Oak Ridge vs Sevier County Predictions

finalsay

you guys need get out of the time capsule you are in. the reason you don't have as many people at your games is because nobody has as many people at their games anymore. it has nothing to do with coaching or players. it has to do with the fact that people don't support their schools like they used to. whether it be football, band, choir, the school play, whatever. and as far as the comment about being upset that nobody fears oak ridge anymore; you might as well get used to being upset about that. kids today are growing up in a "what have you done for me lately" society and they could care less about oak ridge's tradition. i hate to inform you but being oak ridge doesn't mean squat. GO OWLS!!!!!!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

barnowl---

IT DOES MEAN SQUAT!!

I can guarantee you with certainty when Oak Ridge gets their NEW COACH the attendance will get back to the way it was.

The attendance went down when the fans protested Bill Young just like now.

A new coach with people skills WHO DOES NOT PUT DOWN HIS PLAYERS, and their ability or blame them for losses or exile the ones that don

catpack,

who the heck is bill young? like i said before, get out of your cozy little wonderland. folks down here in the southern part of the state are living in the real world - not dreaming of yesteryear. i guess that's why the region champ is from down here, the region's best player is from down here, the region's best coach is from down here, and the region's best atmosphere on friday night can be found right off of exit 11 of I-75.

GO OWLS!!!

SEVIER CO. - 14 HOUSE DIVIDED - 3

Ratpack,

i have never claimed to be an expert. but i do know good coaches when i meet them and see what they do. i have plenty of time to coach my team, don't worry about that. it's not a claim that i don't coach in oak ridge, it's a fact. i worry about it for two reasons, 1- to defend guys that get wrongly blamed, and 2- to annoy people like you who think that they know everything. it really cracks me up to read what you guys say.

later.

catwatch,

so what you are saying is that the mighty wildcats are going to be in the quaterfinals. don't they have to get by sevier, and D-B first? the owls are taking it one game at a time. but if you do happen to make it to the quaterfinals, then good luck. i hope bill young is there to cheer you on.

GO OWLS!!

:D

Hey CATPACK are u a coach T plus member? I would like to send u a private message. I have some ideas about what to do next to convince the powers at be to remove BL & RG from there OR football postions!!

Let me know!

Go cats! Go Away Coaches!

[Edited by peniroo on 11-6-02 2:58P]

Guest cathead98

dont worry the mighty wildcats will be in the quaterfinals and destroy Mcminn twice this year. riverdale, watch out, you'll be next. bill young will be proud after we beat germantown and bring the GOLD BALLS back to the Ridge.

catwatch,

it seems that the owls and wildkittens have met twice over the last two seasons and the mighty felines are 0-2!!!! explain how a team with no offensive weapons and seemingly no fan support could possibly change that disturbing trend. if the kittycats make it to the quarterfinals then great, they just better hope the owls have been knocked off by then.

GO OWLS!

SMOKY BEARS - 14 HOUSE DIVIDED - 3 ;)

Guest cathead98

What's the deal about $1300 being embezzled from the Oak Ridge Athletic Dept.? I heard it on the 6:00 news. It was from the gate receipts of the Ooltewah game. What gives, we're having enough problems as it is? I didn't hear the whole story.

The House is not divided on the field and the turnout of fans at Oak Ridge home games is still larger than any place else we have gone this year. The point is well taken that fan support is down for high school events everywhere but Oak Ridge still enjoys more support than any of our Region rivals. I hope they will turnout again this week against Sevier County.