SP vs Sequatchie (Moore man against that Colquette man)

Roy Dillard

Let's See If I Got This Right?...A Select Few South Pitt Players Are Trying To Redefine SP Football?...Cussing And Displaying Their Immaturity On The Sidelines For Everyone To See?...Then They Jump On Here With The Same Attitude And Dissention?...And Roy Can't Find The Answer At Foodlion? Or The Redeye?...

Recon some folkes know what last call is....Figure some of this group has heard similar words! Most likely a boot out the door for a few would bring the intelligent ones around!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sequatchie reportedly had one of the best middle school teams this valley has ever seen last year so it sounds like they are right on schedule. Keep up the good work.

I was surprised after all the ones who moved on to HS but they are still pretty good this year.  Sequatchie Middle school in the last two weeks have beat South Pittsburg 30-0 and Grundy Co. 40-12

I was surprised after all the ones who moved on to HS but they are still pretty good this year. Sequatchie Middle school in the last two weeks have beat South Pittsburg 30-0 and Grundy Co. 40-12

Good to see the program moving in the right direction. Now quit playing around and start whipping up on the Signal Mtn and Notre Dame teams.

How many players out for the SC middle school team?

Regardless what some bone heads think.......this group ain't did nothing and their legacy is in limbo. If...........& figure that may.......need repeating IF....there are any.....true leaders on this team they have to somehow make this squad a team. Remember........the street gangs have leaders too but where there leading the followers is the concern! Another home showing of individualism and disrespect for team,community, school and coaches this team will find itself labeled the "Worst Disciplined" team in decades! Old Pirate will be at the Speedway but only.......to watch team play win or loose not a few individuals.

Yep, it's a mess. And the coaches are in a darned-if-you-do/darned-if-you-don't situation. If they try to fix things by benching the ones who are openly using foul language and disrespecting everyone around them they run the risk of losing games. This starts a domino effect of bad press, low ticket sales, irate parents, irate fans, and even accusations of racism. In reality there are only a handful of us who want to see a cleansing. The vast majority of the fans just want to see the Pirates win - with no concerns about internal problems.

What is the danger of this new breed of athlete? Yesterday, two of the "good" guys got replaced on special teams by two of the "other" guys. I overheard one of the "good" guys say 'I guess I'm going to have to start cussing the coach to get to play'. That's the danger of this new breed of athlete.

Yep, it's a mess. And the coaches are in a darned-if-you-do/darned-if-you-don't situation. If they try to fix things by benching the ones who are openly using foul language and disrespecting everyone around them they run the risk of losing games. This starts a domino effect of bad press, low ticket sales, irate parents, irate fans, and even accusations of racism. In reality there are only a handful of us who want to see a cleansing. The vast majority of the fans just want to see the Pirates win - with no concerns about internal problems.

What is the danger of this new breed of athlete? Yesterday, two of the "good" guys got replaced on special teams by two of the "other" guys. I overheard one of the "good" guys say 'I guess I'm going to have to start cussing the coach to get to play'. That's the danger of this new breed of athlete.

Old Pirate says, it sounds as if the "good" guys might not have enough fight or simply trying to find excuse for losing their jobs. Figure the coaches only want the most production as possible from each position. Now any old futeball war veteran can remember some foul language but this bunch obviously have parents that have not brought the hickory out

I am so tired of hearing the same stuff on here. Either you are a Pirate or your not. The coaches and teachers can only do so much. If the parents don't like the language you do something about it. I played all 4 years and I will tell you us and every team we played. Let me repeat that every team we played used foul language. You can try to convince yourselves that you and all your teammates were saints back in the day but you are full of it. Every team has good players with bad attitudes but guess what the coaches do what they can to curb it but they still play. Its starting to sound like people on here my have some kids that the bad guys have taken their place and are mad. I hope this is not the case. Yes we are in a different time when it comes to our kids attitudes but it is our fault not coaches and not teachers. The Pirate football team is their to win football games and championships. If the coaches can make boys become men good but this new head coach got a team already in place and I don't remember hearing all this when the old coach was in charge. This didn't just happen. When parents want to blame someone for their kids attitude and language look in the mirror or put them in another school and see if they change.

Old Pirate it sounds as if the "good" guys might not have enough fight or simply trying to find excuse for losing their jobs. Figure the coaches only want the most production as possible from each position. Now any old futeball war veteran can remember some foul language but this bunch obviously have parents that have not brought the hickory out

"Parents" lol

We're going to talk about the game in here or I'm closing this one down. If you are just getting on here to vent, gripe or complain then save everyone some time and stay off here. There is a big game Friday between Sequatchie County and South Pittsburg. Lets talk football.

I'll make it simple for you. This is a " Statement Game." I think we have a lot more talent but now its time to show we are a team.