Henry County hosts Ridgeway: Week 3

MSURacer

who are we playing this week, Ridgeway or the 2011 Patriots,  this debate should not even be mentioned until the 2013 team wins the state championship, then we can compare and contrast.  By the way the 2011 team will never be defeated period. The 2013 edition still has a 12 more contests to win or lose.  15-0    3-0   apples and oranges

there has been several HC teams that were 3-0  but only 1 15-0 team,  compare this team to others that accomplished that 3-0 record

who are we playing this week, Ridgeway or the 2011 Patriots,  this debate should not even be mentioned until the 2013 team wins the state championship, then we can compare and contrast.  By the way the 2011 team will never be defeated period. The 2013 edition still has a 12 more contests to win or lose.  15-0    3-0   apples and oranges

there has been several HC teams that were 3-0  but only 1 15-0 team,  compare this team to others that accomplished that 3-0 record

But no one from Ridgeway will post.  So we have to make up stuff to argue about.

Edited by FactsOnly

I'll have to echo what Facts and SEC said. There was some activity yesterday by some folks from Memphis, but they were both Whitehaven fans. I can't say for sure which teams were 3-0 that we can compare to, but I can think of a few to compare to.

1978 - Don't remember alot about this defensive unit (I was still dreaming of being a Patriot one day), but I am sure that this hard nosed group made their share of stops.

1985 - Counce's first undefeated team. That team was great on defense and to my knowledge still holds the record for fewest points allowed in regular season. There were some great LB's and DB's on that team and a very hefty D-line. 2013 defense is much quicker I think, but has a bend not break mentality.

1992 - Another one of Counce's great teams. This teams defense was very strong as well. One of the best LB's I ever remember was on that team. What I remember is that most of the competition would say "you know after you've played Henry County, you feel it the next day and next week."

1995 - Very athletic team, but focus was mainly on offense. I think that the 2013 defensive unit is superior in most areas. Maybe the d-backs that year were a stronger unit but not sure.

2007 - One of Gaddis three straight trips to Semi's. But again, defense suffered due to most of the talent being put on the offensive side of the ball. A strong d-line but 2013 defense gets the nod on this one as well.

2008 - Many thought this was the best assembled team Henry County fielded. I remember lots of comments about "if we don't win state this year, we never will." Guess that got proved wrong. This team was also plagued by the offensive side of the ball reaping most of the rewards. I believe that the 2013 unit is a more cohesive defensive group overall.

2011 - oh wait, I'm not supposed to compare them to this group...

Facts - could you please check this post for accuracy? My memory isn't what it used to be.

I'll have to echo what Facts and SEC said. There was some activity yesterday by some folks from Memphis, but they were both Whitehaven fans. I can't say for sure which teams were 3-0 that we can compare to, but I can think of a few to compare to.

1978 - Don't remember alot about this defensive unit (I was still dreaming of being a Patriot one day), but I am sure that this hard nosed group made their share of stops.

1985 - Counce's first undefeated team. That team was great on defense and to my knowledge still holds the record for fewest points allowed in regular season. There were some great LB's and DB's on that team and a very hefty D-line. 2013 defense is much quicker I think, but has a bend not break mentality.

1992 - Another one of Counce's great teams. This teams defense was very strong as well. One of the best LB's I ever remember was on that team. What I remember is that most of the competition would say "you know after you've played Henry County, you feel it the next day and next week."

1995 - Very athletic team, but focus was mainly on offense. I think that the 2013 defensive unit is superior in most areas. Maybe the d-backs that year were a stronger unit but not sure.

2007 - One of Gaddis three straight trips to Semi's. But again, defense suffered due to most of the talent being put on the offensive side of the ball. A strong d-line but 2013 defense gets the nod on this one as well.

2008 - Many thought this was the best assembled team Henry County fielded. I remember lots of comments about "if we don't win state this year, we never will." Guess that got proved wrong. This team was also plagued by the offensive side of the ball reaping most of the rewards. I believe that the 2013 unit is a more cohesive defensive group overall.

Facts - could you please check this post for accuracy? My memory isn't what it used to be.

I think your memory is fine. 

I have to say your comments about 2008 are dead on.  I thought I'd never seen a more talented team.  Fact is though, I'd never seen more individual talent.  Boy were they fun to watch!  2011 was the best defense I recall anywhere but did not have the opportunity to see the 80's and 90's teams.  I want to say 2013 will be the best, most complete package of all, but I won't yet.

Edited by FactsOnly

1995 - Very athletic team, but focus was mainly on offense. I think that the 2013 defensive unit is superior in most areas. Maybe the d-backs that year were a stronger unit but not sure.

Great summary & I agree with it 100%. Who is the LB from '92 you're speaking of? I can't recall & it's bothering me.

OzziePossum:

There are some other games throughout the state this week-end that could probably have that said for them. The Arlington @ Oakland game is one that comes to mind.

That score you posted might be a little low. I'm in agreement with BHS that the over/under for this game is probably hovering around 79. Both teams can put up points in a hurry. How's HC's secondary? Been tested yet?

As much as we know & respect Coach Wiley and the Arlington Tigers...Oakland will smother them Friday night....21 point margin or better