SP vs Sequatchie (Moore man against that Colquette man)

Roy Dillard

I said last week that the Sale Creek game wouldn't be enough adversity to determine if attitudes have changed. If you are honest with yourselves, you know I was right. I also said that in his tenure at MC, Ken only lost to SP twice. I'm not predicting anything in this game other than it will be close. Those are two factors that Pirate fans have to consider.

I'm going to have to correct you with one of your statements.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant really compare Sp to teams like brainerd or Howard.........we all know that Sp is no where near as undisciplined as those teams are. If a coach could instill a little at those schools they would be unstoppable. The poster was right, most years SP should be the class of single A football. They probably, most years have more athletes than the majority of 1,2 and 3a.. I for one, think that Sp rolls in this one. KC is one or two years away from doing damage at Dunlap. Next year he will get the pirates, but not this year. SP 42-14

Since 2007 they have had quite a few athletes, but this team hasn't showcased near as many as past years. You are right about Howard and Brainerd. Those teams have unbelievable athletic ability.

I said last week that the Sale Creek game wouldn't be enough adversity to determine if attitudes have changed. If you are honest with yourselves, you know I was right. I also said that in his tenure at MC, Ken only lost to SP twice. I'm not predicting anything in this game other than it will be close. Those are two factors that Pirate fans have to consider.

again your god ken isn't taking the field. He has a decent team but I think they are a little to slow and will eventually go down. If KC is the man why isn't he still at jasper. I remember do you

sir no disrespect but you may need to worry about the purples attitudes before the pirates. Rumor is coach Mac just a bit frustrated himself this week?

again your god ken isn't taking the field. He has a decent team but I think they are a little to slow and will eventually go down. If KC is the man why isn't he still at jasper. I remember do you

Ken isn't my God by any means but he can coach football. True, he don't make the plays on the field but we all know that an experienced coach is a valuable asset. People like you never give Coaches credit for winning games but they lay the blame on the coach for losing a game. Which is it? Do coaches affect the game or not? Ken isn't at Hasper for the same reason Vic isn't at SP... They both saw the well running dry. Edited by PurpleGrad

sir no disrespect but you may need to worry about the purples attitudes before the pirates. Rumor is coach Mac just a bit frustrated himself this week?

Any coach that doesn't feel frustration with himself and his team at various times throughout the season is not a very good coach in my opinion. To not be frustrated means that you have accepted the current level of performance and your expectations for yourself and the team have stalled. If that happens, you need to quit coaching. With that said, the problems at MC are nothing compared to the problems at SP tht have been discussed on here.

Ken isn't my God by any means but he can coach football. True, he don't make the plays on the field but we all know that an experienced coach is a valuable asset. People like you never give Coaches credit for winning games but they lay the blame on the coach for losing a game. Which is it? Do coaches affect the game or not? Ken isn't at Hasper for the same reason Vic isn't at SP... They both saw the well running dry.

LOPAO.....1. Ken's leaving was more about something concerning a desk top & personal issues than anything 2. the failure of prominent financial contributors failure to provide a nice supplement/bonus, 3. Ken saw the obvious lack of studding round the courthouse. OP ain't joking neither. Old Pirate has got the ole jock on and hopefully the Pirates will have their game day faces on and are focused on earholing some Indians. As OP has stated this "team" has potential, the question all are wondering if they can rise above individualism and play the game like true Pirates?

Any coach that doesn't feel frustration with himself and his team at various times throughout the season is not a very good coach in my opinion. To not be frustrated means that you have accepted the current level of performance and your expectations for yourself and the team have stalled. If that happens, you need to quit coaching. With that said, the problems at MC are nothing compared to the problems at SP tht have been discussed on here.

SP folkes can have comfort in knowing the Pirate ship is in good hands with Danny Wilson, Vic Grider, Tim Moore & staff of veterans! Time to get thoughts on the game at hand and see if continued progress has been made! Go Mighty Pirates! BTW, Good luck to all the kin folkes round the MC Jail and the Jasper Warriors tonight, hope youins earhole them city fellers!

Game Day!!! Let's go Pirates!!

Rather its confidence or wishful thinking, either way I think the Pirates come out tonight and prove they can play as a team and let their talent do all the talking. Indians will be tough early but our Pirates pull away late.

Pirates 32

Indians 20

Edited by piratetom