Silverdale Baptist Academy vs Grundy County

THEDOC

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like what I have to say then ask coacht about it. Give the coaches a break and talk about the game. We all disagree with coaches from time to time, but they are the ones putting in the time not us. Post about the game and everything will be great.

OR

Keep playing with fire and you will get burnt.

Edited by TheAmbassador

For the record no ones playing with fire. Sounds to me like you just might have some personal issues. Are you even from GRUNDY? If so and you know anything about football then it's not rocket science that you cannot see this! And I think If your not from here then its no need you wasting your time with worrying about it then. That's just my freedom of speech opinion that I'm an American and entitled too.

Edited by Beavcleaver

Here is what you guys agreed to when you registered: http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

I would like to emphasize Rule #18: Be Gone: If you are under the impression that these are free-for-all forums, or that we somehow are a public discussion center that allows all FREE SPEECH, you can go elsewhere. This is a privately operated website and has established rules of etiquette. You are a guest here and have been extended privileges provided you follow our rules. These message boards are not your right. You are not given a right to post anything you want here. If you cannot deal with these rules, feel free to find an uncivilized forum out there.

All we have been talking about is our coaches aren't doing there jobs to give our boys the chance to be the best they can be. Is this wrong in any way? I am not wanting to argue here I'm just asking a question. Thank you.

i dont see how saying the coaches are not doing their job is bashing.  they are not being cursed or threatened in any way and by following those etiqutte rules i think that a civil disscussion can be carried out here.

Without trying to stir up the argument, here are my feelings, short version:

Coaches do the best job they can with what they have. If they had stronger, faster, more athletic, smarter players then they would play them. Coaches want to win as bad as fans but sometimes they have to do things that no one but they and the team understand, ie not playing a kid because of attitude, or classwork, or laziness, or a dozen other reasons... and those are things you can't explain to the media.

Never did a game go by without me busting my own chops about why I called that play, or that defense, or that coverage, or put that kid in in that situation. It is hard. Yes, coaches have to do it. That is their job. But, it is not easy.

Are there some coaches out there who don't need to be coaching? Sure, just like in every profession. They will weed themselves out.

Coach-bashing gives these boards a bad name and defeats the purpose for us being here. I promise you there are some family members of (in this case, Grundy County) players and coaches that have been told about this particular thread and only visit to read those posts which means that they miss the thousands of positive conversations that have been or are taking place on these boards. I encourage them to look around the boards a little and for others to think a little more before you post.

Coach t thanks for the response. Honestly it's a shame that you had to step in and intervene in this topic because of some feedback from family members or coaches parents talking about our coaches. Honestly sir coaching is a profession like politics in my opinion if you are doing your job then people is happy but if you are not people is gonna criticize. In my opinion if you aren't able to handle criticism on how you coach a game or how you vote on certain issues and carry your feelings on your shoulders then maybe a politician or coaching isn't your profession. The reason for this talk sir as its been stated in the forums is these issues haven't changed over the career of this staff. It only continues. Therefore it causes talk and criticism. If we talk about some of our issues here it lets us know how others feel too. I apologize if I have caused any hard feelings here by my post but I'm just stateing my opinion. I certainly do hope things turn around for our athletes here. Because in my opinion they have talent and deserve it. GO GRUNDY!!

Edited by Beavcleaver

Coach t thanks for the response. Honestly it's a shame that you had to step in and intervene in this topic because of some feedback from family members or coaches parents talking about our coaches. Honestly sir coaching is a profession like politics in my opinion if you are doing your job then people is happy but if you are not people is gonna criticize. In my opinion if you aren't able to handle criticism on how you coach a game or how you vote on certain issues and carry your feelings on your shoulders then maybe a politician or coaching isn't your profession. The reason for this talk sir as its been stated in the forums is these issues haven't changed over the career of this staff. It only continues. Therefore it causes talk and criticism. If we talk about some of our issues here it lets us know how others feel too. I apologize if I have caused any hard feelings here by my post but I'm just stateing my opinion. I certainly do hope things turn around for our athletes here. Because in my opinion they have talent and deserve it. GO GRUNDY!!

Good post. The best thing we can do here is to agree to disagree and move on and talk about the games. I agree with what you said. I hope we can get things turned around. I think it will start to happen this week.