AP poll is out for those that may have missed it

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last two years, the best two in 1A played for it all..... except maybe two years ago. Huntingdon and Gordonsville last year were the best two. Two years ago Wayne Co. and S. Pitt played for it all but a lot of people think the quarterfinal game between Huntingdon and Wayne Co. was the best two. Heard this from a lot of the Wayne Co. people.

This is all ancient history, but I have an opinion as well. The 2011 game between SP and Wayne Co was 20-14 Wayne with about 6 minutes left. SP was first and goal on about the 4. They had a bad snap and a penalty. They were turned away and the rest is history. That was a very even game. I watched Huntingdon that year as well. There wasn't much difference between SP, Wayne Co, Huntingdon and Gordonsville in 2011.

No, no, no. It's Coalfield's turn to come to SP if they meet up. LOL

This is where the final records are causing SP problems the past 3 years even though they overcame it in 2010. 13 playoff games the past 3 years and only 3 of them at home.

Lol. I don't think so. That place is scary.

Maybe it isn't quite as scary since Vic Grider stole their dog.

Edited by rlh

The last two years, the best two in 1A played for it all..... except maybe two years ago.  Huntingdon and Gordonsville last year were the best two.  Two years ago Wayne Co. and S. Pitt played for it all but a lot of people think the quarterfinal game between Huntingdon and Wayne Co. was the best two.  Heard this from a lot of the Wayne Co. people. 

SP lost to Gordy last year 14-13 and went for the win on a 2 pt try with time running out. 

This is all ancient history, but I have an opinion as well. The 2011 game between SP and Wayne Co was 20-14 Wayne with about 6 minutes left. SP was first and goal on about the 4. They had a bad snap and a penalty. They were turned away and the rest is history. That was a very even game. I watched Huntingdon that year as well. There wasn't much difference between SP, Wayne Co, Huntingdon and Gordonsville in 2011.

The Huntingdon/Wayne Co. game that year was tied with about a minute to go!!!