Silverdale Baptist Academy vs Grundy County

THEDOC

In my opinion we have the right Coach. But the support is not there and it's sad. I will almost be willing to bet that the players we have love playing for our Coach. I might be wrong but I dont think so.

Yeah I wasnt saying he isnt the right coach because I honestly dont know. I just have seen how since the beginning of the season how "fans" have been putting him down. Players read and here all these type of things, trust me it gets to them and affects them more than most people will ever know.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion we have the right Coach. But the support is not there and it's sad. I will almost be willing to bet that the players we have love playing for our Coach. I might be wrong but I dont think so.

its hard to support a coach that hasn't done anything to improve grundy co. football.  pride you sound like you know these boys really well.  can you name anything they have done to improve the program?  going 5/5 is not a improvement or a winning season.  the talent has been there since the oldest Nolan boy, the coaching hasnt

I played on the bad DC teams in Trapps first few years. The difference between his first few years and all the losing seasons before that was community support. The stadium might not of always been packed but people stayed until the end and you didnt have people questioning everything Trapp said and done. As players we bought into what Coach Trapp was preaching, that we was the building blocks and that it would pay off in the years to come. It all comes down to the players and community buying in and supporting whatever is put on the field. Good things will come with the right coach and what I just previously said.

we bought into it for awhile but we have seen no progression in the last 2 years and this is the 6th year. He has backing with big crowds and has had backing over the years, people has seen that it isn't gonna change and its the same ole thing week in and week out! Change would be good in our situation! I truly believe that!

It is very sad...and I will be almost will to bet that more than u think that the boys want a change..you can tell there moral is down..doesn't help that the coach tells them that they humiliated him. Sometimes it is best to just to cut ur losses and walk away.

we bought into it for awhile but we have seen no progression in the last 2 years and this is the 6th year. He has backing with big crowds and has had backing over the years, people has seen that it isn't gonna change and its the same ole thing week in and week out! Change would be good in our situation! I truly believe that!

Knowing that now yeah I would say change might be good. If there has been no improvement in 6 years it might be time to cut ties with him. If he truly said his players humiliated him then he should be ashamed. After all, isnt the team he fields a reflection of him?

It is very sad...and I will be almost will to bet that more than u think that the boys want a change..you can tell there moral is down..doesn't help that the coach tells them that they humiliated him. Sometimes it is best to just to cut ur losses and walk away.

I totally agree here. It is very sad! Pride is apparently a coach or a father of one sticking up for his son. But that's understandable! I do respect that. But honestly deep down you know it's time for change. I want to see our student athletes have every opportunity to excel at everything they do. It's our responsibility as adults to put the right people in there lives as a coach and teacher to build up and turn these young people into someone with a positive attitude and with a bright future! Teach them how to be winners and to look over the bad things and play harder and MAKE things turn in your favor. It's called overcome adversity!! Look it in the eye and be bigger and overcome not fuss and carry on Over ever bad call and try and teach these kids how To argue everything and complain and show bad sportsmanship if it doesn't go your way! Be examples! I'm sorry folks but my mind hasn't changed I still think we need change! Edited by Beavcleaver

I totally agree here. It is very sad! Pride is apparently a coach or a father of one sticking up for his son. But that's understandable! I do respect that. But honestly deep down you know it's time for change. I want to see our student athletes have every opportunity to excel at everything they do. It's our responsibility as adults to put the right people in there lives as a coach and teacher to build up and turn these young people into someone with a positive attitude and with a bright future! Teach them how to be winners and to look over the bad things and play harder and MAKE things turn in your favor. It's called overcome adversity!! Look it in the eye and be bigger and overcome not fuss and carry on Over ever bad call and try and teach these kids how To argue everything and complain and show bad sportsmanship if it doesn't go your way! Be examples! I'm sorry folks but my mind hasn't changed I still think we need change!

Personally I would not respect a coach who told the team they humiliated him. If he truly said that you better believe he has said other things similiar to that behind closed doors. Think of Doofus Dooley on tv talking down his players and putting the blame on them. Thats a very quick way to lose a team, they will not play hard for you doing stuff like that.

I think if they can cut back on their penalties and make adjustments with their kicking game they could win 2 but I'd say 1-2 is more realistic.

Finally someone is talking about "The Game."

There does need to be some serious adjustments. On both sides of the ball in my opinion. First of all as far as the kicking game. We do not have much of one. Last week our team suffered all night because of it. Seq County had field position all night long. As far as the defense looks like to me we did switch some players around last week, but they have to be able to tackle! The offense was disappointing to me last week. Seq Co. blitzed all night and we did not pick up the blitz like we should have and as a result our QB was under pressure all game. He is a great qb but is a pocket passer. That is his strength. There needs to be a heavier dose of #1 this week. I would let him carry the ball 20-30 times. He can wear down a defense.

I have been reading up on Silverdale. From what I am seeing they look to be big but slow. They say speed kills. Hopefully we can out run them on Friday. This should be a good ball game. It is one that we for sure need to win, because the next 2 will be a uphill battle no doubt.