New AP Poll 1A

PiRaTe._.MiKe

Here's the fun page from this website:

http://www.unapproved website.com/cgi-bin/2013/project_matchup.pl

You can pit schools against each other and it predicts the outcome.  Beginning Oct. 1, the site has enough data that it predicts every game without having to use the screen linked above.  Here are some examples - let the comments fly.......... :thumb:

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

[2013] Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN) 42, [2013] Gordonsville (TN) 17

neutral field

[2013] Greenback (TN) 30, [2013] Nashville Christian (Nashville, TN) 28

Don't drink the koolaid.

Oh, why not?  Let's just give the gold ball to Greenback and be done with it.  Seriously though, I just posted the link so everyone could take their shots at East/Middle/West football again this year.  I haven't had koolaid for 40 years or so.

Glad you put the link on here and its fun to look at,but you can type in games thats already been played and its not close.I've been around TN football for along time and a good team will pop up on any given season,but the more things change,the more they stay same.

Glad you put the link on here and its fun to look at,but you can type in games thats already been played and its not close.I've been around TN football for along time and a good team will pop up on any given season,but the more things change,the more they stay same.

I understand.  I've learned a lot from you guys that have 1000+ posts about TN high school football.  Never had a reason to follow it until my son started playing.  I grew up in Ohio but won't bore you all with the legend that is Ohio high school football (LOL - I'm sure every state thinks they have the monopoly on great high school programs - except maybe Alaska).

Hey guys,

I didn't mean to start a commotion over here. I thought everybody knew about this website. And, no, I haven't been in the juice. This is the site that everyone refers to at playoff time because they predict outcomes of the games based on computer generated data. Don't ask me the metrics they use - I haven't dug into it that far. But it is fun to look at an AP poll voted on by folks who have no idea how these teams look and compare it to a computer generated poll that uses facts based on who has played who. Hopefully, the link below will point you in the right direction if you want to see what I saw.

http://unapproved website.com/2013/ratings/Tennessee_division.htm

P.S. Ambassador - I'll take the fall for misspelling Pittsburg - I typed the Top 10 in myself. From now on, I'll just go with SP.

LMBO. It's ok we're all just football fans.

I understand. I've learned a lot from you guys that have 1000+ posts about TN high school football. Never had a reason to follow it until my son started playing. I grew up in Ohio but won't bore you all with the legend that is Ohio high school football (LOL - I'm sure every state thinks they have the monopoly on great high school programs - except maybe Alaska).

Only three states can make that claim...Alabama, Texas, Florida

Behold The Poll     Sept 23, 2013

Class 1A

Record Pts Prv

1. Humboldt (10) 4-0 155 1

2. South Pittsburg (3) 4-1 149 2

3. Dresden (1) 4-1 129 3

4. Greenback 4-1 119 4

5. Cloudland (3) 5-0 109 5

6. Nashville Christian School 4-1 86 6

7. Coalfield 3-2 54 8

8. Columbia Academy 4-0 36 NR

9. Moore County 3-2 28 10

10. Gordonsville 3-2 27 7

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Union City 25.

I really appreciate you putting this on here.

Behold The Poll   Sept, 30  2013

Class 1A

Record   Pts   Prv

1.Humboldt (14)  5-0  180  1

2.SouthPittsburg (2)  5-1  176  2

3.Greenback  (1)  4-1  148  4

4.Cloudland  (3)  6-0  142  5

5.  NCS    (0)   5-1  114  6

6.ColumbiaAcademy  5-0  86  8

7.Union City  4-1  73  NR

8.Coalfield  3-2  70  7

9.Dresden  4-2  53  3

10.Gleason  5-1  16  NR

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11. Defending 1A State Champs Gordonsville  14

I'm okay with remaining at #7 until we play in the title game.

Let's just beat Gibson County and then the next team on the schedule. There isb still a lot of football to be played. After watching what happened to us last season when one guy (Keylon Hyde) got injured I'm only looking at one game at a time.

Let's just beat Gibson County and then the next team on the schedule. There isb still a lot of football to be played. After watching what happened to us last season when one guy (Keylon Hyde) got injured I'm only looking at one game at a time.

Union City is trying to play sleeper. There is only one team in 1A from the west that can beat Humboldt. Want to guess who it is?