1A Polls

JungleJim125

Guest hevyrevy1611

Just shows how weak 1a is this year after the normal teams we see ranked week in and week out! No disrespect at all to teams outside the top ten looking in.

1A weak? seriously? Dresden has already beat 2 of the top ten 2A squads (PeabodyTrenton in reg season and Forrest in full-pad scrimmages), and 1A Union City just manhandled the former #1 2A Huntingdon Mustangs, and ... well, I could provide more examples, but methinks that statement of a weak 1A not based on facts at all. Lions only loss was first game by 3 pts to our worthy 3A rivals Westview after our 9 (i think) turnovers and oodles of dumb penalties. Since then its dominating performances even with all our freshman and squads mistakes. Other 1A squads in this area also beating bigger/upper class schools. Gleason is putting up HUGE numbers this year and blowing out everbody, bad. So 1A definitely not weak, at least not in West TN. But this dumb hick from sticks not as smart as others, so whadda I know, eh?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on that other site at sperpxaM (<bckwrds) rankings are:

1 Greenback 3-1

2 Dresden 3-1

3 Nashville Christian (Nashville) 4-0

4 Humboldt 3-0

5 South Pittsburg 3-1

6 Cloudland (Roan Mountain) 4-0

7 Union City 2-1

8 Coalfield 2-2

9 Gleason 4-0

10 Gordonsville 3-1

11 Jo Byrns (Cedar Hill) 2-1.

No Moore Co. here, and we all know rankings not really matter nor win games, just that last game at Cookeville is what matters. But it nice to get noticed and some respect during year. Go Dresden Lions! :)[/quote

This poll seems to be more "on target" than the AP. after JB Red Devils beat NCS what will happen

1A weak? seriously? Dresden has already beat 2 of the top ten 2A squads (PeabodyTrenton in reg season and Forrest in full-pad scrimmages), and 1A Union City just manhandled the former #1 2A Huntingdon Mustangs, and ... well, I could provide more examples, but methinks that statement of a weak 1A not based on facts at all. Lions only loss was first game by 3 pts to our worthy 3A rivals Westview after our 9 (i think) turnovers and oodles of dumb penalties. Since then its dominating performances even with all our freshman and squads mistakes. Other 1A squads in this area also beating bigger/upper class schools. Gleason is putting up HUGE numbers this year and blowing out everbody, bad. So 1A definitely not weak, at least not in West TN. But this dumb hick from sticks not as smart as others, so whadda I know, eh?

You completely missed the point I was making. You may want to read again what I said. In short, outside of the top ten we see ranked year in year out and week in week out there is a huge drop off in talent at this level. In no way was I bashing 1a because that is where I played and who I still support. It was in response to how a 2 and 2 Moore County team whom has gotten beat pretty badly the last two weeks remain in the top ten

1a is not weak or down, its just that the traditional powers/preseason favorites arent dominating so the (majority) idiot sports writers have no clue who to vote for

They may not have a clue as who to vote for, but whoever gave Moore County a first place vote should never vote again...that's just beyond clueless...borders on _____ (fill in the blank)

Guest hevyrevy1611

oh, I c says the blind man me. you right pirate. I not familiar with all the 1A teams, yet, ... I HAVE found a site hsfdatabase dot com that has all the TENN teams games, histories, playoffs, etc. where i been trying to familiarize myself. Trousdale Co. looks like they moved up to 2A along with with Huntingdon, both will be contenders there. TC has never lost a finals games, 6 gold balls. amazing. After that S. Pitt is the perpetual 1A powerhouse it appears from this site I'be been looking at for this history stuff. I, and my football playing son (now graduated) prefer smaller schools, we moved from a bigger school (5A) to here in Dresden on purpose, to play here, it's just better on several levels imo. GO small-town schools everywhere! :) I sit corrected (i would say 'stand', but I'm behind a desk at moment, ha). As for same ol same ol, Humboldt and Dresden, and who knows who else from West, Union City, Gleason, and ? may be shaking things up in 1A and getting some new rivalries started, esp. come playoff time. Time will tell. Would be interesting to have top two teams in all classes, plus a few wildcards, square off in a playoff. I'd be cheering on the smaller "underdogs". :)

Great post! The East will see how good the west is this year! UC Humboldt or Dresden?? They all are good 1A teams and one will represent the west IMO

Humboldt still holds the number 1 spot. Like to hear ur thoughts on the polls. I mean no disrespect when i post this question? How do u give Moore County a top ten ranking and one first place vote after being shut out two straight weeks by a combine 51-0?

Politics!!! Someone's hitting too much lemonade

oh, I c says the blind man me. you right pirate. I not familiar with all the 1A teams, yet, ... I HAVE found a site hsfdatabase dot com that has all the TENN teams games, histories, playoffs, etc. where i been trying to familiarize myself. Trousdale Co. looks like they moved up to 2A along with with Huntingdon, both will be contenders there. TC has never lost a finals games, 6 gold balls. amazing. After that S. Pitt is the perpetual 1A powerhouse it appears from this site I'be been looking at for this history stuff. I, and my football playing son (now graduated) prefer smaller schools, we moved from a bigger school (5A) to here in Dresden on purpose, to play here, it's just better on several levels imo. GO small-town schools everywhere! :) I sit corrected (i would say 'stand', but I'm behind a desk at moment, ha). As for same ol same ol, Humboldt and Dresden, and who knows who else from West, Union City, Gleason, and ? may be shaking things up in 1A and getting some new rivalries started, esp. come playoff time. Time will tell. Would be interesting to have top two teams in all classes, plus a few wildcards, square off in a playoff. I'd be cheering on the smaller "underdogs". :)

Good post! If I may, I would like to clarify some of the TC history you have mentioned.

1922 "mythical" state champs (us TC homers count it)

1972 AA state champs (3 classes)

1973 AA state runner up

1974 AA state runner up

1975 AA state runner up

1990 A state champs (3 classes)

1993 A state champs

1997 A state champs

1998 A state champs

2005 A state champs

2008 A state champs

2009 AA state champs

Somewhere around 93 or so is when tssaa started adding all the extra classes.

Edited by TheGhostOfJimB

Guest hevyrevy1611

thanks for info ghost... I trying to quote but it not letting me. Somewhere on a site, I think it was the hsfdatabase, there was a list of 1A champs. I was looking and wondering who the perennial powerhouses were in 1A and whom Dresden may face IF /when we get deep in playoffs. What I saw for 1A then showed Trousdale Co. had been to 1A finals 6 times and won all (if I recall correctly). However, deeper research shows they been there lots more than that and it must be in other classes besides 1A, and whatever class they in, this TC team IS a top tier, premiere team with loads of history. wow. hope Dresden Lions can develop a record like some of these Tenn teams. dude. here is a link of interest http://hsfdatabase.com/tennesseefaf.htm that shows what I found in championship history.

thanks for info ghost... I trying to quote but it not letting me. Somewhere on a site, I think it was the hsfdatabase, there was a list of 1A champs. I was looking and wondering who the perennial powerhouses were in 1A and whom Dresden may face IF /when we get deep in playoffs. What I saw for 1A then showed Trousdale Co. had been to 1A finals 6 times and won all (if I recall correctly). However, deeper research shows they been there lots more than that and it must be in other classes besides 1A, and whatever class they in, this TC team IS a top tier, premiere team with loads of history. wow. hope Dresden Lions can develop a record like some of these Tenn teams. dude. here is a link of interest http://hsfdatabase.com/tennesseefaf.htm that shows what I found in championship history.

It's a great website! I think one of the Coach T posters (RollRedRoll) owns it.