Silverdale Baptist Academy vs Grundy County

THEDOC

Pride so now you think it doesn't matter if we win or lose that's not the big picture? Your job as a coach Is to win ball games PERIOD!!! We are not questioning the Bryant's character here!! WE NEVER HAVE!!!! So stop beating that dead horse! There are plenty of coaches out there that's looking for that break to get there career started! Look at DC with Trapp if I'm not mistaken he was a pee wee coach and yes he got a break and honestly look at DC now. There last 2 seasons they were 8-3 and 10-2 and 2nd round playoffs. This year 3-0. That's what it's about! Point blank WE NEED A FRESH START!

Edited by Beavcleaver

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I applaud you Sir for supporting your coach through the good and the bad. It's people like these idiots on here that give our county a bad name. They take this stuff way too serious. Most likely because their "little Johnny" is warming the bench and is not actually good enough to play. They say things like we have had the most talent we ever had. Well they dont realize that alot of other schools we play have talent too. I think we have made it to the playoffs a few times with the Bryant's. Right? Lost against a powerhouse Cheatham County team last year that was undefeated and hung right with them until the 4th quarter. But enough of that.

How many coaches would want to come to coach on the mountain? Especially for fans like this. People have every right to express their opinions. I understand that. But this is just a game! A game that by some is being taken way too serious. In the grand scheme of things it really doesnt matter. To some of you who are reading this who may get the wrong impression of our coaches. I will say this. They are fine christian men who set a very good example to our teenage boys. I know its about winning and losing to some people and thats fine, but i would rather have a coach that cares and sets a christian example for our young men than ones who only care about winning and winning only and not the kids. Dont misunderstand me. These coaches do want to win. All coaches do. No one likes losing. But no one is looking at the bigger picture here except a few. Again who would we get? People want to call for a coaches head but they wont step up and say who they actually think would even consider coming to this mountain. We are what we are like it or hate it. I will take men like the Bryants any day over someone who really doesnt care.

if the coaches had made adjustments to our linebacker #20, we just might have won the ball game.  coaches couldn't figure out that it was not smart to blitz #20 time after time and getting hung up in the pile and there was a whole there big enough for billygoat  to drive the bus through on the outside of tackle......the talent was there the coaching wasnt

I applaud you Sir for supporting your coach through the good and the bad. It's people like these idiots on here that give our county a bad name. They take this stuff way too serious. Most likely because their "little Johnny" is warming the bench and is not actually good enough to play. They say things like we have had the most talent we ever had. Well they dont realize that alot of other schools we play have talent too. I think we have made it to the playoffs a few times with the Bryant's. Right? Lost against a powerhouse Cheatham County team last year that was undefeated and hung right with them until the 4th quarter. But enough of that.

How many coaches would want to come to coach on the mountain? Especially for fans like this. People have every right to express their opinions. I understand that. But this is just a game! A game that by some is being taken way too serious. In the grand scheme of things it really doesnt matter. To some of you who are reading this who may get the wrong impression of our coaches. I will say this. They are fine christian men who set a very good example to our teenage boys. I know its about winning and losing to some people and thats fine, but i would rather have a coach that cares and sets a christian example for our young men than ones who only care about winning and winning only and not the kids. Dont misunderstand me. These coaches do want to win. All coaches do. No one likes losing. But no one is looking at the bigger picture here except a few. Again who would we get? People want to call for a coaches head but they wont step up and say who they actually think would even consider coming to this mountain. We are what we are like it or hate it. I will take men like the Bryants any day over someone who really doesnt care.

the difference here is tigerfan's coach has had some good.   we haven't had a winning season since the Bryant boys started trying to coach

When I said we are what we are I was not talking about the football team I was talking about the mountain as a whole. Do you think coaches would be beating down the door to come here? Well? We can win with what we have and that's the Bryants. I am proud they are our coaches. Period.

haven't had a winning season yet.....how many more years does it take......and if we can travel to warren co to get a good  principal, i'm sure we could find a good coach also.

I have it figured out. Since Yeller and Beav seam to know everything there is to know about football.  How bout we hire them?

Then we would have the "Dumb and Dumber Connection". I like the sound of that!

On a serious note, glad u can find humor in losing, I don't think the fans that got up and left the game Friday night saw anything funny, nor does the principal or school board. 

I have it figured out. Since Yeller and Beav seam to know everything there is to know about football.  How bout we hire them?

Then we would have the "Dumb and Dumber Connection". I like the sound of that!

So you agree it is time for a change? Again is ok for others to apply before there is before there is an opening? Yeller and beav might have some competition.

Pride so now you think it doesn't matter if we win or lose that's not the big picture? Your job as a coach Is to win ball games PERIOD!!! We are not questioning the Bryant's character here!! WE NEVER HAVE!!!! So stop beating that dead horse! There are plenty of coaches out there that's looking for that break to get there career started! Look at DC with Trapp if I'm not mistaken he was a pee wee coach and yes he got a break and honestly look at DC now. There last 2 seasons they were 8-3 and 10-2 and 2nd round playoffs. This year 3-0. That's what it's about! Point blank WE NEED A FRESH START!

Yes he was a pee wee coach, had no experience besides that what so ever. When he was talking about being hired lots of people did not approve but once he was everyone got behind him. His first 3 years was bad we went 3-27 since then it is 40-20. We have made the playoffs every year but one since his first 3 years. What I am getting at is atleast yall have tasted a little success, our program was run into the ground when Trapp took over. Yall could hire a top notch coach but that dont mean he would be successful, it takes more than being able to coach to turn a program around.

Yes he was a pee wee coach, had no experience besides that what so ever. When he was talking about being hired lots of people did not approve but once he was everyone got behind him. His first 3 years was bad we went 3-27 since then it is 40-20. We have made the playoffs every year but one since his first 3 years. What I am getting at is atleast yall have tasted a little success, our program was run into the ground when Trapp took over. Yall could hire a top notch coach but that dont mean he would be successful, it takes more than being able to coach to turn a program around.

You sound like you know what you are talking about. I hope these folks read this post real good.

In response to Maverick: I do not find humor in losing. I hate it as a matter of fact. But I will. I repeat. Never leave before a game is over. I will support them until the horn sounds. The humor I find is that you guys never talk about a "game" which is what these boards "I thought" were supposed to be intended for. Silverdale @ Grundy. I believe that Goat Man has mentioned this before.  How many of you really talk about the actual game itself on these threads? From what I see not very many.

I played on the bad DC teams in Trapps first few years. The difference between his first few years and all the losing seasons before that was community support. The stadium might not of always been packed but people stayed until the end and you didnt have people questioning everything Trapp said and done. As players we bought into what Coach Trapp was preaching, that we was the building blocks and that it would pay off in the years to come. It all comes down to the players and community buying in and supporting whatever is put on the field. Good things will come with the right coach and what I just previously said.

I played on the bad DC teams in Trapps first few years. The difference between his first few years and all the losing seasons before that was community support. The stadium might not of always been packed but people stayed until the end and you didnt have people questioning everything Trapp said and done. As players we bought into what Coach Trapp was preaching, that we was the building blocks and that it would pay off in the years to come. It all comes down to the players and community buying in and supporting whatever is put on the field. Good things will come with the right coach and what I just previously said.

In my opinion we have the right Coach. But the support is not there and it's sad. I will almost be willing to bet that the players we have love playing for our Coach. I might be wrong but I dont think so.

We have to have something to talk about besides getting out coached and watching our coach humiliate his self in front of 2000+ fans every game that he isn't smart enough to win! In my opinion DC fan our program is ran Into the ground! Every week same old thing it's just getting old. We have some kids that's capable of the next level of play but is not getting the recognition and coaching they need to make it there. You never know yeller jacket and the beav might surprise you! Just saying!

Edited by Beavcleaver