Gordonsville @ Lancaster Christian

croz6110

OK, LC fans, how come you guys wouldn't allow Gville's band to come?

Sounds pretty bush league to me.

Can someone explain?

I agree. I was at that game and the entertainment would have been nice. I am not a fan but at the moment i know a few people at the school. if you don't receive a response i will ask them if they know anything.

Edited by switzerland

Have no idea why administration would not allow your band to come? LC doesnt have a band, but thats not a good reason! I have no idea!

Y'alls administration probably didn't want your parents to realize they pay soo much to go to a school that doesn't even have a band, when they could have just went to public school and had one for no extra money.

Gville proved once again that they can't cover the pass. And that they can't play on the road. But this was a bad situation all together. LCA had some great athletes. I heard they got a transfer in from Riverdale or Blackman a couple or weeks ago. Which just isn't right in my opinion. This game should have never been scheduled with them not being a part of the TSSAA. However, I don't think it's right to say kids name on here but there's a certain secondary member that I would bench so fast he wouldn't ever know what hit him. He played horrible and it was obvious. But moving on we match up way better with Westmoreland next week. Can't wait to see that one

All of LCA players this year have been on the team since the Summer workouts started. There were no transfers in the last couple of weeks.

Then why not join the TSSAA? That's why Watson left.

I would bet money that there would be kids ineligible if they were members.

Either way, we got spanked. I'm just saying that each team plays by different rules.

TSSAA cost money that LCA, a small private school can't afford. LCA is not as into the sports program as they are into the educating of the kids. They have a football program that is doing well, however the players have to maintain at least a B average in the classroom.

Watson left because his wife got into a Masters program at APSU, but even that isn't the issue, LCA has good athletes that are doing well at this time. I wonder if this would even be a discussion if Gordonsville had won.

TSSAA cost money that LCA, a small private school can't afford. LCA is not as into the sports program as they are into the educating of the kids. They have a football program that is doing well, however the players have to maintain at least a B average in the classroom.

Watson left because his wife got into a Masters program at APSU, but even that isn't the issue, LCA has good athletes that are doing well at this time. I wonder if this would even be a discussion if Gordonsville had won.

http://www.lohud.com/article/D4/20130611/SPORTS08/306110028/Lancaster-Christian-wants-stay-out-TSSAA

Here's a link to an article that states that their decision to stay out of the TSSAA affected his decision.

Being a member is not that much money, and LCA is missing out on some.

Actually this was part of the discussion before the game, so the fact that LCA won doesn't hold water.

We lost to a better team. There's no doubt about that.

But, if those players that started during summer workouts had went to another school and didn't change address would have to sit out a year.

It doesn't take away from the fact that we got spanked.

Gville knew the situation there and agreed to play, but there are more than likely some schools that wouldn't.

• Upvote 1

http://www.lohud.com/article/D4/20130611/SPORTS08/306110028/Lancaster-Christian-wants-stay-out-TSSAA

Here's a link to an article that states that their decision to stay out of the TSSAA affected his decision.

Being a member is not that much money, and LCA is missing out on some.

Actually this was part of the discussion before the game, so the fact that LCA won doesn't hold water.

We lost to a better team. There's no doubt about that.

But, if those players that started during summer workouts had went to another school and didn't change address would have to sit out a year.

It doesn't take away from the fact that we got spanked.

Gville knew the situation there and agreed to play, but there are more than likely some schools that wouldn't.

This schedule was made by Watson last year. A lot of the teams agreed to play LCA because they were expecting an easy win. LCA was JB homecoming the third game of the year, really?

It feels good to allow LCA seniors to get a little respect. They have been on LCA teams when LCA was 10-0, 0-10, 7-5, so they deserve a decent season.

Do know that at LCA the focus is not about SPORTS, they work hard on building great students, getting them in and prepared for college. Football is just something they do for recreation ONLY, however winning at it is good as well. This is how it should be, educate first, then sports. These kids are not just playing to get into college, most of them will go to college on academic scholarships too. And in the process, they get to praise God!!!!