New AP Poll 1A

PiRaTe._.MiKe

One more slant - from sonnymoorepowerratings.com (thru week 4)

sched   power

W  L  T   rating   rating

SOUTH PITTSBURG 1A 4 1 0 66.37 109.64

DRESDEN 1A 4 1 0 96.59 108.90

GREENBACK 1A 4 1 0 97.00 108.39

NCS 1A 5 0 0 88.96 106.64

UNION CITY 1A 3 1 0 92.41 106.21

HUMBOLDT 1A 4 0 0 84.13 102.55

WAYNE COUNTY 1A 2 3 0 85.91 99.71

GORDONSVILLE 1A 3 2 0 85.18 98.48

COALFIELD 1A 3 2 0 93.89 97.78

JO BYRNS 1A 2 2 0 87.56 96.24

Edited by NCSdad1962

I'd like to argue with you but I can't. I was really impressed with UC. I believe the UC Humboldt game will be a good one. Hopefully we can hang around long enough to see our district 14 neighbors again.

Union City is the best team in the west by far. They are going to beat Humboldt like a circus monkey. Humboldt is the most overrated team I've seen in years. No way they should be #1. Maybe 6th.

Edited by ArtVandelayTN

Union City is the best team in the west by far. They are going to beat Humboldt like a circus monkey. Humboldt is the most overrated team I've seen in years. No way they should be #1. Maybe 6th.

I'm giving Humboldt the benefit of the doubt. By beating McKenzie they've proven themselves by beating a good team. They still have UC and Trenton to play and both those teams are tough. They beat them and I will drink the koolade, although I still think Dresden will be in the mix come playoff time.

how you going to say that you obviously have no clue what football is Mckenzie beat uc and we beat Mckenzie don't say stuff that ain't true

I'm giving Humboldt the benefit of the doubt. By beating McKenzie they've proven themselves by beating a good team. They still have UC and Trenton to play and both those teams are tough. They beat them and I will drink the koolade, although I still think Dresden will be in the mix come playoff time.

Yes, Humboldt still have to play UC & Trenton, if Humboldt can keep improving and playing four (4) quarters like they did the second half against McKenzie then they will be tough to beat!!!

how you going to say that you obviously have no clue what football is Mckenzie beat uc and we beat Mckenzie don't say stuff that ain't true

Yes, McKenzie did beat UC but it was earlier during the season & UC has improved since then. Hard to compare teams & who they've beat because UC beat Dresden, Drseden beat McKenzie, & McKenzie beat UC so it's all about match ups and the team that makes the least mistakes!! Hopefully, Humboldt can get the offense going & defense can play four quarters of football. Looking forward to McLilly getting to play because I know he's ready since this is his senior year!

Lol, I guess you didn't eat enough crow from the last predictions you made against Humboldt! Since, you are always on the 13a or 14a boards you must be nervous that your team will have to play someone! Your team can have the number 1 rating if that's what you are so concern with! The Viking & coach Reid are taking one game at a time & can care less about a ranking, only worried about getting better after each game! Hopefully, we will be fine tune before playoffs start, need to get McLilly back on the field this week so he can be full force come November!!!!

• Upvote 1

McKenzie lost to Dresden and UC beat them so.... It's hard to decide who's better off of "who beat who". You'll know Oct. 18 though... Humboldt and UC are the two best in the west as of now, IMO. Dresden a close third. Edited by wildcatalumni

One more slant - from sonnymoorepowerratings.com (thru week 4)

sched power

W L T rating rating

SOUTH PITTSBURG 1A 4 1 0 66.37 109.64

DRESDEN 1A 4 1 0 96.59 108.90

GREENBACK 1A 4 1 0 97.00 108.39

NCS 1A 5 0 0 88.96 106.64

UNION CITY 1A 3 1 0 92.41 106.21

HUMBOLDT 1A 4 0 0 84.13 102.55

WAYNE COUNTY 1A 2 3 0 85.91 99.71

GORDONSVILLE 1A 3 2 0 85.18 98.48

COALFIELD 1A 3 2 0 93.89 97.78

JO BYRNS 1A 2 2 0 87.56 96.24

I would go out on a limb and say that these ten teams are probably the best in 1A, but again these polls mean nothing. Alot of good teams on that list and alot of football to be played.