season and hope McKenzie gets back to 100% as quickly as possible.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meigs could have something to say about who makes it out of the eastern side. They caught a break in being placed away from the Chattanooga district, and do not have to meet a Jackson or Clarkrange in the sectional should all three make it that far. I've read their top player has committed to Lee.

Jackson County has lost their starting point guard, McKenzie Flynn, to a torn ACL.  She tore it last Saturday at playday and will have surgery in couple weeks.  Good luck to girls this season and hope McKenzie gets back to 100% as quickly as possible.

This is a heart breaker for me as i consider this young lady as close to a daughter to me as i have ever had.  She will be sorely missed but the good news is she is just a sophomore and will be back better than ever next year.  JC is loaded with talent so its "next girl up" for us.  Go Big Blue!

This is a heart breaker for me as i consider this young lady as close to a daughter to me as i have ever had.  She will be sorely missed but the good news is she is just a sophomore and will be back better than ever next year.  JC is loaded with talent so its "next girl up" for us.  Go Big Blue!

I always hate it when a player gets hurt like this!  It's still very early and I know it's a slim chance, but is there anyway that she could be back by the end of the season for JC's possible state tourney run?

Really hate to hear that for this young lady, never want to hear of anyone getting injured. We on this end understand exactly how yall are feeling we had two go down to the same injury. She can bounce back if she works hard and be ready the go full strength next season. Hate hearing stuff like that.

I keep seeing Collinwood-Im not sold. They lost a key player from last year (forget her name but is on a bball scholarship). As for 12A it looks like a 3 team race to me. Summertown lost Long and Kilburn but they had 3 freshmen that played extensively last year and should be in the hunt to get to the glass house. Loretto will be a tough out every night as well. Clifton has really made strides the past 2 seasons and could very well upset someone on any given night. As for region 6A it will be the same 3 teams. As for region 5A I am expecting Houston Co and Nash Christian. Will be interesting!! Top two in the state bar none...UC & JC

I always hate it when a player gets hurt like this!  It's still very early and I know it's a slim chance, but is there anyway that she could be back by the end of the season for JC's possible state tourney run?

I asker her dad tonight and he said it was 6 month recovery, so very very unlikely she plays this year.

I keep seeing Collinwood-Im not sold. They lost a key player from last year (forget her name but is on a bball scholarship). As for 12A it looks like a 3 team race to me. Summertown lost Long and Kilburn but they had 3 freshmen that played extensively last year and should be in the hunt to get to the glass house. Loretto will be a tough out every night as well. Clifton has really made strides the past 2 seasons and could very well upset someone on any given night. As for region 6A it will be the same 3 teams. As for region 5A I am expecting Houston Co and Nash Christian. Will be interesting!! Top two in the state bar none...UC & JC

Gibson and Summertown played in Murfreesboro over the weekend, Gibson won