New AP Poll 1A

PiRaTe._.MiKe

All of you SP folk seem to think Coalfield is the team to beat in 1A. Im really curious as to why you all think that. I too think they're a great team but traditionally they have a fit with SP as do most teams. Is SP not a great team this year? Look forward to hearing your guys thoughts.

They would just rather the monkey be on someone elses back. Coalfield is one of the best in 1a, but SP is pretty much always the team to beat . 

More like crawling

It makes sense to me. But I have always and will always say that SP is the team to beat until something drastically changes. Sure they're not going to win it every year but look at last year. I watched the SP/Gville game and SP should have won. SP was the better team in my opinion and it was kind of a down year for them. The road to the Gold Ball goes through SP one way or another.

It makes sense to me. But I have always and will always say that SP is the team to beat until something drastically changes. Sure they're not going to win it every year but look at last year. I watched the SP/Gville game and SP should have won. SP was the better team in my opinion and it was kind of a down year for them. The road to the Gold Ball goes through SP one way or another.

We will have a couple down years then get right back on track. The difference with the younger groups is they are multisport athletes. Time will tell.

All of you SP folk seem to think Coalfield is the team to beat in 1A. Im really curious as to why you all think that. I too think they're a great team but traditionally they have a fit with SP as do most teams. Is SP not a great team this year? Look forward to hearing your guys thoughts.

Coalfield was a young team last year and played very well at G.V. but the age caught up to them late in the game.  They have a bunch of those kids back.  SP lost about 3 players to graduation that were special including Stone and Johnson.  Coalfield was a good team 2 years ago and many of the current kids were starters or got a lot of playing time.  We beat them in the Semi's that year and have been expecting them to field a title contender.  That said, Greenback is a very good team this year and I am not convinced SP should be currently ranked ahead of either of them the way the played against Hixson.  The bright spot for SP in the Hixson game Was that they were in it with 3 minutes do go and didn't quite playing. SP may be better by the end of the season but that remains to be seen and some seniors etc. need to do some soul searching and step up as leaders.

Coalfield was a young team last year and played very well at G.V. but the age caught up to them late in the game. They have a bunch of those kids back. SP lost about 3 players to graduation that were special including Stone and Johnson. Coalfield was a good team 2 years ago and many of the current kids were starters or got a lot of playing time. We beat them in the Semi's that year and have been expecting them to field a title contender. That said, Greenback is a very good team this year and I am not convinced SP should be currently ranked ahead of either of them the way the played against Hixson. The bright spot for SP in the Hixson game Was that they were in it with 3 minutes do go and didn't quite playing. SP may be better by the end of the season but that remains to be seen and some seniors etc. need to do some soul searching and step up as leaders.

This was a great post; thank you

Before everyone starts piling on, NCS has self reported an ineligible player for game one and forfeited the 55-26 win over Harpeth. The reserve sophomore got to play a few downs because NCS put in reserves in the 3rd Quarter so as not to run the score up on Harpeth. This will motivate NCS even more to become a great team.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20130910/SPORTS07/309100082/Nashville-Christian-forfeits-win